DVD Pricing

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

DVD Pricing

Post by mglenn » Jun 26th 2001, 6:57 pm

I've had a few discussions with our secret agent at BMG Special Projects and the pricing for the boxed set has come up. Please post your thoughts on what you think is an exceptible price for all 19 episodes and some bonus material.. ie: possiblly a T-shirt or poster.. also special packaging? Also feel free to add notes on what you'd like to see added to the set...

Mike Glenn
Project Manager for MSCL.COM

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Re: DVD Pricing

Post by socalledfan » Jun 27th 2001, 12:59 am

Mike,

I think an appropriate price for the whole box set would be $50-$80 US dollars. I would love it if there were a bonus involved (i.e. poster or T-shirt)! As for DVD extras, my biggest wish would be that they include comments from Winnie Holzman about each episode. Or even better, comments from the cast (if possible). Out-takes from the show would be amazing as well!

Thanks for keeping us informed!!!

"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

Alee
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Alee » Jun 27th 2001, 11:16 am

I'd be willing to pay whatever...I'd be glad for anything, but I do think it would be really great to see lots of special features, outtakes would be really cool...I'd love to see what the cast has to say, like interviews...anyway I think the t-shirt/poster (both?!)idea is good.

Post by Guest » Jun 28th 2001, 1:35 am

Off the record...I would be willing to pay whatever for the whole series. (Either on VHS or DVD) Been waiting since 1998 when MTV last aired them to see them again. On the record....I think $50-$75 (U.S.) would be about right. Seeing as how the original VHS Box sets were around $22 for 6 episodes + extras. Factor in that a couple of years have passed and DVD is supposedly better quality, I would be willing to pay somewhere in the range of $50-75. I hope they include T-shirts and anything else they could think up. Whatever they decide I just hope they release all 19 episodes!!!soon!!!!!

Shred
Tino

Post by Shred » Jun 29th 2001, 4:32 am

I think if you look at the price the second buffy season with 22 episodes and a ton of extras has been selling at -> about £65 in the uk on DVD so that's about $91 approx - and reduce it slightly as Buffy has 3 more episodes than MSCL and judge the price from there. I's have thought anything from $80 down sounds fair.

the Shred Man cometh...

Dengar
Jody Barsh

Post by Dengar » Jul 1st 2001, 7:17 am

probably $75-100 dollars would be fair to me. outakes would be awsome, interviews, bios, anykind of info that will fit. lets hope its not like the first disc;)

Ken
Liberty High Student

Post by Ken » Jul 1st 2001, 1:27 pm

For me, I would like to have all the extra footage of Winnie Holzmann and the cast that they can find. This is a bit greedy I know, maybe they can have options to buy the extras (if there are a lot). I would much rather prefer extra footage than memorabilia, though both would be just awesome.

With pricing, I don't know. I would be willing to pay more if there are more cast and writer comments/footage though.

Great of them to ask though. Thanks to the people who're making this happen. You guys are great!

Post by Guest » Jul 1st 2001, 10:44 pm

hi! i'm a big fan of the show and i live in the uk. do you know if the dvd boxset will be released over here? i'm concerned coz if i order the us one the region will be wrong and my player won't play it.
thanks for your help,
kat

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jul 1st 2001, 10:48 pm

Hi,

I live in the UK too - I don't care about the price of the episodes because once I have them all I will have them forever. My only worry is that they might not be released over here...so hopefully the US ones will be region free?

Joanna
barnstable79@hotmail.com

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jul 4th 2001, 1:27 am

My understanding is that it will be region free aka region zero.

Mike Glenn
Project Manager for MSCL.COM

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 6th 2001, 1:17 am

Well how many DVDs are gonna be in this box set first of all, and will it include all 19 episodes or just the ones that haven't yet been released on DVD? Has there been more info released about these details that I haven't seen?

It's unrealistic to think that there'd be a commentary track. It's one thing for a 2-hour movie to have commentary, but this will be roughly 19 hours of film.

However, I don't think behind-the-scenes footage would be impossible. I'm sure it exists, they just have to get the permission to use it. Maybe there are some cast interviews from back in the day as well. But honestly, I don't expect much, if any, extras, so I won't be disappointed if there isn't any.

"Close your eyes, you can find all you need in your mind if you Take the Time" - Dream Theater

$100 or less

Post by Guest » Jul 11th 2001, 5:58 am

I buy the X-Files DVD sets, which include 22+ episodes, TONS of bonus material, and PC games. These run $150ish retail, but I usually buy them (new) off eBay for $80. I would hope the MSCL DVD's would be $100 or less, but (cringe) I would be willing to pay another $50.

I hope your talks with BMG mean that there is hope for the release!