Movie Poop Shoot. 1st Installment of MSCL DVD article.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Movie Poop Shoot. 1st Installment of MSCL DVD article.

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 11:06 am

Wow. I just read the first installment of the article on Movie Poop Shoot, by Derek Miner.

Since he spoke with everyone involved with this project, it will probably provide the most unbiased account of the DVD project.

The first installment is based on the time before problems, such as overcharges, started to rear their ugly heads. It was interesting, for me, to read stuff that I said back in July.

In any case, I think that somebody might have beat me to my case study idea. I would love to see my old business school reading an article from a site called Movie Poop Shoot. :)

Here is the 1st installment:
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/news/oct02/82a.html

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Oct 22nd 2002, 11:30 am

Wow, that is an interesting article. Its weird to hear about the business side of this.. I've been so obsessed with just getting the show.
The follow-up articles should definitely be interesting as well. :wink:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 11:37 am

Man, it is hard not to read this without realizing how naive I seemed back then. :shudders: And that was in July!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:01 pm

Yeah, that was a really interesting read - I'll be checking out the next instalment.

I wonder how diplomatic the writer will be.. :)

Thanks for posting it Jason; and don't feel bad. Look, without you, all the other retailers who are now selling wouldn't be. There is still a mess, but we will have a product that we all really want. You have put the DVD out there and made people take notice.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Ken
Liberty High Student

I second what starbug said

Post by Ken » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:34 pm

starbug wrote:Thanks for posting it Jason; and don't feel bad. Look, without you, all the other retailers who are now selling wouldn't be. There is still a mess, but we will have a product that we all really want. You have put the DVD out there and made people take notice.
Yeah, I agree with what starbug said. Thanks to you, Jason (and alot of other people too), we finally have our DVD, opportunity to relive MSCL whenever we want to, even though at an expensive price for some of us. For that, I am grateful. So Thanks.

Ken

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 22nd 2002, 1:13 pm

Wow. Great article. Reads like a Behind the Music episoe..

Will the next episode be the "Then the bottom fell out" episode? Dealing with the descent into drug use and hotel room trashings? Followed by everyone finding religion and doing a comeback?

Final episode, Ross paying back everyone with overcharges with interest, filling the lunch boxes with the bonus DVD, gifts and cash and sending them out, paying Jason twice what he was supposed to. Ending it with Jason and Ross holding hands and singing Kumbaya on a mountaintop while all the people who ordered it stand around holding candles.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 22nd 2002, 1:25 pm

Haha! :wink:
moviezzz wrote: Ending it with Jason and Ross holding hands and singing Kumbaya on a mountaintop while all the people who ordered it stand around holding candles.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2002, 1:41 pm

That would be freaking awesome!!!

:P

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Oct 22nd 2002, 1:51 pm

moviezzz wrote:Final episode, Ross paying back everyone with overcharges with interest, filling the lunch boxes with the bonus DVD, gifts and cash and sending them out, paying Jason twice what he was supposed to.
We'd sooner see Catalano become a rocket scientist. :lol: Sorry to edit the optimism, but somebody was gonna. Heh, twas funny tho... while it lasted. :?

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:07 pm

Quick Question though...

Are you saying that you were not originally a fan of MSCL? That is how the article is reading. I am confused (not uncommon), I was under the impression that you were a die-hard fan like the rest of us.

Just curious.

"It can't rain all the time"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:17 pm

I had watched a bunch of the episodes, but I was not really into it until I got involved here. So, my old job got me more deeply involved with the show.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:24 pm

He's a convert.

:wink:

Better late than never!

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:25 pm

Ah.... cool!

I think if more people had been aware back when it aired it would have never been cancelled.

"It can't rain all the time"

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 22nd 2002, 3:05 pm

That article really was interesting.
sigh, it just makes me ache for the dvd's that much more - with a lunch box- with a bonus disc- by...oh 4 months ago.. :cry:

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 22nd 2002, 10:40 pm

Thank God the real story is finally being revealed to people not in the know. I hope he gives credit where credit is due to this DVD set being a launchpad for so many more short-lived TV shows that never would've seen the light of day on DVD.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)