EXTRAS

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Mdanner423
Tino

EXTRAS

Post by Mdanner423 » Mar 29th 2003, 8:28 pm

Hey!

I am wanting to compile an Extras DVD. Does anyone have any interviews, commentaires, episode previews (did those exist). And this might be a stupid question but ive never seen the show aired, does it always go straight to the opening credits and no teaser.

Matthew

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 29th 2003, 8:52 pm

Nope, no teasers or previouslies for MSCL.

There aren't any episode commentaries either.

Interviews with BF have been filmed for the Another Universe bonus disc, but they have not seen the light of day yet.

There is also a panel discussion from the Museum of Television and Radio that is supposed to be on the AU bonus disc, but we're not holding our breath over them ever producing the bonus disc.

The other "bonus" thing that does exist is the cast introducing videos and the MSCL episodes on MTV - I know that Claire Danes, Jared Leto, and Devon Odessa definitely participated. Possibly other cast members as well, but it's been years since that aired.

There are three Claire interviews on David Letterman available in the yearbook section of this website.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Mdanner423
Tino

Post by Mdanner423 » Mar 29th 2003, 10:10 pm

So when the show aired, there werent any like, Next Week on My So Called Life. Or the stations didnt show promos or anything? Is that not odd?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 29th 2003, 10:32 pm

Quite honestly, my memory isn't 100% on this because it was almost 10 years ago. I think that there may have been previews for the next week's episodes, but there definitely weren't teasers or previouslies.

I have long since taped over the original episodes that I recorded from ABC, so I can't be completely sure about the previews.

I remember there were some promos that ran before the show premiered - some of them focused on Angela while others were about Patty and Graham. Since I had read a great Sassy interview with Claire Danes (and did Sassy love MSCL!), I remember being a little confused by the ads with Patty and Graham - not many shows that focused on teenagers ran ads with the parents (imagine the Wonder Years or 90210 running ads on the respective parents).

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Mdanner423
Tino

Post by Mdanner423 » Mar 29th 2003, 10:34 pm

Ah, I see. Well, what about you other people? Do you have the original ABC Recordings, could you check and see if you see any promos or anything?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 29th 2003, 11:52 pm

There were parents on 90210?
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

sine
Three Rivers Resident

Re: EXTRAS

Post by sine » Mar 30th 2003, 11:28 am

Mdanner423 wrote:I am wanting to compile an Extras DVD. Does anyone have any interviews, commentaires, episode previews (did those exist).
If you qualify plain ads to the Extras dvd: there's atleast one vhs box set ad made for tv. I've seen the whole 30 second clip (.mov) at some Claire Danes/MSCL related site, but that must've been atleast a year ago -- I did some light weight searching and couldn't find it now...
But hey, the fan-made extras dvd sounds interesting; please report back as the project progresses!
G: it's a problem, when everybody is spitting in the same spittoon (I mean cuspidor). are you following my drift?
D: barely, but let's pretend that I am

-- New Planet, Milwaukee Youth Center Choir

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 30th 2003, 12:05 pm

TomSpeed wrote:There were parents on 90210?
Hee. You made me laugh. How can anyone forget ole Jim and Cindy Walsh. And Jack McKay? Good stuff. :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 30th 2003, 7:03 pm

Let's be fair - Kelly's drunk mother ruined the fashion show too! Then she married David Silver's philandering dad. Good stuff.

:D

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 31st 2003, 2:44 pm

candygirl wrote:Let's be fair - Kelly's drunk mother ruined the fashion show too! Then she married David Silver's philandering dad. Good stuff.

:D
Hee. Mel and Jackie, of course! And how about Steve's adopted actress mother?

:wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

missmarmalade
Nicky Driscoll

Post by missmarmalade » Apr 26th 2003, 3:42 pm

Sorry this is (very) late...

My tapes of the original ABC airings show no previews for the next episode...and almost every one of my episodes include the end credits, and since they usually air previews before the end credits, I'm assuming they never did previews.

Hope that helps!

xxx,
Nita