New Fan- Buys DVDs

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Mdanner423
Tino

New Fan- Buys DVDs

Post by Mdanner423 » Mar 22nd 2003, 9:10 pm

Hey!

Well, I am late to get onto this journey. I am 17, so when the show came out i was mearly 8 and If I ever saw it I couldnt remember it. Anyway, 3 days ago a friend asked me to watch a recording he had of the show, so I did. Instantly in love with it. So i went home, did my research, found out there was only one season :(, but then found out that the season is out on DVD. So, I order it for 44 dollars from shopping.yahoo.com

It will come in next week... So now im on these forums and am reading all about this neat lunchbox and bouns disc. Well, however neat the lunchbox is, I dont think it is a 70 dollar lunch box. But what I am interested in is the bonus material? Do I understand right that the standard dvd boxset has no bonus materials?

Thanks!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 22nd 2003, 9:39 pm

You are correct - the DVD set contains absolutely no bonus materials, just the 19 original episodes.

The bonus disc and lunchbox were part of the "exclusive" set sold by Another Universe. Those of us who pre-ordered (and pre-paid without our authorization) the set as early as February 2002 for $100 have yet to see any bonus materials or anything else that AU promised us.

The lunchboxes are still overseas, and the bonus disc has not been pressed. Even if the lunchboxes and bonus discs were at AU's warehouse, the company does not have the funds to ship the materials out. They still have not refunded all of the customers who were triple charged for the sets last year.

Count yourself lucky that you only paid $44 for the set. You got quite a bargain compared to many of us!

Welcome to the forum - let us know what you think of the rest of the series once you have watched the remaining episodes!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Mar 25th 2003, 11:06 pm

Yes, as Candygirl so eloquently put it you ARE fortunate to only pay $44 for the show. On a happier note, how exciting you are just now seeing the show! :D You may want to avoid the forum until you have a chance to watch the DVD's if you don't want to know how it all turns out though. Just something you may want to consider. Anyway; welcome!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Kheldy
Tino

Post by Kheldy » Mar 27th 2003, 3:51 am

Oh common, no features?

-Remastered in 5.1 Surround Sound
-Instant Chapter Access
-Full Motion Interactive Menus
-English Subtitles

Common look at that unending list of glorious features, and the 5.1 sound even echos - that's gotta be like 5.2 or 5.3 ;)

Oh and english subtitles, just incase you're deaf - now there's a bonus, unfortunately I'm not benefitting from it.

Instant chapter access just means I have to go through two menus to get to the start of an episode ;)

But the full motion menu's - irresistible.

Meh - The best feature isn't even listed - Contains all 19 Episodes.
:)
-Dave

---
"mooo" - cow

Mdanner423
Tino

Post by Mdanner423 » Mar 29th 2003, 5:56 pm

Hey,

Been watching the dvds, very cool show, cant understand why it was canceled. I think the audio and video are both EXTREMELY good quality, the only thing is the menus, Ive made nicer menus with ULEAD DVD WORKSHOP. But, all in all, its great to have, and well priced.

Matthew

Kheldy
Tino

Post by Kheldy » Mar 29th 2003, 6:10 pm

Yes, I foudn the show's video and audio to be very good aswell, just not the remastered 5.1.

And just 'cause you got a good price doesn't mean we did :cry: :P

Glad you like it though.

Overall it is definately obvious it was done on a tight budget, but as I mentioned previously the best feature is that all 19 episodes are included :D
-Dave

---
"mooo" - cow