MSCL Map?

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2004, 3:53 am

I've read this thread all the way through several times, but I just can't seem to get it to work for me ... Anybody want to help poor technicaly-confused Jody? :puppydogeyes:
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 9th 2004, 4:32 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:I've read this thread all the way through several times, but I just can't seem to get it to work for me ... Anybody want to help poor technicaly-confused Jody? :puppydogeyes:
Oh, sorry, I just noticed that there is something wrong with the MSCL map. The software is missing an important piece. I totally forgot about the MSCL map when we upgraded our server last month. I'll try to fix it sometime this week - i'll post here when it's done.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2004, 5:41 am

You're awesome SAB!

Uh-oh, that breaks the tie Grim, it's all rear view from here! -- Totally just kidding, you'll be way ahead of me again in no time, especially when my school year starts (oh crap, I'm just realizing -- summer vacation doesn't last all year?! :shock: )
Do you ever get obsessed with the rear view mirror, like while you're driving?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 9th 2004, 8:37 am

Congrats on passing me Jody and don't worry I'll look just as good in your rearview mirror as i did from behind. 8) :wink:
As for summer vacation, I can't wait for it to be over. By then end of August I'll be reaching that light at the end of the tunnell. The vacation factor does make me recondisder teaching as a profession. And a lot of teachers in Ontario anyway tend to retire in their mid fifties (they have a great pension package) and then summer vacation would last all year. But if I were to become a teacher it's more likely I'd do it for 5 years or so and then move on to a different career.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2004, 11:36 am

grim4746 wrote:Congrats on passing me Jody and don't worry I'll look just as good in your rearview mirror as i did from behind. 8) :wink:.
I'm sure of it!
grim4746 wrote:But if I were to become a teacher it's more likely I'd do it for 5 years or so and then move on to a different career.
Sometimes I think the same thing. A job you don't have to take home sounds really appealing! Maybe I'll take a job with, you know, those guys, up in the mountains... :P

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 9th 2004, 10:38 pm

Vacation isn't even over yet and you are running for the mountains? Well I'm sure you'll make the best snow ever. Just make sure they have web access before you pack your bags.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 12th 2004, 9:42 am

It's working again. It's really a lousy script. If I ever have some more time, I'll try to find a way to zoom in and edit/modify entries.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 12th 2004, 9:54 am

hmm, well Jody Barsh* made it onto the map but it appears she's now living in Los Angeles, China or maybe she's just gone to China for her fishing trip.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 15th 2004, 1:09 am

grim4746 wrote:hmm, well Jody Barsh* made it onto the map but it appears she's now living in Los Angeles, China or maybe she's just gone to China for her fishing trip.
Ha, Ha! I fooled you! This whole thing about being a Southern California English teacher was just a ruse! I am really a Cormorant fishermen in China!
here
here
here

Anyway, I did say I needed help with this (that was posted a long time ago)
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Aug 15th 2004, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 15th 2004, 6:21 am

The problem is in most cases that you have to enter a negative value for the longtitude (2nd value) if you live in north/south america or western europe. If you forget this negative value, you'll end up in Asia ;-)

I fixed now the values, but it's pretty crowded in the USA, so the entries are overlapping each other until I find a way to add some kind of zoom function.

http://www.mscl.com/threerivers/fans.phtml

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 15th 2004, 7:42 am

I added a "cheap" version of a zoom function. It's just an additional image for the US. Europe is a bit more difficult.

ETA: Europe is now done too.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 15th 2004, 12:08 pm

Wow! SAB -- you got skills! Thanks for all the time and work you put into these details! :clap: Well, it looks from the map that it's time to resume my old identity ... (sniff) ... sometimes ... it's just so hard living a lie :cry:

:P

I thought you lived in LA Candygirl ... did I make that up?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 15th 2004, 6:41 pm

Either you totally made that up or you remembered that I said I lived there for two years.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 15th 2004, 7:31 pm

Really could have been either :lol:

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Apr 13th 2005, 3:15 pm

Okay, this is just not right. I've been exiled to the wrong country, much less continent! Why couldn't it just have placed me in Beijing, Tokyo or Seoul? Grrrr... ;)
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"