New Email from AU on Shipping

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Nov 5th 2002, 10:23 pm

I just received an email from Mike at AU. It referenced my name and order number and then said this:

Another Universe has begun shipping the My So-Called Life Boxed Sets.
The lunchbox, bonus disk and any other merchandise being sent to you will ship separately. Thank you for your order and patience and we hope you enjoy the series.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 5th 2002, 10:24 pm

Did they give you a tracking number?
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Nov 5th 2002, 10:26 pm

Yes - I forgot to say that it did give me a UPS tracking number!!!

janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Nov 5th 2002, 11:01 pm

I just went to the UPS site and plugged in my tracking number - it is a valid number and has a delivery date of 11-08-02 - Friday!!!

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 5th 2002, 11:02 pm

I got one too. I also checked the tracking number at theUPS site. And I think AU screwed up again. It appears I am getting two packages. Though I only ordered one. I was double charged, but unlike most of you I was credited. Well maybe I am reading something wrong. Though It clearly shows two tracking numbers and says two packages. Very strange.

Anyone else run into the same thing? Well I will have to wait and see if I really get two copies.

Maybe I will end up with one free set. :P

I can't wait to tear open that package and do an all night marathon. I can clearly see the finish line, and boy did this race make me tired and very very mad. The end is near. Except for the matter of the lunch box and bonus disc of course.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

neal
Jody Barsh

got my tracking number...

Post by neal » Nov 5th 2002, 11:03 pm

I got an email too. The tracking number actually verified the package but I didnt get an estimate of arrival. But this is great news!!! Can't wait for my discs!

To: <MYEMAILADDRESS>
Cc:
Subject: Anotheruniverse.com Order # XXXXXXX
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:17:03 -0800

MY NAME
Order #XXXXXXXX

Another Universe has begun shipping the My So-Called Life Boxed Sets.
The lunchbox, bonus disk and any other merchandise being sent to you
will ship separately. Thank you for your order and patience and we hope
you enjoy the series.
-------------------------------------------------------
Your UPS Tracking Number is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To use this number go to http://www.ups.com
No one should hate... who they are.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 5th 2002, 11:07 pm

i got one too. i now 75% believe i am getting this set within the very near future. I wont believe it till it is in my hands.

janita
Nicky Driscoll

Post by janita » Nov 5th 2002, 11:09 pm

Heater - I went back and looked at the tracking info again on UPS for my order and mine has 2 packages also. I just have one order out there ( and one overcharge - sigh) so don't know what that means.

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Nov 5th 2002, 11:11 pm

I have no hopes that I will get an email with a tracking number, as I have not gotten any recent emails from AU that others have posted here. And seeing as the phones are not being answered, I think I will just have to wait and see if they come. Although I do wish there were some way to go to the UPS site and track a package with my name and info, instead of a tracking number. Anyone know if this is at all possible?
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

Woo hoo!!!!

Post by neppie » Nov 5th 2002, 11:11 pm

I got one also, with UPS tracking # !!!!

Denie
Between Names

Re: New Email from AU on Shipping

Post by Denie » Nov 5th 2002, 11:15 pm

janita wrote:Heater - I went back and looked at the tracking info again on UPS for my order and mine has 2 packages also. I just have one order out there ( and one overcharge - sigh) so don't know what that means.
Maybe the 2nd package is the "extras" Ross promised to send customers because of all the problems.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 5th 2002, 11:18 pm

I feel so left out, I haven't gotten an email from them yet

=[

But hey, as long as I get the damn DVDs at all. I mean, as aggravating as this whole thing has been, I don't think I will actually believe that we got the full season put on DVD, even when it's in my hands. I am just psyched to get them, and psyched that they exist.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 5th 2002, 11:20 pm

that's awesome! i'm just glad that i'm getting my set from amazon not too much longer than au. i remember the reason i hung onto au was first cuz of the bonus disc/lunchbox...and then i let go of that...and then the major thing that was keeping me with au before was the earlier shipping date...but since they're pretty much the same (i'm supposedly getting mine either nov 12 or 19th) then it's not too much later. tell us how the sets are when you get them! :)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: New Email from AU on Shipping

Post by fnordboy » Nov 5th 2002, 11:27 pm

janita wrote:Heater - I went back and looked at the tracking info again on UPS for my order and mine has 2 packages also. I just have one order out there ( and one overcharge - sigh) so don't know what that means.
Sucky part is you cant even eBay it and make a profit..

When AU screws you over..they SCREW you over

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 5th 2002, 11:29 pm

As far as my second package being the extras we were promised. Yeah right! As if. I bet they just screwed up and sent me two. But I will still keep my fingers crossed. Although the so-called extras should fit in the same box with the DVD's. We shall see very soon.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna