UK folks who've cancelled their orders

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
DanH
Frozen Embryo

UK folks who've cancelled their orders

Post by DanH » Oct 21st 2002, 3:11 pm

Anyone know how we can go about chasing our refunds? I've only just cancelled, I filled in the form on Dry Grass, and I've e-mail Ross direct (got the "I'm on the road" reply). I've finally lost the tiny amount of faith I had left in AU, so I really don't expect to get my money back easily. I'm not into spending my refund on calling AU everyday from the UK in order to chase my money up, so does anyone have any ideas? Or better yet, anyone from the UK been successful in sorting this out? If nothing else, maybe we can get together and call BBC Watchdog, they might like to chase this one up.

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 21st 2002, 3:29 pm

Hi,

I (and several others) have already mailed Watchdog, without response so far....

My best advice is to use http://www.just-dial.com/ - basically you pay for a UK national rate call (less than 4p per minute in the evening) and you can call internationally...

Now you can harrass AU without the invonvenience of having to pay much for it - hurrah!

Cheers,
Paul.

Chimpasaurus
Tino

refunds

Post by Chimpasaurus » Oct 21st 2002, 4:08 pm

I just told my CC that the transaction was fraudulant as I had ordered from 'another universe' but 'the comic store' had debited my acc an amount i had not agreed. they have credited my account with the full amount while they investigate.

I would love to see Anne Robinson kick AU's asses when she finds they run their company from a shoe rented in a different name. "You never saw us, we were never here"

I think we'd do better with the BBC kids show 'Short Changed' :wink:

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Re: refunds

Post by Hardware » Oct 21st 2002, 4:34 pm

Chimpasaurus wrote:I would love to see Anne Robinson kick AU's asses when she finds they run their company from a shoe rented in a different name. "You never saw us, we were never here"
Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of people's mis-typings, but that was so funny, I almost blew bits of wagon wheel out of my nose!!

A mental picture of Ross as the "old woman who lived in a shoe" - priceless!!!!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2002, 5:14 am

Well, I cancelled last week and rang AU to confirm (I would recommend you do this as I then found out my cancellation hadn't registered, despite having received an email from Mike saying it had, and my refund had been submitted).

Since I was not double-charged, this is how I think I stand: The breach occurred on 17th September when the sets had not shipped. I gave them about 3 weeks but after no formal communication got fed up and cancelled. I have the email acknowledgement to prove it.

According to my CC company, they have to refund within 30 days of your cancellation. If they don't, then I can produce the email and go for getting refunded by my CC company. So now, I've got about a 3 week wait while I hope AU refund my credit card.

Then, I'm advising my CC not to accept any more charges from AU or TheCOmicStore or AU.

If you were double-charged, you should get on your CC Company's case. Send them all the info (copies, of course) that you have and write them a long letter pointing out that you were charged twice for goods you have never received.

I'm in limbo-land at the moment and it's deeply frustrating. But the humour on this board keeps me smiling :)

Mental picture of Ross running his furtive business from a battered old shoe - Priceless!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 22nd 2002, 5:53 am

starbug wrote:Then, I'm advising my CC not to accept any more charges from AU or TheCOmicStore or AU.
I'm charged once, not double charged. Then I phoned my CCand advising not to accept any more charge from TheComicStore or AU so as to preventing AU from double charging me. However, my CC refused and said they can't do that because they now really only charged me once and there is no evident to prove that they will double charge me....
:?
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:17 am

God, doesn't that just make you sick?

I thought prevention was better than cure. Silly me. :)

If they refuse to do it, I'm cancelling my cards...

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:48 am

You could just ask 'em to change your number.....

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2002, 7:03 am

That's true, I could - but that's hassle for me; wait for new cards to be reissued, wait for them to screw it up somehow at their end etc etc. And it's the principle of the thing - they ought to be able to block a charge from one business.

I've noticed recently that whenever you request something to be done by a business entity here in the UK, it somehow gets monumentally cocked up. I am sure it's getting worse as I have suffered a rash of disasters recently.... It's so shocking when something actually happens correctly, that I'm like 'wow. Thanks SO much.'

:)

Chimpasaurus
Tino

Re: refunds

Post by Chimpasaurus » Oct 22nd 2002, 1:18 pm

I meant to say shoe!!! I was attempting to insult their headquarters but my gibberish was misinterperated (i know that is spelt wrong!!) :shock: [/b]

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:38 pm

In that case - even better :)

Sorry for mis-understanding!