Unbelievable.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 14th 2002, 1:05 am

ILoveCupCakes wrote: As for #1, hasn't effected me, but for reasons I can't go into on here...
As for #2, I haven't had to go without, but have been delayed at times. But the Comics and Comix employees are paid.....differently....then those who work at the main office.
Boy, that sure sounds like they're getting paid under the table to me.

"Can't go into here"

"paid....differently"

Doesn't sound legal at all actually. How else would he get paid? Maybe he's getting free comics :) My guess is definitely under the table...
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Wow.

Post by Fedup » Nov 14th 2002, 7:02 am

This would almost be funny if it weren't so sad. Jason, why don't you set up a meeting with this "investor" and they, oh say, 1000 MSCL fans who were cheated by AU. We'll show him what we think of his company and how he wants to profit from us.

This investor is no different than the crooks at Enron and GlobalComm (of whatever the name is). Trying to hide "book cooking" to keep the price of their shares up. My advice to the fool? Sell now and you'll get $0.05 more than if sell a month from now.

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Post by mental » Nov 14th 2002, 11:57 am

ILoveCupCakes wrote:
Howard wrote:CupCakes:

Basically, I was curious about a couple of things.

1) What is your experience with checks bouncing?
2) Have you ever had to go without an expected paycheck?

If you feel more comfortable replying out of thread, feel free to private message me.

Howard
As for #1, hasn't effected me, but for reasons I can't go into on here...

As for #2, I haven't had to go without, but have been delayed at times. But the Comics and Comix employees are paid.....differently....then those who work at the main office. I have HEARD of office people who are owed quite a bit, but no first hand knowledge.

It sounds like CupCakes is the much talked about, but never seen "accounting department" When you're the one that has control of the accounts, it's easy to make sure you get paid.

Just my guess...I have no real knowledge
Last edited by mental on Nov 14th 2002, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Nov 14th 2002, 11:57 am

RichD wrote:Just checked out that other message board, and all I can say is WOW - who the heck are those other illiterate wanks? It hurt my eyes just sifting through some of those postings... Socrates85 especially... comes across like a 12 year old.
Heh, Socrates (posting under one of his many aliases) posted all my contact info I used when I registered my domain. He's pissed off because I posted a news message about the Twilight Zone sets.

The best part about his post....none of that info is correct anymore. Hah.

Gord

flwrchild2
Tino

Post by flwrchild2 » Nov 15th 2002, 12:16 am

Jason-
You are the only one who has any integrity out of that whole bunch. Right about now I just wanna tell them that they can kiss my a**. i remember talking to you in the very begining of this thing and you did all you could to help me out with no luck (thanx for trying! :)). It's not your fault, this company is going to crap because THEY ARE crap!!! They need to learn how to run things there!