i'm losing hope

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
north_Star98
Yearbook Team

i'm losing hope

Post by north_Star98 » Dec 29th 2001, 6:19 am

i'm losing hope that the boxed dvd set is going to come out....:( sigh. when i read that news that the boxed dvd set is going to become a reality i was so excited...i had this huge faith that it was going to come out...and now...i find myself losing all hope that it's goign to come out...can someone reassure me that it's going to come out sometime in the near future?

restore my faith!!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: i'm losing hope

Post by dTheater » Dec 31st 2001, 2:23 am

Well, as of now, they are not going to come out in the near future. The petition seemed quite succesful and people from this site announced that we had won, the deal was done, and the DVDs were going to be produced, but they obviously jumped the gun. Since then, the BMG worker who had been championing the box set has apparently been fired and the deal has completely fallen through the cracks. There is still the possibility that some small company could attempt to purchase the DVD rights if they realize the how many would buy these DVDs, or if they don't get it, just make the DVDs from video taped copies from television and sell they over the internet. That, of course, would be illegal, but no more illegal than one fan selling another a video cassette of MSCL episodes. They would probably be DVD-Rs, so I wouldn't think the quality would be all that better than VHS tapes, but they would last longer. However, not all current DVD players play DVD-Rs.

This is all pure speculation of course.

"Close your eyes, you can find all you need in your mind if you Take the Time" - Dream Theater

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Dec 31st 2001, 11:32 am

I am losing hope too. I am in the UK and have had 17 of the MSCL episodes on tape for the past 7 years...then I hear that the series was being aired again on Trouble (on SKY) at the weekends. I don't have SKY and so asked a friend to tape the two episodes I was missing and have been waiting to see again for the best part of seven years. I managed to get one but somehow the video taping was messed up and once again I have missed my chance to get the last episode in my collection. I am after BETRAYAL (one of the most important episodes to me of course!) The first time my video tape jammed and this time I have ended up with the wrong episode. Does anyone in the UK have this episode on tape and would anyone be prepared to send me a copy. Please e-mail me at:

barnstable79@hotmail.com

Well if the DVD's never make it then I guess hope is lost (and out of drakness, hope is born!).

Joanna

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

richard
Liberty High Student

Post by richard » Dec 31st 2001, 2:14 pm

hello

I am in the UK and do have a copy of all the episdoes, but they are not all great quality. If you want me to run you off a copy of that though I will happily do so.

Feel free to reply here or email me at richard@richard-williamson.com if you want to sort something out

Richard

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jan 2nd 2002, 2:16 pm

AAAAHHHH! You guys are killin' me with all this negativity! Lifer's cheer up!!! It's a whole new year and who knows what could happen? It is true that things have looked better as far as the DVD box is concerned but just remember BMG (and any other company for that matter) doesn't care about customers, DVD box sets, or one single thing except MONEY! All they want is my/your dollars! AND...as long as there are those of us out there who have the cold-hard-cash to throw at them for the MSCL DVD's, there is still a chance those greedy suckers may crack and give us what we want. Think Positive. Say a prayer. Write a letter. Whatever you think will help....do it! Don't give up. It's been over 7 years since the evildoers at ABC killed our show and it still lives here on the net, on old worn out VHS tapes, and lot's of other places. BMG has some $ invested in the rights to MSCL and it would not be a prudent business decision to just let it rot in some storeroom somewhere. Let's hope they can see the benefit in releasing the DVD's. Be Positive!!

k-man

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jan 2nd 2002, 4:09 pm

OK a couple of things...first: Please don't lose hope! The DVD is still very much a possiblity. Our contact at BMG is workin as hard as ever to make it a reality. Alas he must first make sure he has a place to live and food to eat. MSCL is second to that, I do understand that many of you will argue with that but its just the way it is :-) Second: its was stated in a thread below that we jumped the gun in annoucing the DVD . This is not true! The DVD was a go! They had people in the editing booths working on it. Then the news of how bad it really was at BMG broke in the Wall Street Journel. Almost the entire Special Projects division was let go, including Our contact at BMG and his boss that had set the project in motion. BMG is conserned more with keepin Britney and this months 5 guy band. It all came down to the bottem line. The events of Sept 11th also had a dramatic effect on BMG as they are HQ'ed in NYC. Suffice to say that Our contact at BMG is well versed in how all this works, with the rights and publishing DVD's. Things are not as close as they were 6 months ago but we are still close. Have Faith! And remember all Good Stories have there ups and downs. Conflict and tension is what makes the story... :-)

Mike Glenn
Project Manager for MSCL.COM
Last edited by mglenn on May 5th 2004, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jan 3rd 2002, 7:47 pm

Hey thanks Richard! I'll e-mail you to discuss matters further ~:0)

Jo -x-

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 5th 2002, 7:59 pm

>< its was stated in a thread below that we jumped the gun in annoucing the DVD . This is not true! The DVD was a go! They had people in the editing booths working on it. Then the news of how bad it really was at BMG broke in the Wall Street Journel. Almost the entire Special Projects division was let go, including our guy and his boss that had set the project in motion. ><

That was me. Sorry 'bout that.

"Close your eyes, you can find all you need in your mind if you Take the Time" - Dream Theater

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 13th 2002, 9:24 am

Sometimes I'm the eternal optimist, and I'm new here so don't know much about the campaign other than what I've skimmed through on this site. Given the popularity of the DVD format and VHS becoming a fast-dying medium, I think it's quite possible that DVD sets will continue to become quite popular and also something that will make companies that only care about money get into gear. Here's a particularly interesting New York Post story that might be useful in correspondence asking for the DVD sets: http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/36738.htm

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard