Claire Danes dress for sale...

Looking for "My So-Called Life" items or willing to part with one?
Forum rules
Please note that we will delete all requests or offers for illegal bootleg copies of the show or bonus materials.
Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Claire Danes dress for sale...

Post by Hollywood » Sep 24th 2006, 4:18 pm

Stumbled across this on eBay,

link

It could be real but not sure.

oaksand
Overlooked Sibling

Post by oaksand » Sep 26th 2006, 4:35 pm

wow could be real check out some of the other items (not mscl) some people are obsessive

SergeiEsenin
Frozen Embryo

It's definitely authentic.

Post by SergeiEsenin » Oct 1st 2006, 4:01 am

It's definitely authentic. The seller did misremember one thing though--it wasn't the same dress worn in the pilot or poster, but it was worn by Claire Danes in the second episode and elsewhere. Her character wore several similar plaid dresses and skirts often, so that's understandable.

I compared the dress for sale to the dress on the DVD of episode 2, magnified on a 100" video projector, and the patterns and seams are 100% identical. It would be almost impossible to find or make a dress that completely identical, since it's plaid and even a few millimeters of variation in alignment are easy to spot.

That's my opinion as a prop and wardrobe collector, anyway. The seller is including a letter with more details about how she acquired the dress and such--I'm the guy who won the auction, by the way. :-) I really can't wait for it to arrive; it's going to look amazing displayed on a dressmaker's form, in a plexiglass display case.

I'm so excited to be getting a real, unique piece of the show--worn by Claire Danes herself, no less. My collection includes props and wardrobe used on other shows (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, ER, Andromeda, Tru Calling, Degrassi, Firefly, Charmed), but this is an unexpected and rare find and might end up being my favorite item.

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » Oct 14th 2006, 1:53 pm

Nice score! We would love to see a some more pics when it arrives.
Congrats!

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Mar 24th 2007, 1:12 am

I remember seeing this auction. Nice find. I would have bid on it but I didn't have that kind of cash to spend. Congrats!