refresher course

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

refresher course

Post by StrawberryGirl » Nov 8th 2002, 11:16 am

I just got my dvd's, and I feel like I've just gotten a refresher course on how much I love this show. I hadn't seen it for 5 years, and there were so many things I'd forgotten. Like it the first episode, right after she sees her dad on the street with that other lady- how meaningful it seemed when she said "these aren't my shoes". Actually, how meaningful it was when she said ANYTHING. The writers had this way of making every bit of dialogue just so RIGHT.

And by the way, I'm so ADULT now. I actually WATCH the Patty and Graham scenes (I used to fast forward right past them) and I actually *somewhat* get it. That's a little depressing. :wink:

I watched the first three epidsodes with my husband. I've got to slowly get him trapped in the MSCL web. It's going well- I think he's almost hooked! :)
Last edited by StrawberryGirl on Nov 8th 2002, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 8th 2002, 12:56 pm

I know what you mean. I had like a 3 1/2 year hiatus between viewings. It was way cool to see all those memorable scenes and hear all those famous lines again and even cooler to see/hear all the one's I had forgotten.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 8th 2002, 1:49 pm

K-man wrote:I know what you mean. I had like a 3 1/2 year hiatus between viewings. It was way cool to see all those memorable scenes and hear all those famous lines again and even cooler to see/hear all the one's I had forgotten.
I havent seen it in about 7 to 8 years. I watched its initial run and when i started dating my girl (8 years this Jan.) i watched her tapes a few times. So i am really looking forward to experiencing it like new again once the set comes.

Maagic
Tino

Post by Maagic » Nov 14th 2002, 11:23 pm

Ditto to what everyone else said... it was like hearing a song on the radio that you haven't heard in a long time and the lyrics slowly come back to you...

"You are so beautiful it hurts to look at you"

"School is a battlefield... for your heart"

"My breasts have grown between us"

I LOVE IT :)
"Dear Angela... I know in the past I've caused you pain, and I'm sorry. And I'll
always be sorry, 'til the day I die..."