Welcome to the new MSCL.com!

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Welcome to the new MSCL.com!

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Sep 19th 2007, 6:36 pm

I really like the new look and layout but I miss the shoutbox.
RM
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Sep 25th 2007, 10:13 pm

It's a small thing -- the banners are not working correctly. There are no pictures. You are taken to the site, though when you click on the broken box.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 26th 2007, 11:39 am

Rainey's_Mischief wrote:I really like the new look and layout but I miss the shoutbox.
RM
Thanks for your feedback. The shoutbox will come back as soon as I find a way to integrate it into the website. I also plan to feature it more prominently on our website, maybe I'll even add a "real" chat (again).
TomSpeed wrote:It's a small thing -- the banners are not working correctly. There are no pictures. You are taken to the site, though when you click on the broken box.
Thanks for letting us know. It's fixed now.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Oct 3rd 2007, 12:51 pm

The member lookup kind of goes off the page when you look someone up. I'm using Internet Explorer at the moment.

http://www.mscl.com/forum/memberlist.ph ... file&u=971
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 3rd 2007, 4:48 pm

I love the updates. I hope everyone is well!

This site looks so great maybe it will inspire a reunion somtime this century to match the ambition in coding this website.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 5th 2007, 6:04 pm

I LOVE the automatic spell check!!!! No more copying an pasting into word documents!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 21st 2007, 10:09 am

TomSpeed wrote:The member lookup kind of goes off the page when you look someone up. I'm using Internet Explorer at the moment.
Thanks for letting us know. I think I've finally fixed it now.

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » Oct 28th 2007, 6:14 pm

When looking at all the post in a thread, everything blends together and hurts my head a bit. Is there anyway to color seperate or anything to break each post up?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 29th 2007, 9:29 am

Hollywood wrote:When looking at all the post in a thread, everything blends together and hurts my head a bit. Is there anyway to color seperate or anything to break each post up?
Of course we don't want your head to hurt :-). The new forum might look a bit different (and very blue-ish), but the posts should be separate. Could you describe what you mean by "it blends together"?

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » Oct 29th 2007, 2:50 pm

Thats how mine looks also. I like the blue but what about a different color in the forum section. It would give each post more seperation and just make it stand out a bit better. Just an idea. It doesn't really hurt that much....my head that is...LOL....just a little harder reading through post.

Andrew

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 29th 2007, 7:37 pm

I was kind of having that problem myself at first -- all the blue tones were running together and I was having a hard time distinguishing things, but I'm used to it now; I, or my eyes, have adjusted, and I like the serenity of the blue. I think Hollywood makes a good point though that the there could be a slightly greater color distinction between the poster shades (every other one I mean); there is distinction now, but it is faint. On another subject, I'm still tripped by the posters' names and avatars being located on the right instead of the left side of the page. Since we read left to right, it's a bit awkward to do the reverse (assuming you care who writes what), but I also like that the site no longer has the same structure as so many other forums (well to be truthful, I've only momentarily been to another, but Natasha said that she also saw a forum with the old format). And I still love the new spell check function!! Good job MSCL Team!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 4th 2007, 9:15 am

I tweaked the colors a tiny bit and made the post titles more prominent. I hope this increases readability.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 4th 2007, 7:07 pm

Yes, that helped A LOT! Thank you so much for making that adjustment - it's much more obvious where each person's post ends and the next person's post begins!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Nov 5th 2007, 12:28 pm

I log in the forum and check the box to remain automatically logged in. I've noticed that I have to log in again when I go back to the forum when I use the Firefox browser.
TomSpeed

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » Nov 9th 2007, 11:15 pm

Much better Sascha, thank you!
Now if my new boxset would just get here....:)