MSCL : The SECOND season coming soon on DVDs !!!!!

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Who's Who

Post by smackey » Oct 30th 2002, 10:02 am

sab wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:But now I can't seem to remember who Jodie Barsh was!
"Oh please. That's, like, so known!"
sab, way to deliver the home run on that innocent setup from Nostradamus! I could see this thread leading to that quote before I even got to your post. :lol:

And Chase Cat, I can't wait for episode #3! I think Jodie's exit with "Red" is simply a convenient way to springboard a Jodie Barsh spin-off vehicle--the Frasier to MSCL's Cheers, if you will. :)

square pants
Tino

Post by square pants » Oct 30th 2002, 10:38 am

It took me a while to be okay with mary kate and ashley playing angela. But then I remembered their superb performance in the episode where uncle jessie and his wife were hoping to be intimate and the girls were told they were "doing their taxes". THe emotional vulnerability they displayed well I'm starting to cry just thinking about it.
what really concerned me was the decision to case all of the Lawrence brothers in the male roles. I mean woooh! I heard that there was quite a disagreement between the writers and the director when he chose in the second season to have the youngest culkin play angelas sister in the 2nd season. I mean like we wouldnt notice that angela now had a brother instead of a sister. Sounds to me like the darren conspiracy of the 70s.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 30th 2002, 10:43 am

How about Larisa Oleynik as Angela? Just a thought. There's actually some pics of her at imdb that looks like she's got a bit red-ish hair :P

And what do you guys think? Should Angela get another haircolor or keep the red in season 2?

Oh, wait! Maybe Lisa from The Simpsons. She'd be a good Angela.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 30th 2002, 12:39 pm

Christina Aguilera would make the perfect Rayanne IMO...

:D :D

Although I don't think her acting is up to much she certainly has slut potential. No hang on - scratch the 'potential'.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 30th 2002, 12:53 pm

I could definitely see Christina Aguilera as that part. Oh and for the dad since he is a chef how about Emeril. :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Who's Who

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 30th 2002, 2:27 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Clare Kramer played demented goddess Glory in season five of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. As a child, she gained some early fame portraying Dave Thomas' daughter in commercials for the namesake burger joint, Wendy's.
She was in "Rules of Attraction" which came out a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen it.

She also played Courtney in "Bring It On" where she delivered lines like, "Let's not put the duh in dumb," "You're having cheer sex with him," and my personal favorite, "She puts the WHORE in horrifying."

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 30th 2002, 2:55 pm

not so sure about this......it just wouldn't be the same with out claire danes, jared leto, etc. and i'm hoping the olsen twins was just a joke...cuz that would really suck.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 30th 2002, 2:59 pm

Damn. You figured it out.

Releasing Season Two is one of the secret projects I'm working on. Imagine how well something will sell that has never even been aired on TV!

(i'm joking people, there is no season two)

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 30th 2002, 3:11 pm

wait wait...are they coming out with a season two dvd...or is it a joke? i'm confused hehe

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 30th 2002, 3:35 pm

square pants wrote:It took me a while to be okay with mary kate and ashley playing angela. But then I remembered their superb performance in the episode where uncle jessie and his wife were hoping to be intimate and the girls were told they were "doing their taxes". THe emotional vulnerability they displayed well I'm starting to cry just thinking about it.
what really concerned me was the decision to case all of the Lawrence brothers in the male roles. I mean woooh! I heard that there was quite a disagreement between the writers and the director when he chose in the second season to have the youngest culkin play angelas sister in the 2nd season. I mean like we wouldnt notice that angela now had a brother instead of a sister. Sounds to me like the darren conspiracy of the 70s.
That is beautiful - I'm speechless with laughter! :D (or maybe I'm speechless because I remember that particular MK/A performance - gawd, they know how to grab my heart and wring it!)

Except I heard they were getting the middle Hanson brother to play Danielle.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 31st 2002, 12:12 am

hahahaha ok this great stuff.

How about Ellen Degeniris as Patty? COME ON NOW! The similarities in their looks are just too strinking! And the obvious crush patty has on Amber,you know she's gay. heh.
And how about....Bjork as Angela? Quirky, weird, quiet and vulnerable. Ah yes the master of "Dancer in the Dark" can do it all over again in the revised episode of "dancing in the dark: part Deux." it'd be magical. I can just see it -----
Rickie: So, what about her?

Rayanne: Nothing, she just annoys me. Her lips are so puffed out it's like she siliconed them.

Bjork/Angela: [as Jordan walks by] Really? Do you tink she did? Really? You tink she siliconed her lips, really? everyting is like music! Really? Have you seen it all? Really?! oh my! BANG CHOP BIZZ WAH!

Rayanne: Angela, he's gone. You can talk like a normal person.

Bjork/Angela: oh gosh- i tink i made tings bad....BANG ZIP WOW!

hahaha crazy ol Bjork.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 31st 2002, 12:17 am

I just got the digibetas from Bedford Falls. I'll tell you how it is tomorrow. Holding an all-nighter to watch them.
LetsBolt wrote:wait, wtf?
A second season? since when?
whats it on, whose in it? what characters? im really confused this seems to have dropped out of no where unless i've been hiding under a rock.

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 31st 2002, 12:27 am

LetsBolt wrote: Bjork/Angela: [as Jordan walks by] Really? Do you tink she did? Really? You tink she siliconed her lips, really? everyting is like music! Really? Have you seen it all? Really?! oh my! BANG CHOP BIZZ WAH!

Rayanne: Angela, he's gone. You can talk like a normal person.

Bjork/Angela: oh gosh- i tink i made tings bad....BANG ZIP WOW!

hahaha crazy ol Bjork.
LOL. :lol: Literally. Don't you hate when people type "lol" so often that they couldn't possibly be really laughing that much, unless they're huffing nitrous oxide while they post?

Aaron T.

square pants
Tino

Post by square pants » Oct 31st 2002, 2:04 am

Jason,

I don't know if I should be the one to tell you this since you are planning to have your own private viewing of season 2 at home. But I heard that season 2 was just something AU made up (I know its hard to believe that they would do something so, dishonest..) I think it will become clear to you shortly into the first episode, when you realize ross is doing all the voices and there is a blank screen with the words, "actual images will ship when available", but don't worry they promise to send lots of good stuff when they send the images.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

What'd she do to Jodie Barsch?!

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 31st 2002, 7:45 am

OK, I swear I had no idea I was setting that up! Good call, Sascha! :o :lol:

I went back and watched that scene in the pilot and then found that long thread about her fanfics... for a character that was mentioned once and never seen, Miss Barsch generated more buzz than Tino! :shock:
Except I heard they were getting the middle Hanson brother to play Danielle.
Heh, the first time my best friend and I saw a Hanson video on MTV, he shouted out, "Whoah! Check out those three hot blonde sisters!"
I seem to recall my response being along the lines of, "Err, umm, you do realize Hanson is a boy band, right?"
And hilarity ensued... :P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain