Age of members on this forum

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.

Age of Forum members

10 - 14 years
No votes
15 - 20 years
15%
21 - 25 years
34%
26 - 30 years
25%
31 - 40 years
20%
41 - 50 years
5%
51 years and over
2%

Total votes: 61

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 12th 2002, 8:15 pm

lance wrote:So-called Loon, love that name by the way, in your closings you mention "smeg". Does this mean you are a Red Dwarf fan? I heard a rumour that Red Dwarf was coming out on DVD last August. Do you know if this is true?
I thought she was referring to that charming high school term "smegma."
Candygirl, nothing new, you still rock.
You rock my socks off.

:wink:

I mean, hey! Are you flirting with me?

:D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: 600!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 12th 2002, 8:19 pm

lance wrote:Candygirl,

Just noticed, I am occasionally slow, you reached 600 posts. Congrats! Today 600 posts, tomorrow the world!

Lance Man
Thanks! What's really embarrassing to admit is that I joined another forum two days before I joined the MSCL forum and I have over 5000 posts there. Brings new meaning to the phrase "if you can dream it, you can achieve it," eh? Seriously, sometimes I think I need to learn to control the verbal diarrhea that flows forth from my fingertips (although in my defense I'm a bitchin' multitasker!).

Will you be the Pinky to my Brain?

:lol:

Post by Guest » Nov 12th 2002, 10:48 pm

candygirl wrote:Are you using the term "hobbies" as a euphemism for sexual activities?!

Nah, I didn't think so!

Grand Theft Auto - Vice City! :wink:
Well, I was more thinking along the lines of programming my house, listening to music, etc.

Although this one time (not at band camp) my wife and I joined a condom research study. It was a study testing the difference between a new type of condom (the EZ-ON "lunch bag freak condom") versus the old standard. We were in the control group, so basically, we got paid $450 to do what were doing anyways. The only catch was that we had to keep a diary. Not wanting to appear lame in the eyes of the research center, we purposefully stayed up many a night to meet our self-imposed monthly quota. There's more funny stuff about that study, but I'll spare all yinz.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 13th 2002, 3:26 am

This forum has added about ten years to the estimated time of my degree completion -- shame on you all for creating another fascinating thread! :wink:

Guess I can't can't complain, though, since this is my two-hundredth post here (Winnie Wannabe -- yay me!). Candygirl, is there some kind of potion I can take for my digital incontinence? :oops:

Kenny, FYI, in the past there has been an intermittant bug on the forum that logs out people without their knowledge. If it keeps happening you might ask sab or Mike Glenn about it. They're usually pretty cool about fixing that sort of thing.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"who does number two work for?"

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 3:34 am

Woo hoo - congrats on your 200th post!

My professional opinion: take some castor oil. No, don't drink it! Open up your dictionary to any page, pour in the castor oil, slam that baby shut, and sleep with it under your pillow. Ancient Chinese secret, like Pearl Cream.

Once you get past that initial reluctance to, ahem, release your goods, you'll be surprised how quickly the subsequent ones flood out.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

You're gonna blow an O-ring!

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 13th 2002, 10:05 am

Thanks, C! I should also praise K-man, who passed the big Two-O-O the day before I did. In fact, everyone among the top ten posters here has two hundred plus posts -- pass the castor oil! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of eating, ever try one of those "powdered sumo wrestler" weight-gain shakes? I did. The same consistency as wet cement, with almost as much flavor! Yum! :(

Yes, I suppose us skinny folk are stuck with our low risk of heart disease and our streamlined abs; hard luck all around! :wink:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 13th 2002, 10:05 am

It was my fault.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Dec 10th 2005, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 13th 2002, 10:27 am

pgh_kenny wrote:
Nostradamus wrote: Kenny, FYI, in the past there has been an intermittant bug on the forum that logs out people without their knowledge. If it keeps happening you might ask sab or Mike Glenn about it. They're usually pretty cool about fixing that sort of thing.
Sadly, it is my fault. I'm a privacy freak, so I have a script that wipes out all of my temporary internet files (ms windows 98 keeps a secret copy of everywhere you have browsed that is evil and slows down your computer). I also delete cookies. therefore, i have to remember to login. the dvd forum forces me to login, but if i haven't been there then i end up forgetting. someday i will update the script to keep the cookies that are happy and delete all the bad ones.
I'm paranoid, so I take many of the same precautions, but even if you manually log in for each session, there are two things that can log you out. One of them is by design; an automated timer logs you out after sixty minutes of inactivity as a security measure for multi-user computers. The timer is reset by simply refreshing the page.

The other was a minor bug that sometimes prematurely logged out a user during an active session; it was fixed, but maybe the recent forum improvements shook it loose again. You can read about it here: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=860
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 13th 2002, 11:11 am

Wow, I guess I did join the 200-club. :D Wasn't even paying attention. Last night I felt like the alcoholic who repeatedly cirlces the liquor store as I was at the grocery store and I found myself passing the ice-cream freezer section about 15 times. I heard the "Chubby Hubby" calling out to me. "EAT ME" "EAT ME" "YOU KNOW YOU CAN"T RESIST!" "MUST HAVE ICE CREAM" But like any good recovering addict I ran far far away. :twisted:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 2:01 pm

Fine just ignore my post count <sob> :cry: , even if this one makes it 250 or in the dialect of my area TwoFitty.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 13th 2002, 3:16 pm

Fnordboy passes the 250 milestone!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Congratulations!!!!!! HOW ARE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 3:46 pm

K-man wrote:Fnordboy passes the 250 milestone!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Congratulations!!!!!! HOW ARE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There ya go!

Now i'm complete.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 4:00 pm

K-man wrote:Wow, I guess I did join the 200-club. :D Wasn't even paying attention. Last night I felt like the alcoholic who repeatedly cirlces the liquor store as I was at the grocery store and I found myself passing the ice-cream freezer section about 15 times. I heard the "Chubby Hubby" calling out to me. "EAT ME" "EAT ME" "YOU KNOW YOU CAN"T RESIST!" "MUST HAVE ICE CREAM" But like any good recovering addict I ran far far away. :twisted:
Congrats on passing the deuce mark K! And remember what they teach in rehab - every day is a gift. :wink:

Resist the Chubby Hubby urge so that you can live to post another 200!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 4:01 pm

fnordboy wrote:Fine just ignore my post count <sob> :cry: , even if this one makes it 250 or in the dialect of my area TwoFitty.
It was worth it just to have you mark it as TwoFitty.

Now conflagrations!

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 13th 2002, 4:48 pm

lance wrote:So-called Loon, love that name by the way, in your closings you mention "smeg". Does this mean you are a Red Dwarf fan? I heard a rumour that Red Dwarf was coming out on DVD last August. Do you know if this is true?
Yep. Very big Red Dwarf fan. I thought season 7 was a bit weak but bringing in Chlöe Annett, Kochanski, was a good idea. Got it back together for season 8! :D

I just visited http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/ and there was an annoying pop-up window, but it advertised that Series 1 is available on DVD for £14.99, whatever that comes to in $.

The Red Dwarf movie is coming along rather slowly. It's due out in winter 2003.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)