Post in this thread if you got your DVDs and want to share.

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: The Gold Standard?

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 11th 2002, 7:44 pm

Nostradamus wrote:This is a bit off topic, but I've got a small question about the dvds and didn't want to start a new thread for it.

Looking at my set I noticed that discs one, two, and three have the standard issue silver foil coloration on the bottom side while discs four and five have gold foil. Now, this is the first multi disc set I've owned, so perhaps it's commonplace, but I'm wondering why there are two disc colors within the same set. As far as I know there is no difference in quality between the two; it just seems odd.

:?:
All of my discs are gold. I never would have thought to check if you hadn't said something about it. Weird?

:D

blue_moon_34
Nicky Driscoll

Post by blue_moon_34 » Nov 11th 2002, 9:39 pm

i'm so happy, i just received my discs today and i live in michigan. they're so beautiful. i want to watch them all right now but i have a paper to write. i'm going to get all my friends together and we'll hopfully watch them all over the course of this coming weekend but...i don't think i'll be able to wait that long.

congrats to everyone that has received theirs and i'm praying for all of you who haven't received them. now we just need to get the bonus stuff and most importantly the money from are double charges back.

bluemmsrule
Tino

OH HAPPY DAY!

Post by bluemmsrule » Nov 11th 2002, 11:01 pm

I got mine today. :D I was so worried after it took until yesterday for them to move from CA to SC. Like most other people, I am not at home during the day.....I work. But, way back in Feb, when I ordered, I had the foresight to have my DVDs shipped to my parents house. As luck would have it, my dad was home sick from work to sign for my beloved DVDs.This is going to be a great weekend......if I can wait that long! :shock:

Scully
Frozen Embryo

put this in your pipe and smoke it

Post by Scully » Nov 12th 2002, 1:51 am

Well, I got mine today too, on my birthday. What a great present. They were delivered to my mom's house, so I won't actually get to see them until I go home from Christmas break. I ordered originally in early March and was double charged in August. Visa credited me in September for the recharge, and then I cancelled completely in October when it came out that we wouldn't get the lunchbox and bonus disc. Ross e-mailed me on the 9th of October saying that my refund was being processed. So you can see why I was surprised I got them. I never received any e-mails from AU about them shipping out, and I never got a tracking number. I don't know what to do, I am still pissed about being jerked around forever about this, and you CAN get the set for 45 dollars from deep discount. I don't even care about the lunchbox anymore. Should I send the dvds back and try to get a refund? I'm scared if I do that, I'll never see a refund. Arg.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

I'm in MSCL bliss

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Nov 12th 2002, 4:45 am

I ordered the DVDs back in March, thankfully was never double-charged or triple-charged, and received the e-mails that AU sent. I received my tracking number early last week and UPS came by on Friday to drop them off but no one was here. The notice said UPS would be back on Monday between 2 and 5 p.m. so I split my work day so I could be home for the delivery, which did indeed show up.

I unwrapped each DVD to make sure the correct discs were in the cases, and I'm hoping to kick off a mini-vacation from work tomorrow with an MSCL marathon or at least a mini-marathon. While I recently watched my tapes of MSCL around the time that AU first started taking orders for the DVDs, I am so looking forward to seeing these episodes without having to fast-forward through commercials or dealing with worn-out videotape.

Now I'm hoping all of you who have had problems with your credit cards will see what's coming to you, that those of you in the second wave of shipments or the tail end of the first wave get your DVDs soon, and that the bonus disc and lunchbox actually show up next month. That would be a Merry Xmas indeed!
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 12th 2002, 12:00 pm

Not to rub it in to those poor souls who haven't; but I got mine last night. The UPS guy let my neighbor sign for them. FYI: I did leave a signed note O.K.'ing her to do so and I guess that sufficed.
NOTE TO SELF: Buy DVD player on way home from work tonight!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 12th 2002, 4:33 pm

Oh beautiful day. I got my DVD's. They are waiting on the porch right now at my parent's house. Soon my Mom will go home and grab them for me. And then I will go home and have them in my little hands. And I will watch them. It will be truely awesome. I can't wait. I will not be going home for a week, I think I will go crazy waiting. I might have to make a special trip to pick them up. I don't think I can wait nother week. I might just have to get in the car and drive down. I mean it is only an hour. :P

Let's see if I can make it. I bet I don't.

I hope you all get yours soon. Good luck. And remember it is not over yet.

I WANT MY LUNCH BOX AND BONUS DISC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Nov 12th 2002, 4:51 pm

Today has brought so many good things for the dork in me. Lord Of The Rings Special Extended Edition DVD. :o Star Wars for $10. :) The new Pearl Jam album. :D But coming home and hearing the doorbell ring, running like a little kid to get it, and seeing Mr. UPS Man in all his brown glory, well... I am friggin' ecstatic!! :shock: :D

Yes, the East Coast is representin', DVDs in hand. Too bad I gotta go shave my friends head and won't have time to inspect, er, I mean, watch my DVDs.

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

DiForYou
Frozen Embryo

va

Post by DiForYou » Nov 12th 2002, 5:51 pm

Got mine today!

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 12th 2002, 8:15 pm

I got mine yesterday (VERY happy to see UPS ships on holidays!) and today I got my Once and Again first season set from amazon.ca, so all in all, I have an incredble week of DVD watching to look forward to this week! :D

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 12th 2002, 9:47 pm

I cancelled, but I still got the DVDs. Now thinking if I should risk buying a set from the store next Tuesday and trying to send back the Au set for my money.

I was disappointed the DVDs weren't in a fold-out slipcase. I already have no room in my DVD drawer. Guess I'll have to buy some...DVD...
...contraption...or something.

Still have complete Sports Night set, 3 movies and a concert DVD to watch before I can dig into this. Yes, I am anal, thank you.

Please don't be so over-joyed that you forget about the $ that AU probably still owes you.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Calhoun07
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Calhoun07 » Nov 12th 2002, 11:56 pm

dTheater wrote:I cancelled, but I still got the DVDs. Now thinking if I should risk buying a set from the store next Tuesday and trying to send back the Au set for my money.

I was disappointed the DVDs weren't in a fold-out slipcase. I already have no room in my DVD drawer. Guess I'll have to buy some...DVD...
...contraption...or something.

Still have complete Sports Night set, 3 movies and a concert DVD to watch before I can dig into this. Yes, I am anal, thank you.

Please don't be so over-joyed that you forget about the $ that AU probably still owes you.
Have you gotten your credit for your preorder yet from AU? If not, I would not send the set back. Knowing them, they will never refund it. Tell them they can have their set back after you get your refund.

I was delighted they were not in a fold out slip case. Personally, I am a tad tired of those. You break one hub in the set and you have to replace the entire set, where as you break one in the My So Called Life set or the Once and Again set (my personal favorite season set packaging todate) all you have to replace is the keeper case, and that's no big deal. I break a hub on X Files season one a couple years down the road, and I am just screwed. They look cool and all, but for practicality sake, they are a pain in the rear.

And I do wonder if AU hopes people just forget what they were promised for the bonus materials? They probably just want us to be quiet and go away.

nester
Tino

Post by nester » Nov 13th 2002, 1:03 am

Got my set today. w0000 h00000!!

RichD
Tino

Post by RichD » Nov 13th 2002, 2:00 pm

Chiming in - got my set yesterday (in South Jersey).

Let the comedy called "Getting the Extras" now BEGIN! :wink:

~ Rich

Neptin
Tino

Got mine!

Post by Neptin » Nov 13th 2002, 3:12 pm

I got it! I would have gotten it yesterday but AnotherUniverse didnt change my shipping address liek they said they did. Woops. But I got it! YAY!