Has anyone who cancelled got a set of DVD's?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Has anyone who cancelled got a set of DVD's?

Post by kriddyboo » Nov 8th 2002, 1:03 pm

Has anyone who has cancelled (and received verbal confirmation from AU) received the set???

I cancelled and if those asses try and send me the set I will return it. If they think they can make me go away by sending the set, they are sadly mistaken.

So I was just curious ...

"It can't rain all the time"

Lietuva
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lietuva » Nov 8th 2002, 8:48 pm

my credit card company told me to refuse and dont sign for the package if au sends it to me even if i already cancelled it.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Nov 12th 2002, 2:59 am

Those total jackasses are sending me a set also! After I cancelled and disputed my charge! It continually amazes me how AU can stoop to new lows. They are going to eat the cost of shipping those DVDs.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 12th 2002, 3:54 am

I live in an apartment building, and all packages get delivered to the office and signed for there, while the residents get slips in their mailboxes saying "you have a package in the office." So how would I go about refusing delivery if I get a set sent to me? I have officially cancelled and recieved email confirmations to prove it, not to mention a verbal (phone) conversation with Wade. But just in case...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 12th 2002, 4:05 am

You can notify the complex manager about the situation and hope that they will be kind enough to look before they sign. Otherwise, you can always send the package back via UPS.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Nov 12th 2002, 6:49 am

Kristin wrote:I live in an apartment building, and all packages get delivered to the office and signed for there, while the residents get slips in their mailboxes saying "you have a package in the office." So how would I go about refusing delivery if I get a set sent to me? I have officially cancelled and recieved email confirmations to prove it, not to mention a verbal (phone) conversation with Wade. But just in case...
Kristin, I'm in the same boat. I get all packages delivered to my work address, but I'm on vacation! I love how I have to worry about this crap from AU when I'm on vacation. Anyways, I notified the receptionist to reject all packages from AU (I'm hoping the From: address does indeed say AU). Does anyone know if UPS will return packages that have been accepted? I'm not paying a single red cent to ship that thing back.

chnest1
Frozen Embryo

Post by chnest1 » Nov 13th 2002, 7:21 pm

If you've cancelled then, depending on your state's law, the shipment should be treated as a free gift:

http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/clahm/C ... erchandise

Unordered Merchandise
• General Business Law § 396(2)(a)

Where merchandise is sent although not ordered or requested by the consumer, the merchandise is deemed a gift which the consumer may use or dispose of without any obligation whatsoever. To avoid the consumer’s assumption that unordered goods must be paid for, New York law requires the goods to include a conspicuous notice stating that payment is not required. If the sender continues to send bills or demand payment, the consumer may sue for an injunction, costs and attorney fees.[2]

The FTC’s Negative Option Plan Rule[3] requires the consumer’s prior consent as a prerequisite to liability for subsequent shipments not separately and affirmatively ordered (see below). Also, New York Law prohibits the inclusion in retail installment agreements of any provision by which the “buyer consents to receive goods or services on a regular or irregular basis.”