Unofficial Soundtrack

Looking for "My So-Called Life" items or willing to part with one?
Forum rules
Please note that we will delete all requests or offers for illegal bootleg copies of the show or bonus materials.
sweettart

CD

Post by sweettart » Oct 15th 2002, 4:55 pm

Hi,
I just posted about the soundtrack, but didn't leave my email address.
It is stephanieclong@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 15th 2002, 6:01 pm

I already posted this reply in another thread regarding the soundtrack, but FYI:

I will admit that it took longer than I anticipated to send out the last batch of soundtracks, mostly due to the fact that I did not have time to get to the post office (today I spent an entire hour at the post office and never got to the front of the line). For that reason (and due to the fact that I am not independently wealthy), I am now switching to B&P. For those of you who are unfamiliar with B&P, you can read all about it at http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/

I have already said this in other threads regarding the soundtrack, but let me reiterate: If you are interested in receiving the unofficial soundtrack, DO NOT post a reply in this thread asking me to email you. Instead, PM me for details or email me at mscl_cds@hotmail.com

katy
Overlooked Sibling

Post by katy » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:41 pm

candygirl,
i know you already read my post over in the DVD forum about recently getting my copy of the Unofficial Soundtrack, but i just thought i'd take a moment to thank you here. i've been listening to it all last night and all this morning (and i don't foresee this stopping any time soon)...i don't know who put this together to begin with, but it's an amazing compilation...thanks for all your hard work.

btw, i love your avatar and your posts...they always put a smile on my face :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:59 pm

I know that reading all the negativity in the DVD forum can be a downer, but that is not what MSCL is all about. Sharing the unofficial soundtrack is a lot more representative of the community at mscl.com and I'm glad to be another link in that chain.

Did you really just receive your CDs today? Spank me with a spatula, but I really don't understand how the postal system has been working lately. I mailed them out from California on a Friday (October 4) and by Monday (October 7), people on the East Coast and the UK had already received theirs yet someone who lives less than an hour from me didn't get hers until days later. Mine is not to question why...

:D

katy
Overlooked Sibling

Post by katy » Oct 22nd 2002, 4:10 pm

i actually didn't get the sets directly from you. you sent them to a friend of mine in arizona, and then she burned me a copy of hers (we figured just one of us would request a copy...many hands make light work and all). so there was a turn around of a couple weeks there...but given how many cds you have burned for people and given that i got mine from you by extension, i figured you deserved a share in the thanks...
oh, and btw, i'm making a copy for another friend of mine...just keeping sharing that MSCL love.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2002, 5:39 pm

That makes a lot more sense! I was worried that the USPS had been overtaken by AU.

:wink:

billy

copy of the unofficial soundtrack

Post by billy » Dec 8th 2002, 1:35 pm

hi there

I too live in the Uk - very interested in gettting hold of a copy - can anyone help me at all?

e-mail me at pbilly36@ntlworld.com

thanks everyone :D

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 11th 2002, 1:05 pm

Okay, I've gotta ask...

What's on the unofficial soundtrack? PM me if writing it here could cause the earth to crack, or worse, get people in trouble. :)

Gary

p.s. Man, does this show have fan support of what?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 11th 2002, 1:11 pm

GaryEA wrote:Okay, I've gotta ask...

What's on the unofficial soundtrack? PM me if writing it here could cause the earth to crack, or worse, get people in trouble. :)

Gary

p.s. Man, does this show have fan support of what?
Ditto for me. I'm interested in it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2002, 2:52 pm

The entire track listing is available here: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545

I should add that track 12 on disc 2 is listed as "Make It Home" by Juliana Hatfield, but it is actually a medley of all the songs from So-Called Angels.

As I said earlier, anyone who is interested should read http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/ for instructions regarding B&P and then PM me here or email me at mscl_cds@hotmail.com
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

klee
Tino

2 versions of fan-made soundtrack?

Post by klee » Feb 6th 2003, 3:51 am

Help!
Candygirl was kind enough to burn me a CD copy of the 'so-called Soundtrack', but when it arrived, I was surprised to discover that it is completely different from the original one created by Sherry Mann and circulated on cassette tape back in 1995.
(I don't know how to insert scans of the cassette sleeve here, but I can provide them by email if someone else knows how to.)
Sherry's soundtrack has dialogue from the series between each song, and is absolutely brilliant; I've been wishing for it on CD for ages, so I could enjoy it on my Discman. Does anyone know if this version exists on CD? Can anyone help me get a copy?
Many thanks,
K

Tape tracklisting:
Side 1
Opening Theme - WG Snuffy Walden
Spin The Bottle - Juliana Hatfield
I Wanna Be Sedated - Rayanne & Jordan
I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
Confetti - The Lemonheads
Perfect Girl- The Cure
Dreams - The Cranberries
Star - Blake Babies
If I Can't Change Your Mind - Sugar
Sesame Street - Rayanne
Drop Out - Urge Overkill
What Is Love - Haddaway
Please, Please, Please... - The Smiths
Angela's Dance - WG Snuffy Walden
ABC Promo

Side 2
Blister In The Sun - The Violent Femmes
Red - Jordan
Spray - Courtney Love
Late At Night - Buffalo Tom
Balentine - Bettie Seveert
I Don't Think So - Dinosaur Jr.
Divorce Song - Liz Phair
Try - Billy Pilgrim
Return To Innocence - Enigma
Bizarre Love Triangle - Frente!
Closing Theme/Bedford Falls

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 6th 2003, 4:03 am

FYI - the unofficial soundtrack that is currently being distributed was compiled by forum members (most notably OldGuy) in 1999 using the track listing at mscl.com (located in the so-called encyclopedia) with audio clips from the show.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 6th 2003, 7:26 pm

:shock:

Oh jeez! I totally forgot to get those discs to you candy!

Sorry! Will do next week.

:oops:

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 6th 2003, 7:48 pm

No rush - whenever you have time to get to the post office!

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 6th 2003, 8:04 pm

Thanks!

Gary