9/11 Program on CBS

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

9/11 Program on CBS

Post by K-man » Sep 9th 2002, 6:47 pm

This show was discussed in another post somewhere around here but I can't seem to find it so I'll start a new one. This Wed. (9/11/02) CBS television is going to re-run the documentary titled "9/11". It was broadcast last winter and myself and some other Lifers here were discussing how amazing it was and some folks were asking if it would ever be on again. So....in case you haven't heard it's back. This is the show produced by the French film makers who were doing a story on rookie firefighters in the FDNY. The footage of the first plane crashing was shot by them. It really is amazing (IMHO) and you-all may want to take it in.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:01 pm

My wife and I were blown away by this documentary. We taped it the first time it was on, and I have watched it a few times.

I had to fly to NYC for work on about 5 or 6 occasions between November '01 to April '02 to do indoor air sampling in the aftermath of 9/11. It made me so sad that I was getting paid to do work as a result of such a terrible event and people's suffering.

I walked around the site on several occasions and I was extremely touched by all of the handmade memorials and notes to loved ones that people had left. It was very very sad to see all of the silent and closed restaurants in the area, some with thick layers of dust on their floors. For me the worst moment was when a tourist asked me which direction it was to get to where the world trade center used to be. I don't know why, but that really bothered me.

Another event that affected me occured during November when a cell phone began ringing in one of the abandoned offices I was working in. I guess the owner of the phone had fled on 9/11 and had left it plugged into the charger. It was also weird and scary to see in November an office that had been left pretty much untouched since 9/11. There were newspapers from 9/11 opened up on people's desks, bagels, coffee cups, etc.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:22 pm

Last November, our lab ordered some carbon and hepa filtration systems. We needed them pretty urgently, but we were told that they were backlogged indefinitely so we kind of griped about it until we learned the backlog was due to the need for them in NYC. Knowing that didn't make us need the equipment any less, but we learned to get by without them a little longer.