Email I got back from Shout Factory.

ShoutFactory.com will release on October 30, 2007 a new DVD set in the United States featuring serveral hours of new bonus material.
KCBA
Frozen Embryo

Email I got back from Shout Factory.

Post by KCBA » May 11th 2007, 1:24 pm

Hello

A My So Called Life Box Set is currently in the works. Please keep an eye on the Website in the coming months for information and release date. Thank You

-Shout! Factory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Shout! Factory Message Center [mailto:webmaster@shoutfactory.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:51 PM
To: retail
Subject: My So Called Life

P.S. Everyone needs to be emailing this company about MSLC to help get this done.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/contact.aspx

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » May 11th 2007, 2:00 pm

I sent one myself Thanks for putting up the contact info.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

Catalano87
Tino

Post by Catalano87 » May 11th 2007, 7:39 pm

YAY! That's awesome!! Can't wait to hear more news about it!
Thanks for sharing the email!
"Defy yourself just look inside the wreckage of your past, to lose it all you have to do is lie. The policy is set no we are never turning back. It's time for excution, time to excute...."

Dork
Frozen Embryo

Post by Dork » May 12th 2007, 6:08 am

i am...so happy *tear*

claudine
Frozen Embryo

Re-relase

Post by claudine » May 12th 2007, 8:08 pm

Hi all - I'm new here ... been lurking a while, trying to find out info on the MSCL DVD and was so happy to hear there might be a re-release. I also emailed Shout!Factory the other day after I read your post here...but the reply that I got doesn't like the re-release is 100% positive yet. Here is the reply I got -

***************We are thinking about it, but nothing is official yet. We are trying to get a feel for the demand that is out there, so your inquiry is appreciated and helps us to make decisions regarding this particular title. If we are able to release My So Called Life we will post all the info on our web site closer to a scheduled release date. Thanks again for writing.******************

So, guys - let's make sure to email them so they know there is a serious demand for the box set !!!!

claudine

nick3491
Frozen Embryo

Post by nick3491 » May 28th 2007, 3:46 pm

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » May 29th 2007, 2:04 pm

pretty awesome. so glad i ditched my old copy :)
this life has been a test.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » May 29th 2007, 3:28 pm

I just had an orgasm. Right in the middle of work. :P

And how bout this?
MSCL stars Claire Danes and Jared Leto are being approached to participate as well, with Leto appearing the most likely to come on board.
I would be VERY surprised.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Catalano87
Tino

Post by Catalano87 » May 29th 2007, 3:38 pm

He may do it, when I met him back in March, we actually talked about MSCL, which surpised me cause alot of people have told me he doesn't like talking about it and what not. But he was very nice about it and answered my questions and everything. Who knows, though it would be very very awesome it they both did.
"Defy yourself just look inside the wreckage of your past, to lose it all you have to do is lie. The policy is set no we are never turning back. It's time for excution, time to excute...."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » May 29th 2007, 4:07 pm

Well maybe if he does it, she'll do it.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

SpaceCadet
Tino

Post by SpaceCadet » May 29th 2007, 6:25 pm

...including a note detailing Holzman’s plot ideas for a never-realized second season of the show.
^from the link nick posted

That should be interesting!

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » May 29th 2007, 9:31 pm

Catlano, what kind of stuff did he say to you about MSCL? That's cool that he was being nice to you about it. I wonder why he doesn't like talking about the show?
The new set sounds great. I'd buy it for all the extras even though I have the original BMG boxed set.

RM
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 31st 2007, 2:55 am

SpaceCadet wrote:
...including a note detailing Holzman’s plot ideas for a never-realized second season of the show.
^from the link nick posted

That should be interesting!
Winnie already revealed a lot of season 2 plot points when she spoke with a class at UC Berkeley. You can read about it here.
Rainey's_Mischief wrote:I wonder why he doesn't like talking about the show?
My understanding from several interviews that I read over the years:
(1) he felt his acting was not the best in MSCL and it was difficult for him to watch himself/be praised for his role as Jordan when he felt it was not as good as he would have liked it to be
(2) as with many other actors, it's frustrating to be seen as the same character for the rest of your life rather than as an actor who has played many different roles. Keanu Reeves once said that he knew no matter what he did in the future, he would always be remembered as Ted. Jared wanted to be seen as Jared the person, not Jordan the character
(3) whenever he was interviewed regarding his band, journalists always brought up MSCL, which he found frustrating because he wanted to talk about his music, not a part that he played ten years ago. It happened a lot when the band initially released their debut in 2002 because he was seen as another actor with a band, and the reporters kept asking about MSCL.

Given all of all that, I can see why he got sick of being asked about MSCL. I'm glad that he's now at a place where he is comfortable discussing it though! It would be great to have as many cast members as possible involved in any bonus features or commentaries given the veritable dearth of bonus features from the 2002 release (although I do love the Winnie/Ed/Marshall interview).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Videodrome
Tino

Post by Videodrome » Jun 7th 2007, 1:13 pm

I just sent an e-mail to Shout Factery about My So-Called Life being released on DVD so I hope that they reply, I have been trying to get this show for years.
Long Live the New Flesh

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Jun 11th 2007, 3:57 am

I got a reply and it was a "form" letter so you'll probably get one too. I already have the boxed set but I sent an email in because I want to see it released again.
Thanks for your post, Natasha.

RM
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."