OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE OCTOBER 21ST!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
KrokRos
Angela's best friend

OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE OCTOBER 21ST!

Post by KrokRos » Oct 21st 2002, 4:35 pm

UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE

AT LONG LAST...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
At long last the “My So-Called Life Complete DVD Set” will be shipping to everyone who ordered it from
AnotherUniverse.com. We are sincerely sorry for all the delays in getting this project finished and for that reason we
are shipping the DVD set as quickly as possible. The Lunch box and bonus DVD will be shipped free of charge at a later
date. We look forward to everyone having the sets in the quickest possible time.

BMG (the manufacturer of the sets) will be shipping them to us on 10/25. It may take up to 5-7 days for the sets to
reach our warehouse in California. We will send a short updated e-mail verifying receipt in our warehouse when it
arrives. We will then begin shipping them to all customers no later than Monday, November 4th. If it is humanly
possible, we will ship earlier. Our method of shipping will be USPS Priority Mail. We will be e-mailing each of you
with your shipping confirmation/tracking number within 24 hours of it leaving our warehouse. All orders will be
shipping freight free, no matter where in the world you are.

Included with the Bonus Disk and Lunchbox will be other bonus materials that Another Universe is sending you as an
apology for the delays and a thank you for your patience in sticking with us. As soon as we have a definitive date as
to when we will receive the lunchboxes from China, we will e-mail everyone and let you know.

We are genuinely sorry for the confusion and stress this has caused so many of you. We will diligently strive to make
amends to all of our customers who have stuck with us this entire time. It is because of you, the fans, that we took on
this project and because of your devotion to the show that you love that we will stick with this until we resolve every
challenge put in front of us.
Last edited by KrokRos on Oct 21st 2002, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Official e-mail from AU! oct 21st!

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 4:38 pm

I know that some contact is better than none, but there really is no *news* there.

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 21st 2002, 4:39 pm

Just got it - no mention of refunding the double charges though.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 21st 2002, 4:40 pm

I am sorry Jason, but I have new faith. I might have to wait longer or whatever but this is a good sign.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2002, 4:41 pm

KrokRos wrote:The Lunch box and bonus DVD will be shipped free of charge at a later date.

Included with the Bonus Disk and Lunchbox will be other bonus materials that Another Universe is sending you as an apology for the delays and a thank you for your patience in sticking with us.
I also found this interesting - the gift certificates and t-shirts will be sent to us with the lunchbox & bonus disc on that indeterminate date.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 4:42 pm

That's fine. I am glad that the public humiliation forced them to pay for the discs.

I'm just hoping that all of the overcharges are fixed. And since public humilation worked in getting BMG and GWhiz paid, I am using the same strategy so people can get their money back.
Last edited by Jason R on Oct 21st 2002, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 21st 2002, 4:43 pm

Jason - I hope so too. I hope all overcharges will be corrected.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2002, 5:02 pm

Well atleast they sent out something. Now lets see if anything actually happens. My favorite part has to be:
It is because of you, the fans, that we took on
this project and because of your devotion to the show that you love that we will stick with this until we resolve every
challenge put in front of us.
Like every challenge wasn't their own doing? It's such a challenge to steal god knows how much from people and then not pay the bills on the set that is a mere FRACTION of the whole amount taken from people.

Infomercial Man is going to so be someone's bitch in prison one day.

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Oct 21st 2002, 5:10 pm

Ummm...Should I take the fact that I got NO email as a sign that after all this, despite their having my cash in hand and my having an order number. no box set is on the horizon?

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Oct 21st 2002, 5:13 pm

Jennifer wrote:Ummm...Should I take the fact that I got NO email as a sign that after all this, despite their having my cash in hand and my having an order number. no box set is on the horizon?
I read this but got no email either, so I called to make sure my email address was correct on file (I changed it since the original order). I didn't think to ask if there was a reason I didn't get the email.
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 21st 2002, 5:30 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I know that some contact is better than none, but there really is no *news* there.
Jason, isn't this getting to be a bit much? There *is* news there. They confirmed all the rumors of it shipping to them on Friday and it heading to us soon after.

I realize you are trying to distance yourself from them, but all this hostility isn't helping anyone. The wait is finally over, we know we can get it cheaper elsewhere but some are sticking with the original order.

All this nastiness isn't helping. Let it go.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 21st 2002, 5:41 pm

moviezzz -
Did you just order the set and happen upon this board yesterday or what? I think I speak for everyone here when I say that until we are watching the DVDs and have our money back, it's far from bloody over.

Secondly, Jason's right. There is no news there.
Jason was the person who told us earlier that the DVDs would be shipping from BMG on Friday or Monday, and to allow a few days for them to get to AU. Hence, we (the people who trust Jason, and are going by experience in that department) already knew that.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 21st 2002, 5:45 pm

I agree with you that Jason's being hostile. The difference between you and I, is that I don't blame him. If I got f*cked over and was out $25,000 I'd be a hell of alot more hostile then he's been. And I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't be too pleasant in that situation either. We all have many, many, many valid reasons for being angry. I suggest that you deal with that.

john
Nicky Driscoll

Post by john » Oct 21st 2002, 5:45 pm

I never got an email either. If I don't get one by tonight, I'm calling tomorrow.

-John

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2002, 5:45 pm

moviezzz wrote: There *is* news there. They confirmed all the rumors of it shipping to them on Friday and it heading to us soon after.
Funny because based on my experience with this DVD set, 99% of the time:

words from AU=rumors

words from Jason=facts

If AU chose to be upfront with their customers, we wouldn't have to hear about it from Jason first.