The AU investors think that I am making up the double bills

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

The AU investors think that I am making up the double bills

Post by Jason R » Nov 12th 2002, 8:33 pm

If you were double billed and you have not received a refund, you are welcome to share your story here.

http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boar ... =OTCF:CMIH

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Nov 12th 2002, 9:21 pm

:?: The AU investors think that Jason's making up the double bills :?:

:!: RIDICULOUS :!:
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

tridentdps
Tino

Post by tridentdps » Nov 12th 2002, 9:32 pm

I ordered 1 TShirt 2 months ago, and got double billed. Not for the DVD set though. Am I surprised? NO! but I will be calling AU in the AM.....

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Nov 12th 2002, 11:30 pm

Jason, I read some of the posts by Socrates, and from the looks of it, he will not believe us no matter how many people testify to being screwed by AU.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Nov 13th 2002, 8:07 am

Surely this can't be a suprise right? Anyone dumb enough to invest in AU is dumb enough to believe that I double billed myself and didn't want to refund myself without disputing myself with my credit card company

lele8181
Tino

Re: The AU investors think that I am making up the double bi

Post by lele8181 » Nov 13th 2002, 1:23 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:If you were double billed and you have not received a refund, you are welcome to share your story here.

Hi Jason, I've posted my complaint about my experience w/ AU. I've filed complaints w/ most of the agencies you suggested but I haven't heard from anyone yet. I've also sent Ross several emails confirming & reminding him that I'm waiting for a refund.

Do you have any suggestions on what else we should do? My next inclination is to take legal action (I am an attorney licensed in MD). Has anyone discussed this possibility?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 13th 2002, 1:39 pm

Contact the FTC as well.

http://www.ftc.gov/

Companies have received huge fines for much less than this.
lele8181 wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:If you were double billed and you have not received a refund, you are welcome to share your story here.

Hi Jason, I've posted my complaint about my experience w/ AU. I've filed complaints w/ most of the agencies you suggested but I haven't heard from anyone yet. I've also sent Ross several emails confirming & reminding him that I'm waiting for a refund.

Do you have any suggestions on what else we should do? My next inclination is to take legal action (I am an attorney licensed in MD). Has anyone discussed this possibility?

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 13th 2002, 2:34 pm

lele8181 wrote:Do you have any suggestions on what else we should do? My next inclination is to take legal action (I am an attorney licensed in MD). Has anyone discussed this possibility?
Saw your post at RB. So far, no follow-up attacks, but keep your shields up. And prepare for all kinds of juvenile blather about what a worthless attorney you are not to know all the delicate intricacies of buying penny stocks and how complaining about a company publicly is libel...

My opinion? They left the last four letters off the Raging Bull name. :)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 14th 2002, 8:34 am

Hey Howard,

Did you see the recent post by "walkingmoney" about them wanting to sue us for hurting innocent stockholders? Who do you think would win a suit, innocent stockholders or innocent customers? I'd certainly go with the customers.

http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boar ... board=CMIH

According to data submitted by customers:

ProblemTotal = 1417
Processed = 933 (66%)
DoubleBill = 545
AddressChange = 115
Cancel = 413
New Email = 29
Overcharged = 96
No Charge = 49
CCExpires = 5
Complaint = 44
Other = 114

Of those processed, we surveyed them to see if they received refunds:
Total: 520
Yes: 55
No: 465
Percent: 11%

If you, as a customer, have been mistreated by this company, I recommend sharing your experiences with the investors.

Jason

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Nov 14th 2002, 12:49 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: If you, as a customer, have been mistreated by this company, I recommend sharing your experiences with the investors.

Jason
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Everyone: Please join us in the fun at Raging Bull. The more, the merrier.

Aaron T.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 14th 2002, 1:12 pm

I would not advise you to "have fun." I would say that if you had a problem, you should let them know that the criticisms of this company are based on fact.

They view this as some revenge thing I am plotting. I just want to move on already. I want refunds, products, promised bonuses delivered, because I do feel responsible for involving AU in this project. That is why I can't just walk away from it. I can't be like AU and say "oh well, it sucks to be you" to the customers.

Whether the company survives or not is of little concern to me. I just want them to honor their promises to customers.

Jason

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 14th 2002, 2:27 pm

Folks, this is my honest opinion;

Stay out of Ragingbull forum. Honestly - stay away from it.

While the tone of the forum HAS shifted with the influx of customers and level-headed investors sporting facts or the desire for fact, it is a forum for a group of investors for a company under fire, and the vocal majority is going to defend it no matter what you say.

Unfortuanately, no real names are used except on rare occassions (like Jason and a few others). The majority use handles, and to me, that's suspect. Why would investors want to use handles?

To protect themselves.

And I'll be blunt; The intellect level in there is... lacking for an investor site. That might have been an after-effect of the fall out, but that's far from an worthy excuse.

When I first heard about it, I was expecting a very very different place with a more professional tone. Instead, it's has been like wannabe shock jock convention. It's become a little more even, but not by much.

If you want to boil the tone of that forum down, I would remind you that one poster stated something recently to the effect that anybody who orders MSCL on DVD is an idiot/fool/moron. Again, what investor is going to make fun of the people potentially putting money into his or her pocket IN PUBLIC?

If you go in there, you're going to end up talking to yourself because only a few will listen. The remainder will take what you say, dissect it, spin it around and trow it right back in your lap.

Save yourself, and your cause, the trouble and direct all of your attention to the media. Go from Comic Buyer's Guide all the way up to 60 Minutes if you can. If you have contacts in the media, or know of someone who does, explore those routes.

In doing so, you'll go much farther than a mock forum.

Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.

Take care, and good luck.

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 14th 2002, 3:27 pm

I agree with Gary - you are better off warning potential customers than trying to convince these stockholders that they invested in a crap company.

Logic is a pretty basic skill, as is grammar. I'm going to make a leap here and say that if these people can't spell (as we have witnessed on multiple occassions), then how in the heck do you think that they will follow linear logic? All you will do is have your words twisted around and your own intelligence attacked.

Those people KNOW that AU is a terrible company and they don't care. All they want is a return on their investment. Do you think people who invest in the tobacco companies care that the product kills people? No, they care about their quarterly dividends.

I'm not trying to make this sound like "let Jason fend for himself over at that other forum." I just think that they are so pigheaded that they already think Jason is making this stuff up/villifying their investment choice, and since YOU, as an AU customer, have already had massive amounts of stress and frustration due to their business practices, why bother to go to that forum knowing that they will attack you, accuse you of lying/being another of Jason's incarnations/being stupid, and in the end just cause more stress and frustration?

IMHO, focusing on getting your refund, pressuring AU to produce the bonus materials, and notifying the media/potential AU customers of the situation would be a more constructive way to spend some time.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 14th 2002, 3:56 pm

GaryEA wrote:Folks, this is my honest opinion;

When I first heard about it, I was expecting a very very different place with a more professional tone. Instead, it's has been like wannabe shock jock convention. It's become a little more even, but not by much.

Same here Gary. I've likened my initial going there to a sidewalk picket in front of the store... albeit electronically... to get the notice of the stockholders and through them the attention of the company. It quickly became apparent that the stockholders didn't care. What's more, they resort to ad hominem attacks rather than reason.

I've stuck around because I figured at the very least some new potential investors deserved to see both the good and bad press for CMIH. I've since decided that no real investor actually goes to this place for stock info.

So I've decided that posting at the RB forum is one thing and one thing only. (Virgin ears and eyes may need to scroll past very quickly now.)

It's masturbation.

It's self-abuse, makes no one feel good except the person posting, lasts only a short while, and--in the end--produces nothing. :roll:

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 14th 2002, 5:06 pm

Excellent points from both candygirl and Howard.

I know why we would want to go there and stir up a virtual picket line in the hopes of catching the attention of a stock holder or nine who gives a damn, but like c-g said, linear logic like this does not apply, and the voices of genuine stock holders are almost never there.

Makes me wonder why the hell they have the board in the first place. Better yet, who moderates it? Never mind, I don't want to know...

Jason, please do not take my post as a call for everyone to "leave Jason in the wind and fend for yourself". It's not. I know your name and reputation has been maligned there, and that there is a need for you to continue to post there.

If I thought posting there would a bit of good, even a little, I'd be there, as well as focusing on the media. If it were a proper forum to speak, the effects of the customers would surely carry-over to those who own stock. I know if I was an investor, I'd want to know why the company is in the business of abusing customers with shady practices and is clearly headed for Chapter 11 unless something radical happens.

I'm not into being a suck-up or a kiss-ass, but Jason, you have earned my respect. If I could do something to change opinion there, I would.

Gary

p.s. Howard - your analogy is priceless, perfect, and damn disturbing all at the same time. Bravo.