2007 Region 1 Complete Set Rerelease (ShoutFactory)

ShoutFactory.com will release on October 30, 2007 a new DVD set in the United States featuring serveral hours of new bonus material.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: New release extras

Post by Sascha » May 10th 2007, 6:09 pm

DVDeeva wrote: Did MTV air it in '95? I thought they aired it in 2000? Correct me if I'm wrong.
MTV picked it up even before ABC had officially cancelled it (The official cancellation came in May '95), which was quite a big deal back then, because something like that had never happened before. They aired it Monday through Friday, beginning April 10, 1995. They aired it over and over again, it appeared on their schedule countless times in the following years. The last MTV MSCL marathon I know of aired sometime in 1998.

FOX Family aired it twice in 2000 (but in a "clean" version, with about 5 minutes missing from each episode). Then "The N" picked it up in 2004.

KCBA
Frozen Embryo

MSLC Fans lets not mess this up

Post by KCBA » May 11th 2007, 1:00 am

I am not getting my hopes way up but I am e-mailing Shout!, the more that do this the better. You want the DVD? So do I... Bombard that company with Email to make sure they do it if they are not already sure of it.

Here it the contact link:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/contact.aspx

-KCBA

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » May 11th 2007, 8:22 am

Sascha,

You said you have an early promo trailer for MSCL, is it on this site somewhere? I would love to see it.

Steve
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » May 12th 2007, 12:52 am

so glad i sold my set. i'll pick this up, and i really hope they are better transfers.
this life has been a test.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 12th 2007, 1:02 am

This is great news. I will definitely be picking up a rerelease if there are some good extras added.

Hello everyone, BTW. It's been a long time since I've been here! Surprised to see so many still around. :D

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 12th 2007, 4:21 am

stburr91 wrote:You said you have an early promo trailer for MSCL, is it on this site somewhere? I would love to see it.
Nope, it's not on the site (yet). There's an audio problem in the QuickTime file. It's basically just a collection of scenes from the pilot episode, with a preliminary "My So-Called Life" logo.

Dork
Frozen Embryo

Post by Dork » May 12th 2007, 6:15 am

i will have a mscl party when this is re-released.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: New release extras

Post by dTheater » May 13th 2007, 1:09 am

DVDeeva wrote:[ we know that MTV produced little segments with the cast in 1995 when they aired the show ]

Did MTV air it in '95? I thought they aired it in 2000? Correct me if I'm wrong.
[/quote]

No no. MTV aired it almost the moment it was pulled from ABC's line-up. If MTV hadn't made that move, would MSCL's cult legacy be even half of what it is today? I don't think so.

Maybe the only good thing that network's ever done.

Like so many others, I discovered the show on MTV, and I vividly remember those cast segments.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » May 14th 2007, 2:26 am

The whole series will be rereleased on October 30th. My friend who knows my obsession with this show sent me the link! It's being rereleased in the UK May 14 (today).

I have the original set...and will never give that one up (reminds me of that long drawn out process...and thus, how much this show means to me). I do plan on buying myself another copy! :)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7247

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » May 14th 2007, 5:31 pm

This is very exciting news. I will drop some hard-earned dollars on this DVD set.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 14th 2007, 5:43 pm

The whole series will be rereleased on October 30th. My friend who knows my obsession with this show sent me the link!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7247
I love that our site was mentioned and linked in that article!!!

DVD extras! Oh what sweet temptation it is to dream!!!

I agree that it does sound like good news that SHOUT! is releasing it (but -- from my limited experience -- it does seem like having Judd Apatow and Paul Feig involved is what made the great extras for sets like Freaks and Geeks and UnDeclared). Fans involved? That would be cool.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » May 15th 2007, 4:42 pm

I know! I loved how they mentioned this site...and then when they mentioned another universe and all that crazy ordeal...the memories of that came rushing back (made getting the set even sweeter when I finally had it in my hands).

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 16th 2007, 12:49 pm

north_Star98 wrote:The whole series will be rereleased on October 30th.
Change that will to a should. Nothing is set in stone yet.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » May 19th 2007, 5:44 pm

It just happened by complete coincidence that while these rumors of a Special Edition re-release are flying, I got a chance to see the most coveted bonus feature there could be, the Museum of TV & Radio MSCL Q&A. I didn't see it all, but quite a lot of it, and let me tell you if this DVD does come out with that as an extra and nothing more, it would still be totally worth buying.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Troy
Frozen Embryo

Post by Troy » May 20th 2007, 2:01 pm

Pardon my ignorance :oops:, but what does this Museum of whatever feature entail?

(Yep, i'm a relative newbie. Not to the show, but to this forum.)

And why pray tell would the Region 1 rerelease be loaded with extras when the Region 2 rerelease (just got it in the mail from Amazon.co.uk yesterday; no subs, no bonus material of any kind) has none?
That hardly seems fair. Now i'll have to buy it twice. :cry: