UPS billing information received?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jewel
Tino

UPS billing information received?

Post by Jewel » Nov 8th 2002, 5:29 pm

For those of you who have received UPS tracking numbers, how many of you have noticed that your package hasn't moved (or possibly even isn't on a truck yet)? I received my tracking number on Monday, but ever since then it just states billing information received.

What does that mean???? AU hasn't actually SENT it yet, or is this a problem with UPS?

I tried calling AU today, but no answered (I'm not surprised). I did think they would get tired of hearing the phone ring, considering I hit redial for over an hour this morning.

I emailed Ross about this, but I'm not expecting a response.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 8th 2002, 5:32 pm

Well i don't think mine is a problem but i am a bit concerned about it. The last entry i have in my Tracking on UPS is:

Nov 5, 2002 2:56 A.M. RICHMOND, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Now i am in NJ so maybe it is still on the road, but i just wish the Detailed View was a tad bit more detailed.

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Nov 8th 2002, 5:39 pm

At least you got a tracking number. I'm still waiting for an email. :(
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 8th 2002, 5:43 pm

Have you tried calling UPS? (Unlike AU, UPS actually answers the phone!) Sometimes talking to a customer representative can be more helpful than tracking it online.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Nov 8th 2002, 5:49 pm

Denie wrote:Have you tried calling UPS? (Unlike AU, UPS actually answers the phone!) Sometimes talking to a customer representative can be more helpful than tracking it online.
Hmm. Never thought of that. Can they help me if I don't know my tracking number, or if it's even been shipped?

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 8th 2002, 5:59 pm

TessD1891 wrote: Can they help me if I don't know my tracking number, or if it's even been shipped?
Umm, I don't think so. But you might try calling the Psychic Network. Or Miss Cleo, if she is still around!
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Nov 8th 2002, 6:01 pm

Didn't think so. :cry:

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 8th 2002, 6:20 pm

I had this problem too. I e-mailed mike. I simply replied to the e-mail I got with the tracking numbet. Basically it is lost. I complained and supposedly Mike sent out a new one with one day shipping.

Godd luck. Let's hope we both get our soon. :P
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

Obsessive compulsive tracking

Post by neppie » Nov 8th 2002, 6:41 pm

I'm anxiously awaiting my set to arrive SOMEWHERE after leaving Richmond, CA November 6th. I've been obsessive-compulsively monitoring my tracking information several times a day. :roll:

I'm beginning to suspect they put it on a boat to ship across the Pacific, around the world and back to the East Coast. UPS guarantees 5 day (not including weekends) delivery for ground shipments though -- so I should still get them early next week.

Unless my package ends up stranded on an island with Tom Hanks :shock:

Jewel
Tino

Post by Jewel » Nov 8th 2002, 7:56 pm

I called UPS. AU has either not sent off my package at all OR it's essentially lost in the mail. If that's the case, then I am to contact AU (oh, yeah, that'll work) and then they contact UPS (yeah right) to put a tracer on my package.

So I'm screwed. I will never get my package in the mail, plain and simple. God, this has been a bad day...

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 8th 2002, 8:02 pm

I am UNBELIEVABLY glad I cancelled with AU and am not actually waiting for them to send me this thing. Man. It's bad enough that I'm waiting on a refund, which I will never get from them, at least. I just cannot see believing AU delivering this thing without screwing up something else - and it looks like I was right.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

Jewel

Post by neppie » Nov 8th 2002, 8:30 pm

After catching up on other theads I now believe your DVD's were reclaimed and sent overnight to the lawyer who threatened legal action against AU. :?
Jewel wrote:I called UPS. AU has either not sent off my package at all OR it's essentially lost in the mail. If that's the case, then I am to contact AU (oh, yeah, that'll work) and then they contact UPS (yeah right) to put a tracer on my package. ...
If you have a tracking # you should be able to contact UPS directly. Be sure you are refreshing (reloading) your browser if you have your tracking information bookmarked -- otherwise it reads cached info from your HD (you can tell by the timestamp below the tracking info).

PS/Just checked again and my package has arrived in Illinois (en route to Atlanta). I hope it doesn't arrive covered in corn dust.

Michele
Tino

Post by Michele » Nov 8th 2002, 8:44 pm

Wait, I'm a little confused now.....I got a tracking number and when I check it, it says "billing information received" like many of you. I thought that meant my package just hasn't left AU yet, but it would be soon. Then I read that it may mean that it's lost?? I hope that's not the case because I'm about to lose it! I'm so sick of waiting, and when I got that tracking number I had a little hope. It's been like 4 days since then and nothing has changed, the package apparently hasn't moved. I feel like I almost finally had the set on its way to me and now it's just a big tease!!! I go to the UPS site and track it a few times a day. I just want my set and not have to deal any of this anymore! :x

Jewel
Tino

Post by Jewel » Nov 8th 2002, 10:46 pm

I'm right there with you! According to UPS, IF AU CLAIMS that they sent the package (which UPS said they more than likely haven't) then it's lost in the system somewhere. However, I believe it simply means AU never sent it.

I am not a part of Wave 2; however, with the information that is appearing on this board, I'm wondering if my DVD didn't go elsewhere (to someone who had more powerful complaints than I did), and now they have nothing to send me until Wave 2... I'm really trying to be optimistic here.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 9th 2002, 12:59 pm

This post literally almost made me cry. This is too much. My package seems to be lost, as well. The last entry is in Richmond, and there have been no new ones since the 6th. I am dreading calling UPS to find out that my package is lost (or given to someone else who threatened legal action) and I'm not going to get it. I can't take this anymore.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."