Dawson's Creek

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
mikeyled36
Nicky Driscoll

A little off topic....Dawson's Creek DVDs???

Post by mikeyled36 » Oct 9th 2002, 4:10 am

Hey all. Jason and anybody else.....have you heard anyting about a Dawson's Creek Season box set release?? I have heard a few things here and there that it may be at the end of this year or beginning of next year. It seems that Jason is in the know on lots of stuff so i just figured i would ask him anyone else who knows any better more solid info. I love this show and I figured that a lot of ols MSCL fans did too. sorry if I am mistaken :wink: thanks!!

Mikey

screenaged_kicks
Frozen Embryo

Post by screenaged_kicks » Oct 9th 2002, 5:31 am

Hey. :D

As regards a 'Dawson's Creek' DVD, the entire first season is to released 'sometime in the Spring'. The release has not been narrowed down to an actual date yet, but the show's official website (http://www.dawsonscreek.com) does confirm the creation of a boxset. Of course, it's highly likely that this will only be the American release date, but I believe that, from the results of a poll took by the website's owners, the DVDs will be available for Region 2 players as well as Region 1 (there was a considerably high proportion of foreign viewers in the poll results).

Hopefully, collections of subsequent seasons will be made available following the overwhelming success of this current endeavour...

Hope this helps,
Paul
'In meinem Himmel gibt es keinen Gott'

Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Dawson's Creek

Post by Double Espresso » Nov 10th 2002, 5:27 pm

Probably been asked on here before but what are people's opinions on Dawson's Creek? I watched the first season when it aired here in the UK about 4 years ago, and never really took to it, I've been watching Season 4 which is now on over here, and it seems to have improved vastly. Is it really the case that a show was rubbish at first, and got better by it's forth season?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 2:04 pm

Ive only seen an ep or two, which was probably in the first season. And of course i hated it. Though i did hear that it did get better over time (i have several friends who were addicted to the show...i know i should kill them to put them out of their misery).

I just have a real problem with all the actors on the show too.

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Chase Cat » Nov 13th 2002, 2:35 pm

I think only the quality of production (picture and sets) was increased in season 3 and 4. The characters are too one dimensional, too far away from reality to relate to them. I watched first season and thought, no, I hoped, that it will be a new "Life" one day. But I was frustrated as the seasons went by and nothing, absolutely nothing, apart from the high level babble happened. MSCL was able to develop our beloved characters from the very beginning. If they had canceled DC after the first season, noone would actually remember, IMHO.
Patty to Graham: You always buy the cat nicer food than I do.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 3:50 pm

I specifically remember that when Dawson's Creek began airing, I read a review that called it "My So-Called Life - without the life." OUCH!

I gave it a chance because I'm a sucker for the "in love with the boy next door" story. I was kind of hoping for a Wonder Years kind of vibe but that is NOT what it was.

The actors have admitted that the dialogue gives them a lot more credit than they deserve and makes them sound smarter and more insightful than teenagers really are. It kind of reminded me of when you read books with a specific style where the dialogue is sophisticated and makes sense to read, but you know that people don't really talk in such a manner.

I watched most of the first season, but now I'm totally out of the loop. Every once in a while, I'll watch for a few minutes if I happen to find it while I'm channel surfine but I'm so far gone that I have no idea what's going on or who most of the characters are.

A semi-related observation: No Doubt appears on tonight's episode of Dawson's Creek. Michelle Branch appeared in last season's Buffy. Stuff like that gives me a creepy 90210 Peach Pit kind of vibe. Is it just me?!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 13th 2002, 3:58 pm

I completely second, third, fourth, and fifth etc. etc. what Fnordboy said. Other that J. VanDerbeek I detest the other actors/actresses on that show. :evil: Can't stand them. (I wish I could throw their names in here but I have perged them from STmemory. ) And I don't particularly care for Dawson, I have just read he is a pretty nice person in real life.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 4:04 pm

What I did love is Anna Faris in Scary Movie parodying Katie Holmes.

:D

Hilarious!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 13th 2002, 4:07 pm

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 4:18 pm

K-man wrote:DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
double ditto.

funny sh!t

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 4:20 pm

K-man wrote:Other that J. VanDerbeek I detest the other actors/actresses on that show.
Besides, how can you NOT love a guy who uses a big clunky name like that instead of changing it to something easier and more suave?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 4:24 pm

candygirl wrote:
K-man wrote:Other that J. VanDerbeek I detest the other actors/actresses on that show.
Besides, how can you NOT love a guy who uses a big clunky name like that instead of changing it to something easier and more suave?

That big clunky name matches his big clunky head perfectly

He has a head like Sputnik. He cries himself to sleep everynight on his big pillow.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 13th 2002, 4:26 pm

Excellent point Candygirl, that is quite the 'big-clunky' name. :D Plus he was good enough to do the cameo in Scary Movie even though it was goofing on his co-star. You gotta respect that. Scary Movie was a complete pleasant/hilarious surprise for me. I wrote it off as something I wouldn't waste time on but then I caught the first five minutes (free) on the satellite and so I ordered it and then I fell off the couch laughing! :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 4:38 pm

The gift of cable - watching movies that you wouldn't normally pay cash to see and then finding some freaking hilarious stuff!

ilikefreestuff
Tino

Post by ilikefreestuff » Jan 25th 2003, 11:47 pm

You can now pre-order the first season of Dawson's Creek on Amazon.com. The release date is scheduled for April 1, 2003.