New forums, new moderators

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

New forums, new moderators

Post by Sascha » Dec 11th 2002, 7:00 am

Hi everyone!

I finally had the time to split the forums and create the new moderator accounts etc.

As you probably noticed, there are now two DVD forums. The plain DVD forum is intended for all owners (or future owners) of the DVDs to discuss technical issues or things like custom made covers or subtitles. It's also the place to ask questions about how to get the DVDs etc.

The second forum, the AnotherUniverse MSCL DVD Cutsomer Forum is only of use for fans who bought (or want to buy) their box set at AnotherUniverse.com. This is the place to discuss the status of the refunds, bonus discs, lunchboxes, shipping costs etc. Note: This is not a general AU complaint forum. If you have trouble with AU, but not related to the MSCL DVDs, please choose another website to discuss your problems. Hopefully, the forum will be obsolete in a few months... but this is not in our hands :-o

We're also very thankful that some forum members have agreed to act as new moderators in the forum: The "Show" forum is now moderated by Candygirl, The "Afterlife" Forum by GaryEA.

Lance and Tom (fnordboy) will take care of both DVD forums.

Jason will step back a little bit and can now focus on real problems regarding AnotherUniverse and DVD issues. He's not longer an official moderator of the DVD forums, but he will continue to post in this forum and support everyone with AU problems as he did in the past months (and we're very thankful for that!). The "technical" task of moderating the DVD forums will now be in the hands of Lance and Tom ("fnordboy").

And of course, we (the MSCL.com Team) will continue to monitor the forum as before.

Please support the new moderators in their new job, we're all volunteers here, our goal is to provide a nice and friendly community for fans of "My So-Called Life" - and with your help, we'll be able to continue this for a long time... :-)

And I have to add some legal babble here: All messages on this bulletin board represent the personal opinion of the individual posting the message. MSCL.com and the moderators do not assume any responsibility for verifying the identity of any participant or for the content of any message posted here. The forum moderators do not necessarily reflect the views of the MSCL.com team. Any discussion made in this forum is independent of the opinions expressed on the site MSCL.com.

Again, I'd like to use this opportunity to thank those volunteers to help us organising this community - and I'd also like to thank everyone here who visits this forum and participates! It's really amazing to see how it keeps growing (900+ users and counting).

Keep LIFE alive! :-)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Even more new forums!

Post by Sascha » Jan 26th 2003, 8:16 am

I almost forgot the official announcement: As you probably noticed, we split the old Off-Topic forum into five new forums in a whole new "Off-Topic" section:

- Other TV Shows
- Movies
- Music
- Your So-Called Life
- Everything Else

The reason for this step was mainly the fact that the Off-Topic forum got more and more crowded and it made sense to give TV shows and other topic areas their own forum.

Many newbies also didn't seem to know what to expect from a so-called "Off-Topic" forum and didn't even bother to look there. I hope that the new forums make it more visible "on first sight" what can be discussed there.

Have fun :-)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 19th 2003, 7:15 pm

As Megs is now the moderator of our new Books & Stories forum, please send well wishes and bribes her way!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 19th 2003, 9:22 pm

WTG Megs.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jun 20th 2003, 12:17 am

Congrats Megs!

:D

Gary

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 20th 2003, 9:28 am

Thanks. I take any and all bribes. Particularly money and vanilla cream-filled donuts.

:wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

megs

Post by lance » Jun 20th 2003, 10:28 am

Way to go Megs!

Best,

Lance Man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 5th 2004, 1:23 am

Strange, Megs is a moderator, but her title is "Lifehead". All the other mods have their post ranks replaced with "Moderator"...

:?:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 5th 2004, 1:25 am

Nostradamus wrote:Strange, Megs is a moderator, but her title is "Lifehead". All the other mods have their post ranks replaced with "Moderator"...

:?:
I resigned my post as Moderator a few months ago... I think I still have Mod rights, but just my title has changed. I don't know why. I'm not complaining, though. Not that I would use my power for evil or anything. :P
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 5th 2004, 2:22 am

We know you won't run amok. Hey, did you just edit my post?!

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 5th 2004, 2:33 am

candygirl wrote:We know you won't run amok. Hey, did you just edit my post?!

:lol:
hahaha, I don't think so! Isn't that called "pulling a Sascha"? :wink:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 5th 2004, 11:55 am

Megs wrote:hahaha, I don't think so! Isn't that called "pulling a Sascha"? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: