Amazon shipping date nov 10

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Amazon shipping date nov 10

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 30th 2002, 4:33 pm

delivery date nov 12

does anyone else get this too? is it shipping on the 10th?? :) in that case i wont need to get 2 day shipping :)

Denie
Between Names

Re: Amazon shipping date nov 10

Post by Denie » Oct 30th 2002, 5:07 pm

Amazon can't seem to decide when to ship us the DVDs! :?
I still show delivery on Nov. 7 (2-day shipping).

Others are showing Nov 22 as delivery date.
http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1459&start=15

To add to the confusion, I e-mailed Amazon questioning my shipment/delivery date. They replied by stating that I was still on track to recieve it on Nov. 7th

At the very least, I know my DVDs ordered from Amazon will arrive by Nov 22 at the latest. And if there is a problem, they respond to e-mails. I'm glad my order is now with a company the cares about customer service.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: Amazon shipping date nov 10

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 30th 2002, 5:50 pm

north_Star98 wrote:delivery date nov 12

does anyone else get this too? is it shipping on the 10th?? :) in that case i wont need to get 2 day shipping :)
My order also shows the delivery date as Nov 12. :?
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Oct 30th 2002, 6:22 pm

My "because I no longer believe AU is sending me anything" order with Amazon shows a shipping date of November 24th, but an expected delivery date of November 25th. I chose standard shipping. How does that work?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Oct 30th 2002, 6:54 pm

Hi everybody - first time post here. Nice to meet ya. :)

My Amazon order, placed on October 19th, states that the release date is November 19th, with the estimated shipping date on the 26th, a full week later.

I love Amazon, so I trust that it'll get worked out, but do the dates on my order sound right to you?

-g

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 30th 2002, 7:34 pm

I just checked and my shipping date is now listed as Nov. 11 with estimated delivery of Nov. 14th. Hopefully if this is right I will be getting my DVD's sooner that I thought. This makes me so happy! :D

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 30th 2002, 7:41 pm

GaryEA wrote:Hi everybody - first time post here. Nice to meet ya. :)

My Amazon order, placed on October 19th, states that the release date is November 19th, with the estimated shipping date on the 26th, a full week later.

I love Amazon, so I trust that it'll get worked out, but do the dates on my order sound right to you?

-g
Welcome to the party! So glad you could join us! :D

This is the first time I've heard the shipping date to be as late as November 26th. Do you have other items in your order that are not scheduled to be released until then? If so, and your items are to be "grouped together", that might explain the shipping delay.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 30th 2002, 7:46 pm

I just checked... And guess what:

Shipping Estimate: Nov 6th

Delivery Estimate: Nov 16th

Woooohoooo!!!!!!

Unless the UK calendar is different to that of the US, my long-awaited & much adored set will be making its way home to me NEXT WEEK!!!!

NEXT WEEK!!!!

NEXT WEEK!!!!

:lol:
Mom. Streamers?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 30th 2002, 7:47 pm

they might have sold so much that they need to ensure they will have enough.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 30th 2002, 7:57 pm

Amazon.ca is reporting an estimated ship date of Nov. 12, which after my previous experience with them I take with a BIG grain of salt.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Oct 30th 2002, 8:09 pm

This is the first time I've heard the shipping date to be as late as November 26th. Do you have other items in your order that are not scheduled to be released until then? If so, and your items are to be "grouped together", that might explain the shipping delay.
Hi Denie,

Thanks for the warm welcome - it's great to be here!

My order for MSCL is a stand-alone order, so I have no idea why my shipping date/delivery estimates are so much later than everyone else.

The only idea that comes to mind is that Amazon is releasing the set in waves. Those who pre-ordered early will get it first, and everyone who followed will get it insubsequent shipments.

This doesn't explain why the site has the release date as the 19th, but it's the best theory I have. But I'm open to suggestions...

-g

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 30th 2002, 8:15 pm

I emailed them about this, they answered:

"Please note that in some cases, such items may enter the shipping
process just prior to the release date. When possible, we do this to
ensure that you get the item as soon as possible after the release
date."

So thats why they say it ships before the release date.

Just to throw my numbers into the hat: Shipping Nov. 10th, arrival between 14th and 20th. Super Saver Shipping.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 30th 2002, 8:47 pm

I mentioned it in another thread, but my dates from amazon are:

Order placed: Oct 9
Ship estimate: Nov 20
Delivery estimate: Nov 22

I picked two-day shipping. I won't expect them before that, but hey - if I get them early, you won't hear me complaining! :D
Last edited by SanDeE* on Oct 31st 2002, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 30th 2002, 9:02 pm

My expected arrival date is December 2nd!!!! :o

What did I do to deserve such a fate?
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Oct 30th 2002, 10:09 pm

I think the kind of shipping you get depends on when they will ship your order to you.
Like 2 day shipping will go out as soon as the DVDs are available so you actually get them in 2 days. Then lower priority shipping will be shipped within like 2 days of the realease date.

I don't know if it's true but that's what it seems like.

I am almost positive that their release date is going to be the 19th or not too much sooner.

The people with dates like the 10th and 07th to be shipped from Amazon.. well your estimated date probably hasn't been updated. I don't think that they update them. It usually just sticks with the date that they originally gave in the order confirmation.

I added things to my order earlier in the week and those things shipped seperately yesterday, but because I added to it, the MSCL estimated date was updated from the 07th to the 19th like their site now says.

Just another thought,, the free shipping really sucks. It takes like 2 weeks to get to you once Amazon ships it. I guess if you're not in a hurry for it it doesn't really matter.(I've also had bad experiences with USPS so I like to stick with UPS anyway).

I got 2-day shipping and I'm expected to have it by November 22nd.

The person who said something about only receiving it December 2nd(?), that's because it's being released the 19th, probably leaving Amazon by the 21st and then maybe you chose the free shipping which takes a while to get to you.

I also thought that Amazon was sending the set at two different dates but it doesn't really make sense. Also I've had my order with Amazon for a while now and my date is to be here the 22nd with 2-day shipping so I don't think that's the case.

I don't know, I won't expect them any sooner than the 22nd but if they ship earlier it'll be a nice surprise.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.