Guest posting disabled

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Guest posting disabled

Post by Sascha » Aug 17th 2004, 6:09 am

Due to automatic forum spamming (there are robots for everything nowadays :evil:) and an increased number of "guest" postings from users who don't seem to be willing to read the forum rules and/or use the search function, we disabled anonymous guest postings in the "Show" and "Afterlife" forums. We may have to extend this to other forums, if the spamming continues.

Jody*

Post by Jody* » Oct 13th 2004, 7:05 pm

Hey, my home computer is down, and I can't login at work -- just saying "hi" and that Candygirl was right on the quote -- it was the bass drummer at the "Between Names" rehearsal. (Didn't want to keep you guys waiting forever.) See you soon ~ Jody Barsch*

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 15th 2005, 9:59 am

Due to some more spamming I had to disable guest postings in almost all forums. This "Announcements / Feedback" forum is still open.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 15th 2005, 5:26 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:This "Announcements / Feedback" forum is still open.
Strike that. :evil: :evil:

I have enough of "see young lesbians play" in our forum and now guest posting is disabled in all forums. Bastards. (not the guests, but the spammers, duh).

If you have trouble with your account and can't login to post, just send me an e-mail and I'll take a look at it. Remember that there's a password recovery function on the forum login page.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 16th 2005, 9:11 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:
Sascha (sab) wrote:This "Announcements / Feedback" forum is still open.
Strike that. :evil: :evil:

I have enough of "see young lesbians play" in our forum and now guest posting is disabled in all forums. Bastards. (not the guests, but the spammers, duh).

If you have trouble with your account and can't login to post, just send me an e-mail (sab@mscl.com) and I'll take a look at it. Remember that there's a password recovery function on the forum login page.
Thanks for staying on top of things Sascha.

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 1st 2005, 9:56 am

Heheh, on another forum I belong to there was some "Russian mail-order bride" spam. The admin decided to keep the thread because he figured some of the forum members might be lonely...

:-P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain