AU's Official DVD Update 28 oct

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
blueone
Overlooked Sibling

AU's Official DVD Update 28 oct

Post by blueone » Oct 28th 2002, 8:44 pm

Just got this in my mailbox:

This is a brief update for everyone who has the My So-Called Life DVD set on order from Another Universe. We are still on track to begin shipping this week. I will actually be picking up the DVDs from the factory this Wednesday and driving them back to California. We will begin shipping some to customers as early as this Thursday and Friday, with the bulk of the shipment going out the following week.

We still expect to ship the Lunchbox and bonus disk in early December. Our current focus is to get the boxed sets to everyone that has been waiting. We will continue to update everyone, as we get closer to the ship date.

When we ship, you will get a shipping confirmation e-mailed to you, including a tracking number so you can watch it zoom its way to your front door.

Again, we are sorry for all the delays on this project, but we are almost to the end. Thanks for staying with us, and we look forward to getting the DVDs to you.

Ross Rojek

So it finally looks like they'll be coming :) I hope..

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 28th 2002, 9:10 pm

They are "to the end" when you get your lunchbox and bonus disc, and don't let them off the hook for that.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 28th 2002, 9:50 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:They are "to the end" when you get your lunchbox and bonus disc, and don't let them off the hook for that.
Oh, and refunding everyone who's been double/triple charged, and canceled their orders.

As far as I'm concerned, Ross owes me a dvd until they give me my money back.

He also owes me the "sorry" gift that he promised everyone who was overcharged.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: AU's Official DVD Update 28 oct

Post by vapspwi » Oct 28th 2002, 9:53 pm

Somehow I still manage to NEVER receive any e-mail traffic from Another Universe. I don't think I've ever received a message from them that wasn't a direct response to something that I sent. Admittedly, my e-mail address has changed, but I contacted them and updated my info.

Oh, well, I never got any printed confirmation that my order was even placed, either, but I guess my outstanding double charge is proof enough of that. :-)

JRjr

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 28th 2002, 11:27 pm

"When we ship, you will get a shipping confirmation e-mailed to you, including a tracking number so you can watch it zoom its way to your front door."

This shipping process will be very interesting to watch from a distance. :shock:

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 28th 2002, 11:58 pm

I have seen sweet FA about all the promised bonuses Ross was mentioning here that were supposed to convince us not to cancel our orders and save $50 buying elsewhere. Where was the official email about the gift certificate, or the t-shirt, or anything else for that matter?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 29th 2002, 12:28 am

so-called customer wrote:Where was the official email about the gift certificate, or the t-shirt, or anything else for that matter?
The email is in the same place as the t-shirt and the gift certificate - where the sun don't shine.

:D

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 29th 2002, 12:51 am

so-called customer wrote:Where was the official email about the gift certificate, or the t-shirt, or anything else for that matter?
http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Thats as official as we got. Of course, I doubt Ross will honor his word. So far he's not done that once.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 29th 2002, 3:25 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:"When we ship, you will get a shipping confirmation e-mailed to you, including a tracking number so you can watch it zoom its way to your front door."

This shipping process will be very interesting to watch from a distance. :shock:
I'm still wondering if my $115 overcharge is going to pay for shipping various orders.

WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO?
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

RichD
Tino

Post by RichD » Oct 29th 2002, 11:56 am

Weird - I didn't get that e-mail. I got the one they sent out on the 21st, however.

Hmm. :roll:

~ Rich

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 29th 2002, 12:27 pm

RichD wrote:Weird - I didn't get that e-mail. I got the one they sent out on the 21st, however.

Hmm. :roll:

~ Rich
I didn't get it either. Got the other one, twice. But, not this one.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 29th 2002, 3:02 pm

It wasn't an email. He only posted it there in that thread.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Oct 29th 2002, 3:59 pm

andrewgd wrote:It wasn't an email. He only posted it there in that thread.
I received it as an e-mail.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 29th 2002, 5:04 pm

I also got this email. Apparently, it was sent to me around 6:15 or so last night, but didn't show up in my inbox until thismorning. I'm kind of surprised/baffled (i don't know the right word for this) that I even got this email, since I cancelled my order with them. Still trying to lure me back perhaps? Not gonna happen!

nester
Tino

Post by nester » Oct 29th 2002, 5:15 pm

I once again did not get this email. :(

and i know why.. the domain name referenced is no longer valid. i let it expire. oops. :roll: