CONFUSION: What are most people doing?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Rhibar
Tino

CONFUSION: What are most people doing?

Post by Rhibar » Oct 24th 2002, 7:50 pm

Having not checked this site very much recently and then finding out that Jason had stopped dealing with AU, that other companies are selling the DVDs and that AU expects to have the sets ready soon (again), i am slightly confused. :?

I still want my order but dont know whether to get it from somewhere else?
What are other people doing about it? Are you cancelling with AU?

I fear that cancelling might be more hassle....plus im still waiting for a refund to be sorted out.

Rhi
x

angelgirl
Nicky Driscoll

Post by angelgirl » Oct 24th 2002, 9:28 pm

i am kind of in the same boat. i have debated on weather or not i should cancel, but i too think that it will be more of a hassel, and now hearing that au did indeed pay for the lunchboxes makes me feel a bit better. i can't wait to get those dvds in my hands! that will be the day! :lol:

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 24th 2002, 10:32 pm

I debated about whether or not to cancel for what seemed like forever, after much thought I've decided not to. Why bother really? Things are paid for, cancelling with AU will probably be a huge hassle, and we won't get them much quicker by ordering from elsewhere.
Oh, I also got doublecharged in August, got my refund this month. So, there is a fragment of hope out there for the doublecharged.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 24th 2002, 10:51 pm

This is depressing. People maintaining orders because they are afraid they will never see their refunds.

dsledman
Tino

Post by dsledman » Oct 24th 2002, 11:12 pm

i cancelled my order. i havent gotten a refund yet, but i will. thats all there is to it. im not taking this crap any longer. i will get my money back and they will be happy to give it to me damnit!!!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 25th 2002, 12:03 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:This is depressing. People maintaining orders because they are afraid they will never see their refunds.
Unfortunately the 3+ months that AU has not refunded others sets a precedent. And there are people who's credit cards will not let them dispute the charges. So there's no choice but to wait for the dvds, or hope that AU will take their heads out of their asses and refund the charges. But why would they do that if they haven't had to refund their overcharges for 3+ months. Will http://www.ifccfbi.gov actually get people's money back? So far we haven't seen any action from the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (yes, I know it hasn't been long enough for them to respond, but that doesn't help skeptics).

People see that they will stay with AU and probably get the merchandise, or they will cancel with AU, and definitely not get the merchandise, and NOT get their money back. Until that fact is disproven, there will be a lot of people staying with AU. And that is a seriously f#cked up situation.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 12:21 am

Sit tight.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 25th 2002, 12:27 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:This is depressing. People maintaining orders because they are afraid they will never see their refunds.
I have to admit that I may not be able to receive the refund if I cancel my order is a major reason for I still haven't cancel my order, this is really damn depressed. Now I'm afraid that AU may further delay anything that can delay after read our message here and know that some customer still stick with AU is because of such damn reason.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Oct 25th 2002, 12:54 am

As much as AU doesn't deserve to be paid, and instead, deserves my anger and spite for the way in which I and others have been treated, I cannot cancel.

The slightest chance that I will get something that is a rare collectible(Anything from AU could be considered such, but...) and I cannot resist. I'm not happy, but able to wait years, and pay obscene amounts for something as trifle as a lunchbox with MSCL pictures on the side, or a bonus disk with an extra 5 seconds worth of material.

Of course, should I NEVER recieve what I've paid for, LOOK OUT AU!!!
I'll create my own flood lasting 40 days and nights, and locate it right over AU's headquarters.
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 25th 2002, 12:57 am

andrewgd wrote:
People see that they will stay with AU and probably get the merchandise, or they will cancel with AU, and definitely not get the merchandise, and NOT get their money back. Until that fact is disproven, there will be a lot of people staying with AU. And that is a seriously f#cked up situation.
Yep. I cancelled my order and I know AU will never refund my money. Hell, they still haven't refunded my overcharge. From what others have said, even getting a judgement against AU will not get my money back. So it seems pretty hopeless. That $100 is gone forever. I don't blame people for keeping their orders.

At least by cancelling, I am now in a position to file criminal complaints against AU and CMIH. Of course, such complaints will be filed and forgotten, but doing it might make me feel a little better about this whole mess.

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 25th 2002, 2:10 am

Here's a thought, but given the bumbling inepitude of AU and their "accounting department" what makes you think their "shipping department" is any better?

"Your order has been sent to the 'shipping department' where they will audit your record and make sure all payment has been made. Then it will be sent out in the order received by the 'shipping department'."

blueone
Overlooked Sibling

Post by blueone » Oct 25th 2002, 9:07 am

Well I'm still sticking with AU for now even though I've been close to cancelling my order several times.

My main reasons for sticking with AU are:
- I will probably not get a refund
- This was paid for about a half year ago, so I don't think that much about the money
- I haven't been overcharged
- I honestly believe that the DVDs are just around the corner now as BMG will ship to Ventura pretty soon now and AU's recent press release stating 29th as a shipping date, although this date might be a lie shipping will probably start in just a matter of weeks.
- And of course, IF we're lucky we might get the bonusdisc and the lunchbox.

So only negative I've experienced is the endless waiting so I'll hang on for now.

grlNmiami
Tino

AU obviously doesn't really care

Post by grlNmiami » Oct 25th 2002, 5:29 pm

Like most of us, I have been following this drama from the beginning. I want to cancel my order, but I am scared to because I am still waiting for a refund from my double charge back in August. Luckily, I have a great credit card company that has disputed the charges for me. And if the DVDs, lunchbox and bonus disk all arrive eventually, they will drop the dispute. My biggest concern now is that I have moved since the original order. And while I have called (and emailed and faxed) AU about my address change, I worry that they have placed as much priority on that as my refund!!! :evil: Guess the only we can do is........ wait. which we've gotten pretty good at over the months! I want my DVDs :lol:

fedge
Frozen Embryo

Phonecall to AU

Post by fedge » Oct 25th 2002, 6:10 pm

I just called AU and they said they have modified their warehouse in anticipation of receiving the box set, ,which they said should be in their warehouse on October 30th. From there it wll be shipped to customers. Cross your fingers!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 25th 2002, 6:23 pm

Knowing those fucktards, "modifying their warehouse" probably means that they made a labyrinth from point A (packaging) to point B (shipping).

You know, it makes things more efficient. :roll:

I hope they all die a horrible death. :D