Re-release? Hey it's worth a shot

ShoutFactory.com will release on October 30, 2007 a new DVD set in the United States featuring serveral hours of new bonus material.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 8th 2006, 7:17 pm

As someone with multiple Fox sets (Buffy and the Simpsons to name a few), I absolutely HATE the fold out packaging because it's so cheap and flimsy. After opening them up a few times, the trays start popping off and the cardboard starts to tear at the seams. For those reasons, I am still glad that the MSCL set was packaged as it was. I'd prefer the slim cases if only because I'm out of space on my shelves, but that's a minor detail I'm willing to overlook.

:mrgreen:
shadowkewl wrote:i don't see why they were put in stores if they were going to be out of print eventually.
They were put in stores for the same reason that anything is put in stores: to sell as many units as possible. Some people don't like buying things online (I'm not one of those people, but I know people who are like that) so having the sets available at stores should have helped get the DVDs into more hands. Lots of things go out of print eventually, but MSCL just had a lower number of units to begin with than lots of other DVDs or CDs. From the manufacturer's point of view, it's good that they are out of print because that means they sold every unit they made. From a customer point of view, it sucks if you didn't know about the DVDs until it was too late.

I would gladly buy a new and improved version of this set too. You should have seen me drooling when I originally read this thread!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

court
Frozen Embryo

Sign the petition, maybe it will help

Post by court » Aug 9th 2006, 3:38 pm

http://www.petitiononline.com/MSCL/petition.html

I signed today and there are 366 signatures

MSCL-Lover
Frozen Embryo

Post by MSCL-Lover » Aug 11th 2006, 1:57 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm a huge MSCL fan. Anyway, I have a friend who works for a very reliable DVD review site, he says Buena Vista is in the process of re-acquiring MSCL and they're hoping to re-release the DVD with added extras by next year. I'm hoping this info is correct, because the original DVD was pretty lackluster. Does anyone know why Buena Vista never released MSCL in the first place, since they own the show?

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Sep 28th 2006, 2:56 pm

MSCL-Lover wrote:Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm a huge MSCL fan. Anyway, I have a friend who works for a very reliable DVD review site, he says Buena Vista is in the process of re-acquiring MSCL and they're hoping to re-release the DVD with added extras by next year. I'm hoping this info is correct, because the original DVD was pretty lackluster. Does anyone know why Buena Vista never released MSCL in the first place, since they own the show?
well, i take anything MSCL related with a grain of salt, but that would be awesome!

they didn't release it because they didn't think a 10 year old show that ran for one season would make money. bottom line.

oaksand
Overlooked Sibling

Post by oaksand » Sep 29th 2006, 11:47 am

396 signitures now