NEW: MSCL.com Picture Gallery BETA

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 19th 2004, 6:31 pm

Tried to use it to post a couple pictures of my house, but I can't figure out how to get them in my album. So the ended up in the Igby Goes Down album. I can't figure out how to delete them, so Sascha, feel free to do it.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 19th 2004, 7:20 pm

It's gorgeous! You should be very proud of yourself!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 20th 2004, 5:21 am

Wow. That's your house? That's a mansion where I come from! Well done on securing yourself such a fabulous place to live :)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 20th 2004, 6:06 am

Nothingman wrote:Tried to use it to post a couple pictures of my house, but I can't figure out how to get them in my album. So the ended up in the Igby Goes Down album.
Strange. While uploading, there should be an option to move them in to one of your folders. And after uploading, you should be able to switch to a so-called "admin mode" where you can "edit the description" (and also the album) of images you uploaded. Yeah, the usability of this gallery software could be better.

Anyway, I moved the images now to your folder.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 20th 2004, 10:33 am

Thanks Sascha. I tried to select a different album, but it only gave me the option of the albums in the Claire Daines directory. I couldn't select mine. I could edit the description in admin mode, but I couldn't remove them once they ended up in the wrong place. Perhaps it was just user error since this is the first time I've messed with it, but thanks for the help.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 22nd 2004, 10:15 pm

I think you might have to create your album first, and then upload your pics. I had some similar problems when I did the test pic, but eventually I got it to work.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 30th 2006, 11:28 am

Sacha, is there a link to the user picture gallery anywhere in the side menu? I always come to this thread and click on the link here, but I was wondering if there was a simpler way that I was overlooking. Thanks!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 30th 2006, 2:05 pm

No, sorry, there's no other link to the gallery. It's still in some kind of "beta" status, not really an official feature of MSCL.com yet. I was never really happy with the gallery software, it's a bit cumbersome to use. If I ever win a few months of free time in the lottery (;-)) I will replace it with another, better software (and I'll try to figure out a way to import all the images into the new software).

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 8th 2007, 12:21 am

Sascha, I was trying to upload some images today, but the gallery kept saying something like "impossible to move image". Any way of tellling if this problem is on my end, or if it is the site? Thanks :D
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 8th 2007, 12:25 pm

Yeah, there are some bugs in the gallery software. Anyway, I installed an update and it seems to work now. Try it again.

http://www.mscl.com/gallery