Drilled on the MSCL DVDs? Check out LOTR!

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Nov 14th 2002, 11:43 pm

I too really love the Harry Potter Book's. I recieved a set of all four in late October and I finished them in less then 2 weeks. The first movie wasn't as good as the book, but the actors they chose were perfect. I can't wait until the 5th book comes out. Oh and two towers is going to be really great too. I am going to watch both movies over the winter break.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 15th 2002, 3:13 pm

Hi all,

Rickeylove on a previous thread, I can't remember which you asked if I minded being called Lancey. Nope, no problem here. I have also been called, "Sir Lancelot knight of the oblong table, lance, dude, bro,you in the corner next to the potted plant, dorkwad and dork butt(by select family members)." Of course I have been called much worse :wink:

I agree that the next 6 months plus is going to be a great time for movie and DVDs. Sascha I am trying to stay on topic. I can't wait for the two towers. Of course per Lance family agreement I have to see Harry Potter this weekend with the wife first, but come December-Two Towers! I have a couple of days off coming up so I plan to catch up on my DVD watching. No MSCL yet, see what happens next week.

I am looking forward the following DVD releases:

Angel: Season One-2/11/03
Babylon 5 Season Two-April 2003
Buffy: Third Season-1/7/03
Simpsons: Third Season-April 2003.

Continued best,

Lance Man

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 15th 2002, 4:56 pm

Hey Lance-Factor! :wink:

I'm guessing you have siblings - sounds like the things only they would say :lol:

Anyone seen the new HP movie yet?? I realize it just came out, but some of you are on the east coast and may have caught a matinee...

I'm curious about reviews, so if anyone does see it, it'd be great to hear 'em. I personally am going to wait til a weekday and see a matinee so as to avoid groups of rabid children..
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 16th 2002, 9:21 am

Ricky love,

Yup, to date I have one brother, one sister, 3 half sisters, half brother (the halfs are two sets of twins '84 & '87) and an ex-stepbrother.. Dad just married again so there may be more in the offing.

Not going to see Harry Potter till Thursday, D'oh! Anyone seen it yet? Reactions?

Lance Man

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 16th 2002, 3:37 pm

Lance man -

Holy CRAP!! :shock: That's some horde!! As an only child, I am always fascinated to hear how many siblings others have...must be...well, I don't KNOW what it must be, actually. Fun?? Bothersome?? CROWDED!? :lol:

Anyway, I'll bet fun most of the time - hence all the name calling, right? I'm sure you threw in some zingers...

Anyone seen the HP flick yet?? I plan on seeing it this Tuesday.

Later
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 16th 2002, 10:36 pm

Rickey Love-

I have held my own in the "sibling wars". Fortuately we all get all pretty well so long as we don't discuss politics. Of course the fact that we are spread out amongst Ohio, Texas and Nevada doesn't hurt either :wink:

Lance Man

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 16th 2002, 11:01 pm

Ah yes, distance...the great equalizer. :D I know just what you mean...

I'm not sure, for instance, that my family living within 50 miles of me, would not drive me bat-s**t most of the time. Is that wrong? :wink:

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 17th 2002, 10:57 pm

Am I the only person in the world that likes LOTR enough to NOT want to see these movies?

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 17th 2002, 11:18 pm

Negative, Zero. Wait...

No matter, no, you are NOT the only one. I held out til the VERY LAST! Seriously, I wanted nothing to do with these, I had already loved them and did not see this new one till someone brought it over and FORCED me to view it.

So, I can honestly say, it wasn't NEARLY as bad as you might think. Much, much better than you would expect - or at least better than what I expected. They did a proper job - although obviously, there are a few things I would say are missing, but all in all...a very pleasant surprise.

It seems everyone involved with this project has copies of the series around at all times and they reference them continuously - well done. Really.

Joe Bob says...check it out.

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 17th 2002, 11:30 pm

Ricky Love wrote:I can honestly say, it wasn't NEARLY as bad as you might think. Much, much better than you would expect .
Don't get me wrong - I like Mr Jackson, the cast looks fine and the clips i've seen suggest it's a good enough film.... but... yanno. See a movie and then read a book and all you see are the images from the film. I'm happy the way LOTR looks in my head without seeing it on screen.

If I'm too lazy to re-read I listen to the 13 hour radio play version the BBC did... now thats worth getting excited over.

Post by Guest » Nov 18th 2002, 12:40 am

Ya, I know just what you mean. Films rarely do books justice - just look at any Stephen King book. They should just stop TRYING to make those into films, imo. I will say one thing about LOTR - they actually looked at the illistrations in order to get the locales right...not bad.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 18th 2002, 12:44 am

P.S. Guest was me - damn dial up!! I got cut off and forget to logon again... :roll:

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Nov 18th 2002, 9:43 pm

To answer a question from several posts back -- Yes, I saw the Harry Potter movie this weekend. Twice.

It was good. I didn't like the 2nd book as much as the first, but I liked the 2nd movie better. And now I've already started rereading book 3 -- I'm ready for that movie to come out now! :D Granted, I'm MORE ready for the 5th book. What's the holdup?! Maybe she switched publishers and the new one is called.....anotheruniverse.com

Tracey
I mock you with my monkey pants.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 18th 2002, 10:41 pm

She claims that the legal battle over her alleged plagiarism took a lot of time, but I think that getting married and all that entails must have taken a pretty big chunk of her time too.

I haven't seen the second movie yet, but my sister said that she liked the second movie better than the first and the second book was her least favorite of the four so far.

:D

$87 million - that's pretty impresive.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 20th 2002, 12:29 am

candygirl wrote:She claims that the legal battle over her alleged plagiarism took a lot of time, but I think that getting married and all that entails must have taken a pretty big chunk of her time too.

I haven't seen the second movie yet, but my sister said that she liked the second movie better than the first and the second book was her least favorite of the four so far.

:D

$87 million - that's pretty impresive.
My wife and I just hit our one year anniversary at the end of October. Yup, getting married takes a great chunk of time, but worth it. Might see HP tommorrow.

Lance Man