Canadian DVD Buyers

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Rainbow Brite
Tino

Post by Rainbow Brite » Dec 19th 2002, 12:46 pm

I live in Montreal and I ordered from HMV.com a couple of weeks ago, got them in two days, and everything is great besides the fact that without the refund from AU (which i still hope to get for X-Mas) these freakin' disks cost me almost 300$ Canadian.

misheebel
Tino

Post by misheebel » Dec 27th 2002, 3:45 pm

Haven't seen the set in the downtown Toronto HMV store but I did spot a couple of copies in HMV Square One right before Christmas. I'm assuming they've been snatched up by now...

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Dec 27th 2002, 5:43 pm

misheebel wrote:Haven't seen the set in the downtown Toronto HMV store but I did spot a couple of copies in HMV Square One right before Christmas. I'm assuming they've been snatched up by now...
The HMV near Yonge and Dundas had the set back in November for $89.99, but they seemed to sell out fairly quickly, and I don't think they ever re-stocked. I get into the HMV at Yonge and Bloor on a fairly regular basis, and I never saw the MSCL set there.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

NatalieSB
Frozen Embryo

Post by NatalieSB » Dec 30th 2002, 5:23 pm

You can call or pop into any HMV and they will order it for you (takes a few weeks). Or, you can call around to the various HMV locations and have them transfer it to the location you prefer (takes about 1 week). I've got mine on order. Can't wait to get my hands on the complete set. I wish they had a "behind-the-scenes" special feature, but I doubt it.
Nat

Willowbear
Frozen Embryo

Post by Willowbear » Jan 2nd 2003, 3:48 am

I first heard about the MSCL DVD box set in November and put it on my Xmas list. My mom tried everywhere to try and get it, but she was told it wasn't readily available anywhere in Canada. She was told if she wanted to get it she would have to get it from the USA, and that would end up costing her almost $200 after everything, so my mom told me tough luck and said maybe it will come to Canada in the future.
Anyways this week I was in Charlottetown (I live on PEI) and I was in Futureshop with my mom returning a DVD, and I was looking in their DVD section and saw the MSCL DVD box set for $83.00 CDN so I bought it right away, I was so excited. Hurray for futureshop. It was the only copy they got in, so I was lucky I got it.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 4th 2003, 11:16 am

Willowbear wrote:I first heard about the MSCL DVD box set in November and put it on my Xmas list. My mom tried everywhere to try and get it, but she was told it wasn't readily available anywhere in Canada. She was told if she wanted to get it she would have to get it from the USA, and that would end up costing her almost $200 after everything, so my mom told me tough luck and said maybe it will come to Canada in the future.
Anyways this week I was in Charlottetown (I live on PEI) and I was in Futureshop with my mom returning a DVD, and I was looking in their DVD section and saw the MSCL DVD box set for $83.00 CDN so I bought it right away, I was so excited. Hurray for futureshop. It was the only copy they got in, so I was lucky I got it.
Willowbear,

I am so glad that you finally managed to get a hold of the set. Enjoy! :D Ocassionally persistence pays off.

Best,

Lance Man