chapters

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

chapters

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 1:40 am

I know we already bitched about the tackiness of the menus and the ridiculous titles they came up with for the chapters, but I have one more complaint. It's minor, really, but it really could have been avoided.

I have this problem with the DVD remote control - for some reason, the buttons don't exactly work. It's not the batteries - I have put in new ones, rotated them, turned them upside down, massaged them, prayed to them, everything. The buttons work about once every twenty times, so imagine trying to scroll down to the last episode on the disc. And it only works if I hold the remote LITERALLY two inches from the front of the player. Arrgghh!!! We got the DVD player for free when we bought the tv, so I can't complain too much, but the only buttons on the actual DVD player are play, stop, eject, rewind, and forward. No up and down buttons that work on the main menu. Soooo after I spent five minutes cursing at the remote control and banging it on the floor, I ended up hitting play at the main menu and then using the forward button to the beginning of each chapter.

In the process, I learned that whichever nitwit was assigned to do determine the chapter breaks didn't always do a very good job. For example, in the Zit one of the chapters ends while Rickie is explaining his eyeliner to Brian. Instead of a clean break where the bell rings or the screen goes black (as is common in MSCL), the beginning of the chapter shows Rickie saying he likes the way it looks. If they had waited, I don't know, ten more seconds, the chapter would begin with Angela in the bathroom. LAME!

This was just sloppiness or laziness or whatever you want to call it, but avoidable nonetheless.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?