Quality of DVD picture

This forum is for questions/discussions about the now sold out first DVD box set by BMG / AnotherUniverse.
Paint it black
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Paint it black » Nov 22nd 2002, 10:18 pm

Ok a while ago i posted i reply which pretty much said that this whole bitching about the quality of the dvd was a pile of balls droppings. However i would like to partially retract my statement. I guess its good thing that there are people like Doublebilled, as after all it helps create the worst case senario, therefore when the DVDs arrive I'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality, instead of being shocked by the almost unnoticable blimp that occurs in the second episode at precisely 33 minutes and 23 seconds. Also i guess its good to excercise that whole freedom of speech thing, 1st amendment, or whatever it is that you call it over there. However as an aside I think you're timing sucks, mate, give it a couple of weeks, then you'll be free do discuss all the little blimps and spots you see to your hearts content. But while there are good, honest and desent people out there still waiting to receive there box sets, the least you could do is wait? Food for thought? I guess not? propably just another person who doesn't understand the indepthness of your technological problem.

Ps I was of the opinion that the show was never about its great visual affects but that it some how managed to touch and change the lives of so many in such a subtle and meaningful way.

Keith
Tino

it's beautiful..

Post by Keith » Nov 22nd 2002, 10:38 pm

in my humble opinion..

I picked up the box set today at the Best Buy (I went on Tuesday because I saw the ad in the Sunday paper, but the store didn't have a copy - they seemed confused). So.. I went back today, and saw 5 copies of the DVD sitting on the shelves.. picked up 2, just in case...

and I've fallen in love with one of my favorite shows ever...again. I just finished watching 'Life of Brian" and all I know is that this show is just as good as I remember... maybe even better.

I love the DVDs and I love finally being able to see this beautiful show again.. I've only posted once before, but I followed the ups and downs of getting this box set at this site.. like...faithfully.. I can't even begin to explain how I felt when I actually saw the MSCL sets on the shelves today.. my heart did skip a beat.. and I love the quality... I just finished episode 11, and, as I repeat myself again, it's beautiful.

p.s. I love it when Angela hugs Rickie after he shares his feelings at the World Dance..

"..the other half is like, you know, the tough half..

which is like, just, you know, that I belong no where, with no one. That I don't fit..."

what a beautiful series..

:-)

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 23rd 2002, 2:04 am

Actually Black, it was 21 minutes 36 seconds in episode 2. I used that mark as the best example to see for yourself.

Since then I have seen many more examples of poor quality, and other people have posted their issues as well.

I guess we can give it a month or two until after Christmas and everyone has their DVD's before we crank up the "What the heck is this crap" discussion again.

Until then....baby arm.

db

Mold E. Peaches
Liberty High Student

Post by Mold E. Peaches » Nov 23rd 2002, 2:48 am

DoubleBilled wrote:Actually Black, it was 21 minutes 36 seconds in episode 2. I used that mark as the best example to see for yourself.

Since then I have seen many more examples of poor quality, and other people have posted their issues as well.

I guess we can give it a month or two until after Christmas and everyone has their DVD's before we crank up the "What the heck is this crap" discussion again.

Until then....baby arm.

db
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: there aren't enough eye rolls.......to do you justice

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 23rd 2002, 2:48 pm

Ricky Love wrote:HEY!!! :D I'M A CHASE FACE NOW!! WOO-HOO!!
Ricky Love,

Big congrats on your induction to Chase facedom. :D

My continued best,

Lance Man