Post in this thread if you got your DVDs and want to share.

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post in this thread if you got your DVDs and want to share.

Post by Jason R » Nov 8th 2002, 2:45 pm

Posting this due to demand. Please try to limit your proclamations of shock/astonishment/joy to this thread.

gizmodvdx
Nicky Driscoll

Post by gizmodvdx » Nov 8th 2002, 7:48 pm

...you couldn't have stickied my thread I started yesterday about this?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 8th 2002, 9:48 pm

I received the full set of My So-Called Life DVDs a few moments ago.

Thanks.

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

tapdncr
Frozen Embryo

DVDs from AU came today! :)

Post by tapdncr » Nov 9th 2002, 12:56 am

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that despite a doublecharge and all of the bogus release dates, I stuck it out with AU and thd DVD's were delivered to my door today!

I am enjoying them as I write this and thought I could give everyone who ordered from AU some hope!

The full set will come. However, it was disappointing not to receive anything extra from AU, Not an apology letter or a discount coupon or any bonus materials.
--but when would we ever expect anything extra from AU--I should have known better.
/Mindy

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

The Gold Standard?

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 10th 2002, 5:00 am

This is a bit off topic, but I've got a small question about the dvds and didn't want to start a new thread for it.

Looking at my set I noticed that discs one, two, and three have the standard issue silver foil coloration on the bottom side while discs four and five have gold foil. Now, this is the first multi disc set I've owned, so perhaps it's commonplace, but I'm wondering why there are two disc colors within the same set. As far as I know there is no difference in quality between the two; it just seems odd.

:?:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

ingramje
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ingramje » Nov 11th 2002, 10:02 am

I finally received my DVD box set on Firday, but not until after going through a battle with UPS. Apparently AU sent the sets requesting that the person receiving them had to sign for them. UPS disregarded the note that I had left on my door saying to leave them with a neighbor and left leaving a note saying reattempting delivery 11/11. I called UPS to explain that I wasn't at home Friday and that I would not be at home Monday because I worked. If anyone else has this problem, you might want to call UPS (1-800-PICK-UPS) and have them reschedule delivery for after you get home that day. From what I was told, they will deliver untill 7 pm. I received mine Friday at 6:40. Thank GOD this fiasco is almost over! At least until I receive the bonus disc, lunchbox and whatever else the a**holes at AU plan to send.

oppsie
Tino

Post by oppsie » Nov 11th 2002, 11:58 am

i just got mine from the ups guy. for reference, i ordered right away in february (not sure what day, but my email receipt arrived 2/14). i'll check them out later today most likely.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Post in this thread if you got your DVDs and want to sha

Post by vapspwi » Nov 11th 2002, 3:25 pm

Apparently my DVDs have been near my house in Fayetteville, GA (south of Atlanta). I wasn't home to sign for them, but UPS left me a note, so hopefully I'll have 'em in the next day or two. (Hopefully they'll accept a note as a signature, since I'm going out of town for work for the next couple of days.)

I never received a tracking number or anything from AU, the discs just showed up at my house.

So, there's another data point.

JRjr

ingramje
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ingramje » Nov 11th 2002, 4:07 pm

I'm afraid that a note didn't work in my case. The UPS guy pointed out that the recipients signature MUST BE obtained IN PERSON. AU also put that on the address label to not release the package without a signature in person. Good Luck!

allie
Frozen Embryo

Post by allie » Nov 11th 2002, 4:40 pm

I just got mine early this afternoon and I live outside of Allentown, PA. I almost kissed the UPS guy! I was SO glad that they came on a previously scheduled vacation day (I took the day off to do my final paper for my class that is due tonite) and now I can celebrate by watching the DVD's this weekend (well, I snuck in episode 1 this afternoon and it was AWESOME!).

Good luck fellow east coasters!
...and dance by the light of the moon.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 11th 2002, 4:41 pm

I know that I mentioned this in another thread, but no one signed for my UPS package. I was out of town and my boyfriend wasn't home, but the box was sitting there waiting for us.

Like I said, I think it really depends on your neighborhood driver.

Who is lazier - the delivery person who decides to just leave a package without obtaining a signature so that he or she doesn't have to come back the next day OR the delivery person who leaves a post-it note saying to pick it up from the UPS center (which is what happens at my friend's apartment) so that again he or she doesn't have to come back?

Yippee
Frozen Embryo

Got 'em

Post by Yippee » Nov 11th 2002, 5:19 pm

Ordered in June. Shipped one week ago from California, arrived at my doorstep in Birmingham, AL today.

Now just waiting on the bonus disc and (fingers crossed) lunchbox.

-wk

janita
Nicky Driscoll

post in this thread if you got your dvds and want to share

Post by janita » Nov 11th 2002, 5:54 pm

I received my dvd set on Friday - just as the online UPS tracking info said. Based on what I'd been reading in this forum I was afraid that they were sent requiring signature, so I left a note on my door referencing my tracking number and authorizing them to leave it on my porch without my signature. This worked fine for me and when I got home my note was gone off the door and the package was on the porch. I've spent the weekend watching them. I'm mid-way through the next to the last dvd and have not seen any problems whatsoever. It's been ages since I saw them and lately I have to admit to wondering a time or two if all that we've gone through was worth it - was the show THAT wonderful? Well - I'm happy to say my fears were unfounded - the show is just as good as I remembered - maybe better. I'm so happy to finally have the set. Now if my overcharge would just get corrected.....

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 11th 2002, 5:57 pm

I got mine today too, though i havent seen them yet being that i am stuck at work! :evil:

Hopefully they work

JodyK
Nicky Driscoll

My box should be coming tomorrow!

Post by JodyK » Nov 11th 2002, 6:59 pm

I ordered in June. I got home today to see my note from the UPS man saying he will deliver a box from Another Universe tomorrow. I am so happy!!! (I too was doublecharged, but AU credited the money owed to me plus the $75 extra the bank charged me from bouncing checks.)

This has been a hassle, but having MS-CL on DVD is worth it.