Amazon shipping date nov 10

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Not so fast...

Post by fnordboy » Nov 5th 2002, 9:39 pm

lance wrote:Au contraire moviezzz, (Martin did I get the spelling correct here?)

I and my buds have ordered hundreds of DVDs from Amazon. In our collective experience the date that Amazon sends you is the date the item should arrive by, generally by the latest.
You missed the keyword..."pre-ordered". Pre-orders are different than the in stock items. Usually you will receive the disc a couple of days before the real release day or on that day.

I don't know how amazon's system works but they liek to magickally jump ship dates around, especially on pre-orders. So go by the given release date for everywhere else and expect it slightly before that date.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 5th 2002, 9:47 pm

Fnordboy,

Thanks for the information. Here is hoping they ship earlier, rather than later.

Lance Man

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 5th 2002, 11:17 pm

hmmm i'm still not sure if i should get 2 day shipping...i might have to get it...because i want my set by the 26th. i think i'll email amazon about my shipping date...

<sits and waits till her dvd comes>

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 6th 2002, 12:19 pm

I guess i'm getting my set REALLY soon...here's part of the email i got back from amazon!!!

Regarding your current purchase, I’ve checked your order (#XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX), and I can confirm that we still expect to ship it
by the date listed in Your Account: November 10, 2002.

The estimated date of shipment was calculated at the time you placed
your order and is based on the proximity of inventory to the delivery
address you provided, as well as how quickly we can obtain and
assemble items for shipment.

We will send you an e-mail at the time of shipment. Please contact
us again if you do not receive a shipment confirmation by November
11, 2002.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 6th 2002, 12:36 pm

Hasn't anyone else here realized that the emails from amazon are form emails. Everyone says exactly the same thing except for the personalization.

"We have looked into your order (<insert order number here>) and we can confirm...blah blah."

Just by the reading it you should know that, but now with so many people copying and pasting their emails here it blatantly obvious.

And they clearly arent checking into your actual questions, otherwise there still wouldnt be so many varying answers.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 6th 2002, 12:39 pm

yeah i know that they wouldnt formally write the email...it's obvious it's a mass email...that would take a ton of time to individually write out every email...but it is a little different from the other girl's although still a mass email...and i'm glad that they say it should beshipping the day it said...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 6th 2002, 12:46 pm

north_Star98 wrote:...and i'm glad that they say it should beshipping the day it said...
I don't think they will ship that early. Your best bet is to contact either Ventura and/or BMG and see where the DVDs are or who has them and what is the official release date.

Amazon still says that it is being released on the 19th, you can see it on the DVD New and Future release page. My feeling is they never bothered to update the shipping info for the individual customers.

Hopefully i am wrong, but i wouldnt expect the set till the earliest the 16th. And that is just going by prior pre-order experience.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 6th 2002, 12:50 pm

yeah i've never pre-ordered from amazon...although i'm planning to when i buy the new matchbox twenty cd!! but i figure that i should get it by the 19th or the 20th since i chose free shipping (5-9business days). it does say on my order that it's based upon how close i am to the inventory place...and i guess i must be pretty close since they gave me the nov 12 estimate delivery date...which i don't know seems slightly unrealistic. but if i add the 5 business days onto it...i should be getting the set by the 15th at hte earliest...i'm hoping that i'll get my set by the end of next week or by the 19th :)

onesweetgirl
Frozen Embryo

Post by onesweetgirl » Nov 6th 2002, 7:36 pm

I ordered from Amazon on Oct 12th and they gave me an estimated delivery date of Nov 7th. I wrote an email to customer service asking if this was indeed correct and they wrote me back saying that the DVD's will not be released until the 19th and she apolgized for the confusion.
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 6th 2002, 7:59 pm

hmmm then i should expect it to be delivered by the 19th or after that...i want to know so that i can decide if i want 2 day shipping or not...maybe i should see if they respond with something different if i email them...

i cant' wait either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Nov 7th 2002, 11:55 am

My order shows a ship date of the 11th also, so I just wrote in and this was the response:

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the shipping estimate for
your order. "My So-Called Life" has not yet shipped because it has
not yet been released. As listed on our site, it is currently
scheduled to be released in November 19, 2002.

As soon as the item has been released, we'll be able to ship it to
you. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items
until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged for
this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.