lunchbox set

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
digitald
Frozen Embryo

lunchbox set

Post by digitald » Oct 25th 2005, 2:06 am

Moderator note: sale post split from this thread and moved to the For Sale or Wanted forum

Hey all,

I was digging through my dvd collection and found the MSCL lunchbox that i waited and waited forever for. My bonus disc is still wrapped in the protective bubble wrap. I never knew about the drama surrounding all this. So how many of these are in existence?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 25th 2005, 10:08 am

I have the lunchbox and dvd, but I think there might be other threads for this topic...
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 25th 2005, 1:22 pm

I believe AnotherUniverse once said that they ordered 2,500 lunchboxes (the metal boxes) from Hongkong. But I guess noone knows exactly how many were actually shipped to customers.

Regarding the total number of DVD sets produced by BMG, I think Jason once mentioned something about 25,000 sets. I could be wrong though.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 3rd 2005, 1:06 am

Hi Sascha,

I was told, perhaps incorrectly, (by the former VP of BMG Special Products) that the DVD shipped close to 100k units.

4,000 lunchboxes were made. About half of those were shipped by AU even though all were paid for. Operation Lunchbox shipped another 1,300 to people who could still be reached at their old email addresses.

Disney has been invited to reclaim the remaining lunchboxes which still reside only about 1 mile from the old AU headquarters in Sacramento. After the project and my subsequent illness and recovery, I am no longer continuing that project. Since the boxes are not for individual sale, it was either that or send them to the scrap heap.

Incidentally, I finally got my hands on a lunchbox and bonus disc a few years ago -- from all places, eBay. (The folks at AU weren't very friendly with me at the time).

I combined that with my DVD Box set and I have a complete collector's edition (complete with certificate of authenticity). I have thought of auctioning it on eBay with proceeds going to The American Cancer Society. I fully believe that the set I have is cursed. :twisted:

BristolMSCL
Frozen Embryo

Post by BristolMSCL » Dec 23rd 2005, 7:58 pm

Hi Jason,

I haven't been on this site since i received my lunchbox, bonus disk and cd box set. I love them!
Thank you for all your help in getting the DVD out, i think i remember saying over on the other website that you deserved a knighthood!!

However, i see you mention a certifcate of authencity. Were these DVS's meant to receive one? Just wondering if it's affects the value as i've already seen the box set alone sell at over £100 more than i paid for it!!

Not to worry if they didn't - just wondering!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 23rd 2005, 8:02 pm

No, they were not supposed to have a certificate of Authenticity -- but Ross Rojek offered one to try to stop people from cancelling AU orders when the exclusive set was offered elsewhere.

The certificate might have some nostalgia value to it, but that's about all.

BristolMSCL
Frozen Embryo

Post by BristolMSCL » Dec 23rd 2005, 8:03 pm

Thanks Jason, great news!

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Jan 6th 2006, 12:28 pm

is there any way to get my lunchbox? i completely forgot about this over the years. i had thought they were never getting made. just starting re-watching the show again w/my g/f and realized i never got my box/bonus disc.

what can i do? thanks!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 6th 2006, 3:44 pm

Not anymore, unfortunately. There was a project for about 6 months. I tried reaching everyone by email. If it weren't for spam, and the filters brought about to fight it, I would have probably reached more people.

schrijverdan
Frozen Embryo

Post by schrijverdan » Jan 13th 2006, 6:36 pm

Hey Jason! Thanks for all the efforts to make the dvd/lunchbox idea a reality. I got my package here in Brazil in the first official non-us/europe release...

I still have some papers I got from snail mail claiming my package was authentic. guess they sent me the certificate but not the goods..

Anyway. it''s been so long ago. I hope you got your other projets done!

Take care.

dan
(old member, new subsctiption, since I forgot my passoword and e-mail)
New member since I don't remember my old account. 8-(

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Jan 19th 2006, 2:21 pm

Jason R wrote:Not anymore, unfortunately. There was a project for about 6 months. I tried reaching everyone by email. If it weren't for spam, and the filters brought about to fight it, I would have probably reached more people.
ah... that sucks. :(

probably changed my email since them, in fact i'm sure i did. i guess that's all you could do. thanks for trying!

Angel Marie
Frozen Embryo

Post by Angel Marie » Apr 22nd 2006, 2:07 am

I never even knew a lunchbox w/ mscl ever existed.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 23rd 2006, 11:14 am

Angel Marie wrote:I never even knew a lunchbox w/ mscl ever existed.
Yes, the lunchbox was made several years after the show was cancelled - as part of the DVD release, it wasn't available while the show was originally airing. If you haven't already done so, you can use the Search function to find the pictures of the lunchbox that are posted on the site. If you want to read up on the whole history of the lunchboxes, go to "Another Universe and DVD Release" forum. It's been locked (which is explained in the "Announcements" forum), but you can still read about the long and frustrating ordeal. Welcome to the forum Angel Marie (is that a play on Angela and Rayanne Marie?)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !