I've got my discs! My so-called road trip.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
brainysmurf
Liberty High Student

I've got my discs! My so-called road trip.

Post by brainysmurf » Nov 5th 2002, 12:34 am

Because I only live an hour and a half away from AU headquarters I was able to drive down and pick up my set in person today. I can verify that the discs are indeed there, the boxes are already formed, the labels are printed and people are working on it. I saw 2 pallets all ready to go, and they were working on it while I was there. Here are some pics that I took. I had to shrink them down so the quality isn't great, but you get the idea.

Here's an open box of the discs.
Here's the famous truck. The first truck had a bad transmission so they had to get this one. This one has mechanical problems as well.
The boxes on the pallet in the center are ready to be shipped out to customers. The discs are being shipped to via UPS ground for the people that UPS can deliver to. Ross also has regular US mail boxes for those people that have PO Boxes or international orders.
The pallets in the front has boxes that are ready to be shipped, the cases in the rear have the product from BMG.
More boxes ready to be shipped.
This is the table with Martins "Step 2". The DVDs are in the box but there is no label.
Also on the AU tour but not pictured was the accounting dept: One desk and a bunch of file cabinets. You'll notice that there were no people in the pictures, this is most likely due to the creative artwork done lately. =) I don't think they wanted to give us any more ammunition, and I was so happy to get the discs that I didn't want to push my luck. I really wanted to meet Wade or Thomas, but Ross has given them some time off...

I talked to Ross about the overcharges and he said that he is still sorting through them, but he has to check each one manually to make sure that the credit card company hasn't already done a chargeback. In many cases when the person disputes the charge the credit card company automatically takes the money out of AUs account so if he were to refund the money back as well they would end up with double their money. (Which I realize would not really be the end of the world. Then he could wait 6 months for us to give him a refund.) Ross is actively pursuing other projects, so I really don't think he's planning to run AU into the ground intentionally. He did say that he wouldn't be doing any precharges again, which is good.

So that's it. The DVDs are awesome. Nice slipcase, nice individual cases...theres a description of each episode with a small photo from that episode on the back of each disc. The sound and video quality is AWESOME!!! I think I'm going to try and "pull a Jason" and stay up all night and watch them. =)

Thats it. I had a time.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 5th 2002, 12:46 am

I'm wondering if I should risk uncancelling my order seeing as I haven't already and don't believe I'll be getting my money back. I just don't want to get charged for them again. :?
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Nov 5th 2002, 12:51 am

Great News!!!

We've been waiting for the first "I've got them" post for ages.
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Nov 5th 2002, 1:12 am

aww this is so goodd!!!
CONGRATS ON GETTING YOUR DISCS!!!
COME ON GUYS OUR TIME IS FINALLY COMING!! CHEERS!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 5th 2002, 1:37 am

Jessica Popsicles wrote:I'm wondering if I should risk uncancelling my order seeing as I haven't already and don't believe I'll be getting my money back. I just don't want to get charged for them again. :?
I think that the only reason I got my money back (from my bank, NOT anotheruniverse) is that my father works at my bank. I'd probably be considering "uncancelling" if I were in your shoes too, Jessica. But, I'll have to be patient and wait two and a half weeks. I don't think I could afford to uncancel anyway!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 5th 2002, 1:44 am

I still don't understand why you aren't getting at least the bonus disk now. Shouldn't it have been done for the Sept. 17th date? Why isn't it? Its now almost two months since then, and it still isn't done.

Oh, BTW, when you picked up your disk, did you happen to get the gift certificate and "free gift" that you were promised? Or is that being send "later"?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

brainysmurf
Liberty High Student

Post by brainysmurf » Nov 5th 2002, 2:04 am

andrewgd wrote:Oh, BTW, when you picked up your disk, did you happen to get the gift certificate and "free gift" that you were promised? Or is that being sent "later"?
I'm not sure if the gift certificates are being shipped with the DVDs. My DVDs came straight out of the box from BMG... I did receive something to compensate for my bank fees relating to their unauthorized charge. It was pretty cool to be able to walk down the aisles of their whse and browse their inventory...

I really think it's going to be ok, and I really think Ross is trying to do us right. I mean, it was pretty cool that he flew out to the east coast to drive the DVDs back to save time. He even flew another employee out to help drive. It could have taken a few weeks to get here, but he took the "high road". I really think it's going to be ok in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this cancels out any of the crap that AU has pulled. But since Jason's deadline it seems like they're trying to do things right.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 5th 2002, 2:23 am

I replied to the cancel email that AU sent on the 25 and asked to Un-Cancel and Ship! like they said.

In the email I gave the info they asked for and made clear that I don't want to be charged again for the set because I never got any credit for when I asked to cancel anyway. I asked them to get back to me to let me know that the order is alright and I should be getting a set. We will see what happens with that. I'll post anything here about what they say.

I told them to keep their bonus stuff and just send me my set. Basically give me my set and lets just call it even so I don't have to worry about the other stuff. I don't like having to come to these boards and seeing all sorts of 'bad news'. The bonus things don't mean much to me. I want the set. If I don't uncancel I don't think I'll see my money. And if I really want the money there are all these things that I can try, but who knows if I'll ever get it. I shouldn't have to do all that work to get my money back.. so I'll just uncancel and hope I get the set that I paid for.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Nov 5th 2002, 2:36 am

oh man........i want those dvds!!!!! can't wait till i get from amazon!!!

brainysmurf
Liberty High Student

Post by brainysmurf » Nov 5th 2002, 2:36 am

Jessica Popsicles wrote:I replied to the cancel email that AU sent on the 25 and asked to Un-Cancel and Ship! like they said.

In the email I gave the info they asked for and made clear that I don't want to be charged again for the set because I never got any credit for when I asked to cancel anyway. I asked them to get back to me to let me know that the order is alright and I should be getting a set. We will see what happens with that. I'll post anything here about what they say.
You may want to send a copy of that email to ross@comicshop.net and include the words "Please Reply" in the subject. I never had a problem getting a response. Sometimes it took a few days, but I always got a reply.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Nov 5th 2002, 2:41 am

This is really a great news! :P
Nice picture shots as well, brainysmurf! These seem to be some solid proof that the DVDs are really in AU, and they are at least working on the packaging and delivery.

I hope I can get my DVDs soon.
Last edited by Anakin on Nov 5th 2002, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 5th 2002, 2:42 am

It's good that people that haven't cancelled their orders are getting their discs. Ross is still a crook, thief and con artist. The bs he gave you about having to "manually" check every bill is the same crap that's been shoveled out since August (to me at least). I hope the chargebacks run him out of business, or at the very least get his merchant account suspended. Hopefully with his name blacklisted for further merchant accounts with Visa and Mastercard.

Meanwhile I'm waiting on Citibank to finalize things so I can have my money back for good. I hope they charged him a good fee for each of the 3 chargebacks they've had to do.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 5th 2002, 2:53 am

brainysmurf wrote:
Jessica Popsicles wrote:I replied to the cancel email that AU sent on the 25 and asked to Un-Cancel and Ship! like they said.

You may want to send a copy of that email to ross@comicshop.net and include the words "Please Reply" in the subject. I never had a problem getting a response. Sometimes it took a few days, but I always got a reply.
Thanks for the suggestion, I just emailed him there. He's the one I wrote to to cancel my order anyway.

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Nov 5th 2002, 3:21 am

[quote="brainysmurfI did receive something to compensate for my bank fees relating to their unauthorized charge.[/quote]

Which was what? Or are you saying the "tour" was compensation?
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 5th 2002, 3:39 am

Brainysmurf:

Don't suppose I could talk you into posting a couple more pics, specifically -- the discs themselves, with topside label showing; a menu screen from one of the later discs playing on your TV or PC.

Your previous photos were encouraging, but strictly speaking, they don't quite prove the existence of the dvds. It is possible, however unlikely, that AU could have just stuffed a bunch of empty slip cases into a crate...

The Mulder in me wants to believe, but the Scully in me demands an alien corpse, or at least fist-sized chunks of an unidentifiable element.

Of course, if what you say is true, and I think it is...

:D :D :D CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D

Lucky bastard :wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain