A quintessential Angela-Jordan moment

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
LilmizRENTHEAD
Nicky Driscoll

Post by LilmizRENTHEAD » Nov 9th 2002, 6:17 pm

I agree.

But Jordan is STILL a dork.
Yeah, later...MUCH.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 10th 2002, 4:50 am

I have a question which is a bit off this topic and will probably seem pretty odd:

At a few places in the series there are groups of people jumping out of cars, such as at Let's Bolt when Jordan and gang hop out and he says, "Hey, i know that girl."

Is there some reason we know that none of the people in that situation or a few others like it (e.g. After falling in the mud Angela is sitting by Jordan on the couch. Group of guys come in and one says something like "Jordan, this bites. Lets go...") are NOT Tino??
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 10th 2002, 5:15 am

SCL: I like your theory; it's a good thing to watch for when we all review the series on our dvds. :)
(e.g. After falling in the mud Angela is sitting by Jordan on the couch. Group of guys come in and one says something like "Jordan, this bites. Lets go...")
Hmm... methinks it strange that Tino would depart in the middle of a raging party at his own house. Wouldn't he have been the one to initiate the party? And wouldn't he have been concerned about the drunken revelers ruining the place in his absence? Come to think of it, that looked like a rather upscale house for that kind of party!

Then again, I haven't been to many raves in my life, and I certainly never hosted one, so maybe I don't what I'm talking about. :roll:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 10th 2002, 11:48 pm

Quite true that Tino wouldn't likely leave his own party. But i haven't finished watching the series again yet i seem to remember more than one scene where groups of guys get out of cars.

Just thought we might have seen the elusive tino without knowing it. :)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 11th 2002, 7:50 am

So-Called Loon wrote:Quite true that Tino wouldn't likely leave his own party. But i haven't finished watching the series again yet i seem to remember more than one scene where groups of guys get out of cars.

Just thought we might have seen the elusive tino without knowing it. :)
Oh, definitely worth looking for. Don't forget to keep an eye out for the Chase cat, too! :D

While I'm thinking of that party at Tino's, did Rayanne show up there? I thought I saw her drinking in the crowd, but with the strobe lights and commotion it was hard to be sure. Was Angela trying to get to her when she was knocked into the mud?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Nov 11th 2002, 1:29 pm

So-Called Loon wrote: Is there some reason we know that none of the people in that situation or a few others like it (e.g. After falling in the mud Angela is sitting by Jordan on the couch. Group of guys come in and one says something like "Jordan, this bites. Lets go...") are NOT Tino??
Wasn't that Tino's party? Why would they leave?

Yeah, I think Angela was trying to get to Rayanne when she fell in the mud.
And the Tino-thing. I don't think there's any chance he's in the series. Wasn't that the whole point, for him not being there? But it's cool to see how many anonymous guys are in the show playing Jordans friends.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 11th 2002, 1:42 pm

So-Called Loon wrote:Is there some reason we know that none of the people in that situation or a few others like it (e.g. After falling in the mud Angela is sitting by Jordan on the couch. Group of guys come in and one says something like "Jordan, this bites. Lets go...") are NOT Tino??
The creators of MSCL mentioned in an interview many years ago (can't find it right now) that those references to Tino were indeed meant as a running gag / inside joke. Tino was never seen in an episode.

In fact, even the shooting script for the final episode ends with a reference to Tino:
(CONTINUED)
46 CONTINUED: 46

Jordan reaches out, pulls her close. She looks up into his face...

JORDAN
Come on. Let's go.
(she hesitates, and)
Don't worry. Your mom said it's
okay.

Before she can even formulate a response, he starts off towards his car, pulling Angela by the hand.

JORDAN (cont'd)
(over his shoulder) See ya, Brain.

BRIAN
(very quietly) See ya.

Jordan and Angela arrive at his car. Jordan opens the door. Angela steals one last look to

BRIAN

Before she disappears into the car. Jordan gets in after her. And they drive off. To look for Tino.

FADE OUT

THE END

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 12th 2002, 6:42 am

:)
Ah. Those posts were a relief. I kept hoping we never would see Tino.

Would have been an anticlimax, i'm sure!