Amazon shipping date nov 10

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 30th 2002, 11:17 pm

Jessica Popsicles wrote:The people with dates like the 10th and 07th to be shipped from Amazon.. well your estimated date probably hasn't been updated. I don't think that they update them. It usually just sticks with the date that they originally gave in the order confirmation.
i dont' know...my shipping date has changed...because before it said nov 18 or something....andnow it says nov 10...so confused!

Eliott
Tino

Post by Eliott » Oct 31st 2002, 1:17 am

FYI, my Amazon info:

Order Placed: October 11, 2002 at 11:10 PM PDT Order Total: $55.74

Shipping estimate: November 10
Delivery estimate: November 11

This makes me quite happy :D

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Confusing huh?

Post by lance » Oct 31st 2002, 8:35 pm

Hi,

Like Kristin I have also ordered two day shipping. The last e-mail I got said that Amazon (U.S) would be shipping my set to me on the 19th. I do remember Denie you saying that you had received notice that Amazon would ship on November 5th? I certainly hope this is the case. I would certainly love to get my on November 7th, but if not I will just have to console myself with Babylon 5: 1st Season Box set until my MSCL DVDs arrive :D .

Dtheater, ouch! I hope you get your DVDs waaay before December. I love your avatar by the way. Hard to take you serious when I am laughing at the kid's many faces :D

GaryEA (hope I got your name right) welcome to the crazyiness that is this forum. You will find many nice, eccentric individuals here so enjoy!

Lance Man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 1st 2002, 12:57 am

GaryEA (hope I got your name right) welcome to the crazyiness that is this forum. You will find many nice, eccentric individuals here so enjoy!
Hi Lance. You've got my name just fine and I thank you for the welcome. :)

I'm already having a great time here, and I'm looking forward to exploring all of the forums when I get more and more time.

Take care,
Gary

Denie
Between Names

Re: Confusing huh?

Post by Denie » Nov 1st 2002, 2:24 am

Yeah, as of today my Amazon order is still showing a delivery date of November 7 (with 2-day shipping). I e-mailed them about it and they replied back that I really am supposed to receive my order on Nov 7. I don't see how that could happen since the release date is not until the 19th. Personally I think Amazon made a mistake. But hey, who am I to complain if I get the DVDs early? :D
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 1st 2002, 9:00 pm

Shipping estimate: November 22, 2002
Delivery estimate: December 9, 2002 - December 18, 2002

ok i still haven't cancelled from AU i am hoping they will deliver soon and then i'll cancel amazon :)
i still have faith!!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 2nd 2002, 4:08 pm

It seems like the later you order it, the later you're gonna get it.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 3rd 2002, 3:35 pm

yeah i was just noticing that....the later you order the later you get the set. because i ordered mine on oct 12...and it's supposed to ship on nov 10 and get to me on nov 12...

and then another girl...she ordered oct 11...and hers is shipping out nov 10...arriving nov 11. so....i think that's the trend

when did everyone else place their orders?

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 3rd 2002, 4:12 pm

north_Star98 wrote:yeah i was just noticing that....the later you order the later you get the set. because i ordered mine on oct 12...and it's supposed to ship on nov 10 and get to me on nov 12...

and then another girl...she ordered oct 11...and hers is shipping out nov 10...arriving nov 11. so....i think that's the trend

when did everyone else place their orders?
I ordered mine on October 12th too - the shipping estimate is Nov 5.
Personally, I think that might be a mistake, but I remain ever hopeful! :D
I will check my order status again on Tuesday and post here whether or not it's been shipped.

I'm a bit surprised by all these different shipping dates. Amazon is usually better at this sort of thing. Has anyone else e-mailed them?
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 3rd 2002, 9:53 pm

Amazon.com
---------------
Order Date: Oct 13
Shipping: Nov 10
Delivery: Nov 13

10 days and counting, yippee!

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 3rd 2002, 11:06 pm

Order date October 11, 2002
Items not yet shipped:
Shipping estimate: November 20
Delivery estimate: November 22
* 1 of: My So-Called Life

I really don't think they're shipping until around the 19th. That's the release date that's been just about every site except for Amazon who had the 05th as the date until it switched to the 19th shortly after.

Uhm.. if anyone's ships soon post here though! or if you check and the status says shipping soon. I'll be mighty upset if they ship to other people more than a week before they ship to me. Doesn't really make sense. Oh well, it doesn't matter too much anyway since they will be here within the next few weeks no matter what.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 4th 2002, 5:51 pm

Hi everyone. I have email the following to amazon.com:
I have a question concerning the shipping and delivery dates of the My So-Called Life DVD set. I ordered my set on October 9th, and it is slated for delivery on November 22. This makes sense to me, since I chose 2-day shipping and the set is officially released on Nov. 19th.

I am part of a forum at mscl.com where we discuss the DVD set. Nearly everyone else on this forum has ordered the set, and several also from amazon.com. Here is where it gets confusing: Almost everyone has a different ship/delivery date. I understand that the orders with regular or supersave shipping will get them after Nov. 22nd, and that makes sense. Mine makes sense, but some people placed their orders on Oct. 11th, for example, and are recieving their sets on Nov. 12 or Nov. 7 (also having picked 2-day shipping)? How does this work exactly? Why are some people slated to recieve their orders before the sets are even released? Please help ease this confusion. Thanks very much for your time.
I'm sure that they will get back to me soon (either today or early tomorrow) and I will post their reply here as soon as I get it. Hope this helps, and I hope mine are REALLY coming to me on Nov. 7th! :D Yeah right, well, wishful thinking never hurt anyone!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 5th 2002, 12:21 pm

Here's the email I received from Amazon.com thismorning:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

I’ve checked your order (#***-*******-*******), and I can confirm
that we still expect to ship it by the date listed in Your Account:
November 20, 2002.

Please note that the information on the website for this item "My So-
Called Life" clearly states that "This item will be released on
November 19, 2002. You may order it now and we will ship it to you
when it arrives."

The estimated date of shipment was calculated at the time you placed
your order and is based on the proximity of inventory to the delivery
address you provided, as well as how quickly we can obtain and
assemble items for shipment.

We will send you an e-mail at the time of shipment. Please contact
us again if you do not receive a shipment confirmation by November
21, 2002.

You can always check the status of your order, including estimated
dates of shipment and delivery, by clicking the Your Account link at
the top of most pages of our store or by following this link:

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com. We hope you enjoy your order.

Best regards,

Joel Sondeep Singh
http://www.amazon.com
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

We would appreciate your feedback on our customer service. Follow
the link below if you would like to let us know how we are doing -
your input is invaluable!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cs ... -/qygt4216
I added the bold in the paragraph above. So it looks like your estimated delivery date coincides more with where you are rather than when you placed your order. I'm curious as to what the estimated ship ends up being for someone who places an order now. But I guess I agree with Jessica Popsicles - official release date Nov. 19th = all/most being shipped out then.

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Nov 5th 2002, 4:47 pm

Hi all,

Having pre-ordered from Amazon before, it is safe to say that you should ignore all those dates they are giving you. Some may be basing that info on the early release date which has since changed.

They will all be shipped out by Amazon on or around the release date of the 19th. And, the arrival date will depend on how you paid for shipping. I've pre-ordered many DVDs from them and they sometimes don't ship until the release date, sometimes before, sometimes later in the week.

Other online places (like DVD Planet) ship the week before the release date so you will have it on or before the release date. I got the box set of ONCE AND AGAIN from them yesterday and it is released today.

But, ignore those automated ship dates that they are giving you. They aren't to be trusted.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Not so fast...

Post by lance » Nov 5th 2002, 8:50 pm

Au contraire moviezzz, (Martin did I get the spelling correct here?)

I and my buds have ordered hundreds of DVDs from Amazon. In our collective experience the date that Amazon sends you is the date the item should arrive by, generally by the latest. Often the items arrive early. Last week I ordered a large book from Amazon and I received the book before I received the e-mail confirmation of shipment.

Amazon sent me an e-mail today that said I should receive my set no later than November 8th (Friday I believe). Hopefully, I will get it sooner that. I hope the rest of the MSCL fans who ordered from Amazon will get their sets soon.

All the best,

Lance Man