Server Outage

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Server Outage

Post by mglenn » Feb 16th 2004, 10:50 pm

Sorry folks musta had a power bump here on Sunday morning at about 4 am and I wasn't home to know about it.

For the exciting reasons why see my new thread here
Last edited by mglenn on Jun 9th 2004, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 26th 2004, 10:38 am

Just a heads up that I'm going to have to shut the power off at my house one more time this weekend sometime to wire up a new outlet next to the main panel in the house. (Power for two ethernet hubs, as well as my vonage phone unit, at my new cental wiring setup.)

The only other planned outage then is when I move the server upstairs to its new permenant home (out of my living room :D One less fan running)

Not sure when that move will happen exactly yet, but when it does it will be very short.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jun 20th 2004, 2:56 am

I noticed the site was down a little while ago (at least for me) and the news section has something about a tree limb taking out a power line? Or was that older news?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 20th 2004, 6:39 am

The "tree incident" was on June 7t. There were no outages since then -- at least not longer than 15 minutes (the server uptime gets checked automatically every 15 minutes).