Amazon.CA order ships...

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
so-called customer
Between Names

Amazon.CA order ships...

Post by so-called customer » Nov 21st 2002, 3:46 pm

Hmmm, after having the MSCL set delisted at Amazon.ca, and numerous people being told it was unavailable, I just got shipping confirmation on my order.... :roll:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 21st 2002, 3:51 pm

there may have been limited quantity for amazon.ca, and since it is all owned by amazon.com anyway, they probably figure more people would get it through the us.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 21st 2002, 4:03 pm

The point is that many who ordered from Amazon.ca were told their orders wouldn't be fulfilled. I figured I'd let mine sit to see how long it took them to tell me it wasn't available, and lo and behold it ships.

I'm sure those who had to scramble to place new orders elsewhere are going to be upset by this.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 21st 2002, 4:05 pm

another possible explanation:

i don't believe that there were separate wholesale prices for US and Canada, so if Canada's price is much cheaper in US dollars, they might have decided to allocate more to the US.

bu actually, on second thought, since when is Amazon interested in making profit? nevermind.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 21st 2002, 5:01 pm

so-called customer wrote:I'm sure those who had to scramble to place new orders elsewhere are going to be upset by this.
No kidding. I was relieved when Amazon.ca opened for business, because it gave me an alternative to dealing with Chapters.ca. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be much better than Chapters, which has a nasty habit of cancelling orders without bothering to send out any sort of notification.

I guess in the future, I'll have to stick with Amazon.com, and hope the exchange rate doesn't get any worse than it is now.

Is this how e-commerce is supposed to work?

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Nov 22nd 2002, 8:14 am

so-called customer wrote:I'm sure those who had to scramble to place new orders elsewhere are going to be upset by this.
I kinda wish I had scrambled - mines still on "Items Not Yet Shipped". :(

Maybe it's because I'm in the UK and I used a free shipping voucher, they're gonna punish me and make me wait. :evil: