Y2K3 problem

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Y2K3 problem

Post by Sascha » Dec 31st 2002, 1:23 pm

Looks like the forum has a small NewYear-Problem: Everyone got one year older today according to the birthday data displayed in the forum :o. I don't know yet what's causing this, maybe it's just today because of some time-zone miscalculation on New Year, but I'll figure it out. Next Year. :-)

This is also my last posting for 2002 (at least in my timezone), so thanks everyone for keeping MSCL alive for yet another year :) It was a very exciting year for all MSCL fans with lots of ups and downs. Anyway, let's hope for a great 2003!

Until then, enjoy the rest of 2002 ... as we say here in Germany: "Guten Rutsch!" ;-)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 31st 2002, 1:32 pm

Sascha, Thank YOU for all your work/input here at MSCL.com! Including getting the new forum and all it's wonderful functions up and running! Here's to an even better year in 2003! Cheers!!!!!!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Thanks Sascha

Post by lance » Dec 31st 2002, 4:51 pm

Sascha,

Happy New Year to you too! Let me add to what K-Man has said. In the brief time that I have been wtih MSCL I have been deeply touched and pleased with the warm, welcoming atmosphere provided by Sascha and the rest of the MSCL team. Thank you all for a 2002 that would have been much harder and less pleasant without you. Thanks MSCL.com, thanks Sascha. Here's to a sucessful and prospers New Year for all the MSCL'ers out there.

Best,

Lance

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Thanks Sascha

Post by fnordboy » Dec 31st 2002, 7:57 pm

I have to second what Lance has said. This is by far the best forum. There is no real fighting amongst any of us, there aren't any annoying "I'll answer your question, but this should be posted in the XXXXXX forum" posts ever other post. That is a major pet peeve of mine on forums :evil: . Everyone here seems to help out each other. I always have a great time on here.

So Happy New Year everyone. Let's make 2002 look like a slow year on the forums in 2003 (of course without the help of Ross Rojek and his thieving)!
lance wrote:Sascha,

Happy New Year to you too! Let me add to what K-Man has said. In the brief time that I have been wtih MSCL I have been deeply touched and pleased with the warm, welcoming atmosphere provided by Sascha and the rest of the MSCL team. Thank you all for a 2002 that would have been much harder and less pleasant without you. Thanks MSCL.com, thanks Sascha. Here's to a sucessful and prospers New Year for all the MSCL'ers out there.

Best,

Lance

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 1st 2003, 9:07 am

Happy New Year everyone! (and thanks for the kind words!).

It's 2pm over here and I'm finally awake :-).

Looks like the so-called Y2K3 problem somehow disappeared over the night, I'm now 27 again. Gooood. :-)

Oh, I need a new avatar....

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Jan 2nd 2003, 10:40 am

fnordboy wrote:there aren't any annoying "I'll answer your question, but this should be posted in the XXXXXX forum" posts ever other post.
Thats cause I'd be forced over the deepend if that started! :twisted: I can't stand that. If you have so little time as to deal with a question posted in the wrong area, then I say you should relax and consider whether you even have time to read any posts. But then we also don't have a signel to noise problem here either, which is a tribute to all of you and not really the Project Team.

PS: Sascha, Love the new Avatar!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 2nd 2003, 12:16 pm

Yes, the posters on this board are definitely more relaxed and cooler than any other board I posted on. I love the laid back atmosphere and attitudes of both the posters and the MSCL Team. I wish I could explain to my husband why I am so addicited! :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 2nd 2003, 7:08 pm

Megs wrote:Yes, the posters on this board are definitely more relaxed and cooler than any other board I posted on. I love the laid back atmosphere and attitudes of both the posters and the MSCL Team. I wish I could explain to my husband why I am so addicited! :lol:
Once you get sucked in, you can't stay away!

:D

But in a GOOD way!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 2nd 2003, 7:27 pm

This has been the most fun I've had on the net for a long time. I've met some fantastic people, become a mod, and I've reclaimed some excitement to work on my other projects.

It's simply a pleasure to come here. :)

Gary