DVD Set possibilities.

ShoutFactory.com will release on October 30, 2007 a new DVD set in the United States featuring serveral hours of new bonus material.
Petrified Rage
Frozen Embryo

DVD Set possibilities.

Post by Petrified Rage » Jun 27th 2007, 9:35 pm

In short, I'm looking for a complete season DVD Set (preferrably with the bonus disc), but I'm not entirely sure how to go about finding one, or where I would, or how I would ensure its authenticity, considering from what I have read, there's plenty of bootleg copies out there. I'm hoping to avoid purchasing a bootleg copy, if at all possible.

Is there an Admin/moderator/member who could point me either in the direction of posts on this subject that are applicable (I.e., current), or could assist me in this?

Price is not an issue, its authenticity is. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm honestly unsure of where I might find a set with some way to ensure it's not an illegal copy.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jun 27th 2007, 10:37 pm

Where do you live at?

They just released new copies in Europe, and Shout Factory will be re-releasing the series in the US.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

Petrified Rage
Frozen Embryo

Post by Petrified Rage » Jun 28th 2007, 9:48 am

United States.

Unfortunately, I need to purchase a copy before I believe any rerelease will be happening.

It's a gift for a friend of mine, and their birthday is late July. I believe the rerelease is planned many months after.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 28th 2007, 10:51 am

You could try importing the recently released Region Code 2 edition from the United Kingdom. Amazon.co.uk and other retailers should be able to ship it to the United States.
But there are a few things to consider: The UK release is a PAL (not NTSC) release and most likely Region Code 2, so it may not work on all players and/or TVs in the US. And there's no bonus disc.

As for the original box set: It's no longer available. You can try to get a used box on ebay, maybe someone is selling his/her box due to the re-release announcement. But from my experience: 90% of all offers on ebay are illegal bootleg copies. Rule of thumb: If they offer it for less than $50 or sell more than 10 sets at the same time or if all DVDs have the same color, then it's most likely not genuine. See also this thread for details how a bootleg copy might look.
It's a gift for a friend of mine, and their birthday is late July.
That's very unfortunate. Especially considering that there is a re-release with a lot more bonus features coming later this year. Maybe give him/her something different for his/her birthday and wait with the MSCL box until christmas?

Illyria
Tino

Post by Illyria » Jun 30th 2007, 10:07 pm

Petrified Rage: if you're really interested in getting the box now, I sent you a pm.

Petrified Rage
Frozen Embryo

Post by Petrified Rage » Jul 3rd 2007, 1:27 pm

Illyria has offered to sell their copy to me, it's just a matter of figuring out the details, so it seems.

I would prefer to get the bonus disc as well, but that's not required--she isn't a huge fan of the extra content on DVD's to begin with, so that should be okay.

We typically don't do christmas gifts for each other since she doesn't like to celebrate it, but I'm thinking this year might be an exception with the re-release given to her. I really, really dislike how my luck makes it so something I've planned for for a while now ends up having such horrible timing with the re-release not too long after her birthday.

housemouse
Frozen Embryo

MSCL Box from Shout! is available to pre-order

Post by housemouse » Jul 30th 2007, 3:38 pm

stburr91 wrote:...Shout Factory will be re-releasing the series in the US.
Release date is October 30th - you can pre-order the [deluxe] box set at: http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=3325288

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » Jul 30th 2007, 4:48 pm

What are the chances of this DVD set showing up in retail stores in Canada? I just want to avoid shipping cost, duty, and brokerage fees for the item coming from the US to Canada.