Movie of *your* So-Called Life

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Sep 9th 2002, 1:02 pm

Fun topic...

This is a tough call!! If we're casting based on looks...Neve Campbell would be a close match to me. Except personally, I'm not her biggest fan...she seems a little snooty!

I'd like for someone cool and slightly weird to play me....like say Thora Birch or Christina Ricci.

:)
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 9th 2002, 8:38 pm

I think overall I'd go with Keri Russell. They'd have to put a bigger nose on her and slightly darken her curls, but otherwise she's a good match physically. She's also a decent actress, and (from interviews I've read) seems like a nice person.

Highlander
Tino

Post by Highlander » Sep 27th 2002, 12:43 pm

Like others... i would like to say John Cusak... but being more honest... :)

I would have to go with Tom Sizemore, in his role in Strange Days.
Obviously without his latent psychopathic tendancies, but I do share
colour blindness with the character! :lol:
Jase
"Victims; aren't we all?"

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 27th 2002, 6:13 pm

Based on looks? Well, I've been told I look like Josh Hartnett, but I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted, and anyway, he can't act.

Personality-wise: Thora Birch's character in Ghost World is my female equivalent, so if she had a sex change, she could play me quite well.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Sep 27th 2002, 9:21 pm

Tom Sizemore is a great actor. A little too creepy at times, but he is very talented. IMHO his best work was in True Romance. I thought Brad Pitt's best performance was in True Romance as well. But that's just my opinion.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

worldsapart
Between Names

who is me?

Post by worldsapart » Nov 14th 2002, 11:28 pm

When asked this question in the past, I've always been stumped. No one seems to look anything like me. My cousin thinks Kelly Martin (another ER alum!), but I don't agree. Then again, people think my best friend and I are twins, and I don't think we look anything alike, so maybe it's just me.

Tracey
I mock you with my monkey pants.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 14th 2002, 11:52 pm

Ok...a little tricky. Oh, by the by, WorldsApart; I too just found this site today and if you'll notice, I have peppered just about every thread here with my inane comments! :lol:

Back on track: dTheater - be FLATTERED!! He might not be able to act, but he could LEARN! :D you could do much worse - likewise to the John Cusaks in here - HE can act AND is extremely easy on the eyes. Lucky yous... :wink:

As for me, the fiance told me the other day while we were watching Love & Sex, that except for the hair, Famke and I could be sisters (I think he meant facial features??) Natch, I looked over at him in complete and utter amazement :shock: 'Cause, YA RIGHT! Plus, a little bias at work...So, I'll go with someone I chose before when asked...Ellen Barkin. At my age, 35. I'm a total smart ass and I look it...and so does she. I love that smirk!! :twisted:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Movie of *your* So-Called Life

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 15th 2002, 12:29 am

ClarenceWorley wrote:Okay, time for another pseudo-poll. But this time it's all about you, yes you.

If there was ever to be a movie made based on you at any period of your life, who would be the ideal actor to play, you?

Myself, an obvious choice would be John Cusack, but I think I'd have to go for Ben Stiller. Maybe because he could balance my serious and strange demeanours succinctly, but that's reading way too much into it. :wink:

So, who would play you :?:
Gee, I think that movie was already made...they called it Ghost World. Steve Bushemi's character in there reminds me so much of me, it's almost scary!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Movie of *your* So-Called Life

Post by fnordboy » Nov 15th 2002, 4:59 pm

Calhoun07 wrote:
ClarenceWorley wrote:Okay, time for another pseudo-poll. But this time it's all about you, yes you.

If there was ever to be a movie made based on you at any period of your life, who would be the ideal actor to play, you?

Myself, an obvious choice would be John Cusack, but I think I'd have to go for Ben Stiller. Maybe because he could balance my serious and strange demeanours succinctly, but that's reading way too much into it. :wink:

So, who would play you :?:
Gee, I think that movie was already made...they called it Ghost World. Steve Bushemi's character in there reminds me so much of me, it's almost scary!

"Have some more kids, why dont ya!"

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 15th 2002, 5:10 pm

"Have some more kids, why dont ya!"
:lol: :lol:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Nov 16th 2002, 7:56 am

Well, if it was based on looks, I'd have to say Milla Jovovich since people have told me I look like her, although I CANNOT see the resemblance myself, except maybe for the eyes. As for the acting, Milla would be perfect as me, she's a really bad actress! And I'm sure I couldn't act to save myself!
"See, I have this philosophy......."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 28th 2003, 2:23 pm

Macaulay Culkin both looks like me and probably acts like me. John McEnroe hosted Letterman's Late Show last night. Somehow, they got a camera to find Culkin in another building. His smart ass comments and the looks he gave which screamed, "leave me alone," were just like things I would do. It kind of creeped me out though when Michael Jackson said on one of his recent interviews that Macaulay Culkin and his brother slept in the same bed with him at Neverland Ranch.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 28th 2003, 2:51 pm

If I had to say which character acted the most like me when I was in high school (but didn't look like me), it would have to be Lauren Ambrose's character in Can't Hardly Wait. I would want Julia Styles to play me, though. I have gotten Faith Hill and Debbie Gibson (when she was still a Debbie) in looks-wise. It is the blonde hair with brown eyes (although I have since dyed my hair darker).

Did any of that make sense? :roll:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

interesting thread

Post by lance » Feb 28th 2003, 6:40 pm

Hmmm,

I have been thinking about how to respond to this one for quite sometime. I think Robin Williams would be good to play me with how I am with my friends.

At work....I think Bill Murray would be more appropriate. I try really hard not to take my job too seriously :D

Best,

Lance Man

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 1st 2003, 12:56 am

I know this forum is about My So-Called Life and Claire Danes was the star...believe me though when I say this.

For looks, Claire Danes would play me. People have told me several times over the years that I look like her, although maybe not so much anymore. I'm a redhead with natural blondish and brownish highlights, shoulder-length, and Claire is blond of course. But my face is the same shape (think Romeo + Juliet, except for the hair), I have wide eyes, a big smile, and full lips just like her. I swear I'm not just saying this! If I weren't paranoid about my picture being on the internet maybe I'd show you guys.

For personality, maybe Cameron Diaz or Claire. I love Cameron's character in Something About Mary. But I'm not quite so hardcore of a jock. I do enjoy watching sports and playing, but I don't live and breathe it. But I'm not a 9ers fan, and I AM a Packers fan! I'm definately an extrovert and all about having a good time (I am in college, after all!). So probably Cameron Diaz would be a good choice.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~