Does anyone have experience with this seller?

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
JasonM
Tino

Does anyone have experience with this seller?

Post by JasonM » Oct 11th 2006, 4:05 pm

Hi folks,

I'm new here, I was thinking of buying a dvd set off ebay, but I wanted to see if anyone in the forum has bought from this seller who goes by "shoot.john".

[LINK REMOVED. sab.]

I saw a bunch of posts here about bootlegs or dvds that don't play, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks,

JM

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 11th 2006, 5:34 pm

Well, I don't have any experience with that seller, but he's clearly selling illegal bootleg copies (the pictures show six silver discs - the original BMG set contains only five discs in different colors). That's also the reason why I had to remove the link from your post, but it's probably still easy to find -- they're all over ebay.

If you look into this seller's history you'll see that he sold quite a few of these copies over the past weeks (he actually only sold MSCL discs) and this isn't probably his first account. But the buyers seem to be happy.

Just doing the math: he's currently asking about $35 per set -- how much do 6 printable DVDs plus a case for 6 DVDs cost? Less than $5. So he makes about $30 profit per set. And he probably sold hundreds of them.

Geez, Buena Vista is really stupid for not issuing a re-release. There's obviously still a huge demand.

JasonM
Tino

Post by JasonM » Oct 11th 2006, 6:42 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Sascha.