2007 Region 1 Complete Set Rerelease (ShoutFactory)

ShoutFactory.com will release on October 30, 2007 a new DVD set in the United States featuring serveral hours of new bonus material.
kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Jul 12th 2007, 3:58 am

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7646

The set is coming Oct 30, 2007. Lots of extras including an interview with Claire Danes and the Museum of Television and Radio footage. Very exciting. I feel a bit tingly. Click on the Link to read a copy of the press release posted on tvshowsondvd.com.

I really hope that the video quality is cleaned up and better than the first release. Surely it can't be any worse. I just want it to look nice on a big screen.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 28th 2007, 3:10 am

kappster wrote:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7646

The set is coming Oct 30, 2007. Lots of extras including an interview with Claire Danes and the Museum of Television and Radio footage. Very exciting. I feel a bit tingly. Click on the Link to read a copy of the press release posted on tvshowsondvd.com.
So glad they're including the MTR footage. It wasn't initially reported, so I was worried. As I said earlier in this thread, everyone will love it. And I didn't get to see the whole thing, so I can't wait for that either.

Can't believe they got Claire to participate (I'm assuming it is a new interview).

I'm still pinching myself over this. I thought this was more unlikely then when the first series set came out.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jul 29th 2007, 11:21 am

Looks like you can pre-order the set for $48.99, not a bad price.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

elz200
Tino

Post by elz200 » Jul 29th 2007, 12:55 pm

http://www.amazon.com/My-So-Called-Life ... B000TXZVGQ

There it is on amazon. The picture is the same we saw before but it has more added to it. I hate it even more than before.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 29th 2007, 2:08 pm

elz200 wrote:The picture is the same we saw before but it has more added to it. I hate it even more than before.
That's an old picture. ShoutFactory confirmed to us that amazon.com has currently the wrong cover on their site.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jul 29th 2007, 2:19 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:
elz200 wrote:The picture is the same we saw before but it has more added to it. I hate it even more than before.
That's an old picture. ShoutFactory confirmed to us that amazon.com has currently the wrong cover on their site.
Well, what's the new cover? Have you seen it?

Thanks

Steve
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 29th 2007, 4:48 pm

stburr91 wrote:Well, what's the new cover? Have you seen it?
There is no new cover :). The one that's been posted here in this thread is still current and it's the final revision.

Amazon probably somehow got an older preliminary draft.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 29th 2007, 7:47 pm

well, an ugly cover is a small price to pay for much improved quality dvds!! :)

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Jul 29th 2007, 9:13 pm

I'm not wild about the cover either but I do like the picture of Angela. I have the BMG dvds and I'll still probably buy this for a back up and to have the extras. I'm just really happy they are being re released for the people who never got the dvds.
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

elz200
Tino

Post by elz200 » Jul 30th 2007, 12:35 pm

amazon put up the correct picture, although I'm still not crazy about it. Sorry for the confusion.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 1st 2007, 4:32 am

I was feeling all nostalgic so I looked at the old 2003 April Fool's post and was pleasantly surprised to see how many of those awesome imaginary bonus features will be in the new (real) bonus features of the upcoming release:
Edit: This was an April Fools Joke - there's nothing true about this posting except for the fact that Buena Vista is now the new owner of the DVD rights. This also means that the boxes will now slowly disappear from stores. No new boxes will be produced by BMG. And Buena Vista will also NOT produce any boxes in the near future.

Jason once mentioned that the DVD/Video rights for MSCL will fall back this month from BMG to Buena Vista (Disney) - see here.

We can now confirm that this is true. As of today, Buena Vista is the new owner of the DVD rights. A BV representative contacted us (MSCL.com) a few days ago and informed us about the plans for a Special Edition release of the My So-Called Life Boxset but urged us to wait with an official announcement until Buena Vista officially re-acquired the rights (which they did today). She gave us some more interesting informations about that whole Buena Vista vs. BMG / AU issue, but I'll focus in this topic on the new DVD box set (I'll open another topic for more details).

In cooperation with MSCL.com and OLS, Buena Vista wants to offer the fans a "true experience" and presents the MSCL DVD box set as an "astounding example" of the possiblities of the DVD medium (yay! Smile)

The following features are already confirmed:

6 discs with all 19 episodes in a special collectors box set.
Remastered video from the original master tapes.
Interviews with cast & crew (those are *not* the interviews Dan did for AU) - Tom Irwin, Devon Gummersall, A.J. Langer, Devon Odessa, Wilson Cruz and Claire Danes (!) are confirmed so far, only Jared Leto and Bess Armstrong declined. The interviews aren't yet recorded, so we hope for even more cast members to join.
Commentary Tracks for the Pilot Episode and episodes 11 ("Life of Brian") and 19 ("In Dreams...") with Winnie Holzman, Ed Zwick and Devon Gummersall.
Commentary Track for Episode 14 ("On the Wagon") with Winnie Holzman, Marshall Herskovitz, A.J. Langer and Wilson Cruz.
Featurettes:
- "The Casting"
- "The Girl With the Red Hairs" (14 minutes)
- "Making Of" (featuring previously unseen scenes) (76 minutes)
- "I Call Her Red - The Music of Snuffy Walden" (14 minutes)
- "The Search for a Timeslot"
- "Operation Life Support" (56 minutes, with excerpts from E! Television, MTV, ABC and interviews with Steve Joyner and former ABC CEOs Ted Herbert and Stu Bloomberg)
- "Life After LIFE?" (25 minutes, Winnie Holzman talks about her old plans for season two)
- "Timeless Teenage Angst"
- "Once Again Thirtysomething - The Bedford Falls Team"
- "What Are They Doing Now?"
- "My So-Called Reunion"

Interactive Features: Shooting Scripts, Easter Eggs (*g*), MSCL FanListing

Trailers: More than 14 trailers from ABC, MTV and FOX Family
A recording of the MSCL session at the Museum of Radio and TV in 1995 (around 60 minutes)
32 minutes of deleted scenes and over 60 minutes of so-called "dailies" (stuff that was taped, but not used or reshot later)

DVD-ROM section: All shooting scripts including all revisions, interactive feature "The History of MSCL" with hundreds of perviously unpublished images. We're currently negotiating with some of the fanfiction authors and Bedford Falls to include a "Best of FanFiction" on the DVD. If you published a story on MSCL.com, please be sure to check your e-mail inbox today for any details.

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French (German is not confirmed yet)
Audio: English: Dolby Stereo 2.0 (not 4.1), Spanish (2.0), French (2.0)
Region Code 1, NTSC
Street Day: November 1st, 2003
Suggested Retail Price: 68 US-$

We prepared a special page on MSCL.com with some early pictures of the box artwork and more details about this Special Edition: http://www.mscl.com/dvdse

Note again: This was an April fools joke - so nothing about it is true. But if someone from Buena Vista Home Entertainment is reading this -- feel free to use it as starting point for your plans for a rerelease... Wink
Some dreams DO come true!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Greybird
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Greybird » Aug 5th 2007, 3:55 am

From the Amazon.com listings ...

New set — Run Time: 1110 minutes
Original set — Run Time: 900 minutes

The difference — 210 minutes, or three and a half HOURS of added material!

(And that's not counting the audio commentary tracks which run along with selected episodes.)

If that one figure doesn't get people to buy this, I don't know what will.
Greybird of Starhaven
"MSCL" crazy since March 1995

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » Aug 6th 2007, 11:19 pm

stburr91 wrote:Looks like you can pre-order the set for $48.99, not a bad price.
That is a great price. The free shipping in the US tops it off! I have never bought anything from amazon.com before. There shouldn't be any problems you think?

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Aug 7th 2007, 2:19 pm

Hollywood wrote:
stburr91 wrote:Looks like you can pre-order the set for $48.99, not a bad price.
That is a great price. The free shipping in the US tops it off! I have never bought anything from amazon.com before. There shouldn't be any problems you think?
I've ordered a lot of things from Amazon, and I've never had any problems.

Hollywood
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Hollywood » Aug 7th 2007, 4:44 pm

Well, I just pre-ordered mine! :)
I think it will be a long 3 month wait....:(
I hope everything goes according to plan not like the last time...:(