Do You 'Tae Bo'?

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
pgh kenny
Angelica

Do You 'Tae Bo'?

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 30th 2002, 9:45 pm

I have had the Tae Bo advanced workout on VHS for about two years nows. Before today I have always cheated and stopped at about 30 minutes. Today I decided to force myself to do the entire one-hour workout. Ouch. This Billy Banks guy is brutal. I'm in pretty good shape, too. I walk or jog 3 miles or more a day. I felt so overworked that I had to have a few beers after I did the tape - that was probably stupid since now I am losing any benefit of suffering through the workout. I feel a little silly for being a guy and doing the Tae Bo Workout, but the tape does say "for men & women".

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 30th 2002, 10:21 pm

Yeah, he's good. He kicks my butt. But I get so mad at him when we are on the floor at the end, and he's talking. He tells me to "reach up to your higher power and ask him to give you the strength.." blah blah blah... I doubt God has the time to help me through a workout. I always yell at the TV for him to shut up. One more reason my husband thinks I'm strange. :shock:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 30th 2002, 10:28 pm

Megs wrote: But I get so mad at him when we are on the floor at the end, and he's talking. He tells me to "reach up to your higher power and ask him to give you the strength.." blah blah blah...
Luckily, tonight I decided to put on the dance channel on xmradio and I muted Billy. But I could see it in his eyes... he wasn't happy with the way I was doing those floor exercises at the end. My wife usually does the 1/2 tape with me, but tonight she snuck away and jumped on the treadmill.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 31st 2002, 12:39 pm

My husband's favorite source of entertainment is watching me jump and huff and puff my way through Tae Bo. Apparently, it is hilarious. :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 31st 2002, 2:32 pm

Lori and I doing Tae Bo is the major source of entertainment for our parents when we visit them. They have a whole collection of TB poses in the photo album.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 31st 2002, 3:26 pm

You are extremely brave. I could never do it in front of anyone other than my husband. It would be too much material for future blackmail. :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2002, 3:27 pm

I haven't tried Tae Bo (even though seeing Billy teaching Lucy on ER was pretty damn funny), but I have been doing Bikram yoga. I had avoided yoga because I had this idea that they would have me lie on the ground while they played new age Yanni music until I fell asleep or died or boredom.

Bikram yoga is NOTHING like that - they heat the room to 100 degrees and then have you do things like hold one leg behind you kind of like this: http://www.fsus.fsu.edu/Athletics/Cheer ... stunts.asp (except without the cheerleading uniforms) - the "scorpion" and "full scale" pictures are what I'm talking about.

The first class I went to, I was panting and sweating like a pig, thinking "someone put me out of my misery!" Then I looked at the clock and saw that it had only been 20 minutes since class started! I really didn't think I would make it through the last 70 minutes without collapsing.

Then a strange thing happened - I became addicted! I have been going twice a week since August and it's soooo awesome. Even though it makes me sweat. A lot. We're talking pouring down like rain, and I am normally NOT a sweaty girl!

The studio has a big window that faces a very busy street and apparently we are a major source of entertainment because people who are walking by will stop and stare. Then again, it might be the 40 sweaty girls in skimpy outfits rather than the actual yoga that is enticing and entertaining the passers-by.

:D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2002, 3:29 pm

Megs wrote:You are extremely brave. I could never do it in front of anyone other than my husband. It would be too much material for future blackmail. :lol:
My sister used to sit on the sofa and LAUGH while I did the Grind workout with Tina and Eric. Mmmmm, Eric.

Post by Guest » Oct 31st 2002, 4:07 pm

candygirl wrote: My sister used to sit on the sofa and LAUGH while I did the Grind workout with Tina and Eric. Mmmmm, Eric.
You go thorugh life thinking you are the only one.... we have the Grind workout on VHS too. Can't say that we've done that one recently though.

I have wanted to take a yoga class for a long time. However, all the gyms & classes here are so expensive. Actually we don't even have many nice gyms around here - and when you walk downtown and look around during lunch hour, it shows! The fact that many salads in Pittsburgh come with french fries on top of them probably isn't helping the population. I love visiting NYC because it is so nice to be around people that actually exercise and walk places.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 31st 2002, 4:09 pm

/\ that last post was me... forgot to log in again... that always happens to me. when i restart my computer i have my computer set up to erase all of the cookies. but then i have to remember to log in again.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2002, 4:26 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:You go thorugh life thinking you are the only one.... we have the Grind workout on VHS too. Can't say that we've done that one recently though.
Ahhh, but did you have Hip Hop Aerobics or Fitness with Flava? Gawd, I can't even say that out loud without feeling like an ass! (this might be an embarassing moment to mention that I have both) They also have Tai Funk Aerobics, but I haven't tried that out.

Even worse - Darrin's Dance Grooves.

:oops:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 31st 2002, 5:37 pm

candygirl wrote:
Even worse - Darrin's Dance Grooves.

Is that the one where you can learn his popping techniques that he picked up from growin up on the streets?

I love that commercial.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2002, 6:05 pm

That's the one!

And it's a total piece of crap by the way.

I bought it for my sister last year and it totally sucks!

Crazy camera angles, unnecessary closeups, and lots of Darrin prosletizing.

Two thumbs down.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 31st 2002, 6:42 pm

candygirl wrote: Even worse - Darrin's Dance Grooves.

My husband flat-out refused to buy that for me. I really wanted to learn *N Sync's Bye Bye Bye dance grooves. Oh, well. I had to settle for Paula Abdul's Dance workout. :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2002, 7:52 pm

Dooooo, my mom has that Paula Abdul Dance Workout - I used to do the YMCA dance (at home AND any time they played the song in public).

Your hubby was right to refuse you that DDG thing - let him know that you guys saved $12.

That liar Darrin only teaches one part of each dance. I felt really ripped off.

My sister and I sat on the sofa and watched it together - no one to laugh at except Darrin. The pointing and laughing usually happened when he tried to get all serious between dances and tell us to believe in ourselves and junk.

:D