Share your AU/RR Story! And a talking RR doll

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
mephisto
Angela's best friend

Share your AU/RR Story! And a talking RR doll

Post by mephisto » Oct 20th 2002, 2:06 pm

Hi guys

I had an idea: let's share our AU/RR horror stories and why we love this MSCL DVD Forum so much. Write about your experiences in the last weeks, post your artwork and your songs

In the end I will compile everything and make it available for download as PDF-File. So we'll have our own MSCL bonus item

and to all the ones who already were creative and made pictures and wrote AU/RR fanfic: may I use the material for a "Infomercial-Man"-Website? certainly I could need help to find all the stuff in this forum :lol:

and here's something for socalledfan - the RR talking doll

The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 20th 2002, 3:04 pm

Please tell me those aren't actual RR quotes in the word balloons! :(

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lizardcub » Oct 20th 2002, 3:42 pm

Mephisto, this is the greatest idea I've ever heard.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 20th 2002, 4:14 pm

Howard wrote:Please tell me those aren't actual RR quotes in the word balloons! :(
unfortunately not :roll:

they're from the Precious AU gift certificate-Thread
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 20th 2002, 4:43 pm

Well, I won't waste server space duplicating my tale... but I will provide a linky:

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1238&start=0

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Share your AU/RR Story! And a talking RR doll

Post by fnordboy » Oct 20th 2002, 4:56 pm

[quote="mephisto"]... I will compile everything and make it available for download as PDF-File. So we'll have our own MSCL bonus item

and to all the ones who already were creative and made pictures and wrote AU/RR fanfic: may I use the material for a "Infomercial-Man"-Website? certainly I could need help to find all the stuff in this forum :lol:
[\quote]

Great Idea, you sure as hell can use my infomercial man 'poster' graphic.

I dont think i was having this much fun last time i was robbed :lol:

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 20th 2002, 7:20 pm

Sammy Jankis
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Sammy Jankis » Oct 20th 2002, 9:01 pm

Here's my story thus far...

I must start off by admitting that I've never watched a single episode of MSCL. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a good show and all, but it's just that I've never seen it. My girlfriend loves the series and I thought it would be a great idea to get her the DVD set as a gift, so I performed a search of MSCL on a search engine and came upon this site. Lo and behold, after looking around, I discovered that a exclusive DVD set was being offered by AU so I purchased it then and there. Well, that was back on May 20th and the release date at the time was either June or July. No worries, I thought (even though they debited my card at the time of the preorder and not at the time of delivery as other e-tailers). July 8th came around and I was double-charged. I called AU multiple times (at least 5) and spoke with Wade each time. No progress resulted from that, so I disputed the charge with my CC company and they took care of it for me. In doing so however, AU cancelled my order and refunded my initial amount also. I decided to wait and see when the discs were finally shipping before I ordered again. I laid in wait until September came about and there was a new release date within that month, so I ordered from AU again. The release date came and gone and I didn't hear from AU, so I came to this forum to look for any news. Well, after reading some of the horror stories from other AU customers (and learning that the set was being made available on Amazon), I decided to cancel my order from AU. I cancelled every way imaginable and Ross even replied and said that he would take care of things personally. Still nothing. So, I disputed the charge with my CC company and now I'm waiting until my money is finally credited to my account. For the time being, I've pre-ordered from Amazon using the 5% discount coupon and the Share the Love 10% discount as well.

Oh yeah, my disgust for both Ross and AU has resulted in the creation of the following montage. For all those who've similarly endured through this mess, enjoy!

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 21st 2002, 9:25 am

Mephisto...I love you!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just drinking my morning coffee and HELLO!!!, spit it right out when I saw that. Currently cleaning my keyboard. :lol:

8)
SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: Share your AU/RR Story! And a talking RR doll

Post by mephisto » Oct 21st 2002, 12:08 pm

mephisto wrote:and to all the ones who already were creative and made pictures and wrote AU/RR fanfic: may I use the material for a "Infomercial-Man"-Website?
and here is the official Infomercial-Man Website

enjoy (and tell me about errors, missing credits and content)

works best with Mozilla 1, Netscape 6/7 or a newer version of Internet Explorer. Netscape 4.x is also supported

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 21st 2002, 12:33 pm

mephisto, I love the website... thanks for making me laugh!

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 21st 2002, 12:44 pm

fnordboy wrote:I dont think i was having this much fun last time i was robbed
yeah. isn't this just great? :)

actually a good business model: "we'll steal your money and make you laugh"

@Sammy: thanks for the new pic
socalledfan wrote:Mephisto...I love you!!!!
long-distance relationships are so difficult, aren't they? ;)

and I hope your keyboard is still working
pgh_kenny wrote:mephisto, I love the website... thanks for making me laugh!

no problem - and I love the song you and Lori made!

thanks for all the contributions and I hope this thread will grow

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2002, 1:10 pm

lol, great site mephisto!

katy
Overlooked Sibling

Post by katy » Oct 21st 2002, 1:24 pm

mephisto, much praise to you. while my stupid old computer didn't give me the video for infomercial-man, i did get to hear the audio...LMAO

do you think we could add some of the song lyrics from jason's thread "i want to write and post a song about this whole situation" to your webpage?
http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1245

i didn't write any, so i can't give permission to use them, but they certainly did put a smile on my face.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 21st 2002, 1:34 pm

katy wrote:mephisto, much praise to you. while my stupid old computer didn't give me the video for infomercial-man, i did get to hear the audio...LMAO
don't worry - it is only audio. I don't have the equipment to produce a little video
do you think we could add some of the song lyrics from jason's thread "i want to write and post a song about this whole situation" to your webpage?
http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1245
sure. And I would also love to include socalledfan's fanfic (Ross on the phone with Robert, etc.)

unfortunately I don't have too much time right now (final exams at university; nevertheless I HAD to create this little website). So I could really need the help of all forum members. Tell me what I can use and post the links to the respective threads.